International Football League: Version 2.0

Julius Seizure

I've come quite a long way from the last time I put my IFL concept on here a few months back. I figured with all the changes I've made, the most appropriate way to show my progress is with a new topic. To 'clean the slate' so to speak:p

This concept revamp will feature:

-Pro Combat Unis

-Full team profiles

-New logos, or logo alterations all around

-3 expansion teams

Here's the division lineup. Ready for the Spring 2012 Kickoff!!

New_Logosvg-rect7982-4294967161.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

First up: Alaska!

Alaska__Logo_svg-rect12394-284.png

My team profile pages are inspired from the "Blitz: The League" game. I wanted to feature a team captain and a playbook identity to give the team a 'face'.

Alaska__Logo_svg-rect5588-363.png

I didn't change a whole lot on the unis, but I made a more ornate pattern for the stripes.

Alaska__Pro_Combat_svg-rect5588-4294966696.png

THANK YOU for coming up with a concept (and a series) with thought put into an identity. I think it's truly something that this board needs more of-- design with purpose and reason. I'll preach it 'til I die.

I like what you've got with Alaska-- are there any more Harbaughs left to coach this team? Haha :P

are there any more Harbaughs left to coach this team? Haha :P

Haha, yeah this team is sort of inspired by the 49ers.

Stay tuned! This league has been in the works since about 5th grade---so, 17 years I've been at it in some way, shape, or form. Between Inkscape and this forum, it's been able to take on new life!!

Did you mean for the Chicago logo to look similar to a bird head? (Phoenix?)

If so, it's very well done.

If you dont see what I see, I can try explaining in more detail.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Everything looks good, and it is an imptovement since your first posts, except the thick bubbly outlines on the wordmarks. It doesnt match the greaet edgy look your logos have. Not every wordmark even needs and outline, or if you do have an outline, each letters individual outlines doesnt have to touch the next letters. Just my thoughts. I like the logos.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Inkscape doesn't like stroking fonts very much. When I put an edgy stroke on them, it looks terrible. I suppose I could raise the meter limit on them, that migh thelp a bit.

It means a lot to get feedback from you, jaha.

I kid you not, I have a folder named 'Inspirado', and I have Fraser Davidson's work, and your basketball league in it!

Fantastic work on the Kodiaks. Id add some gold to the oval to balance it out some. The Blazers need a stronger core. Id suggest a different name and some sort of flame incorperating wordmark that can be used as a logo. The helmet logo doesn't work alone. Flames, Fire, Heat, Scorchers could work. Something I don't like about Blazers... in any case, why is a team from Chicago called the Blazers anyway?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• 3 weeks later...

Archived