Royals 2012 Changes

Royals Insider

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted to my blog:

Kansas City Royals

Is that a new number font for the Royals? Something about it doesnt look the same as last season.

Last season:

KansasCityRoyals_UBN1a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

New:

KansasCityRoyals_UBN1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Oh - and here's a graphical comparison of the road scripts. Old:

KansasCityRoyals_UNS2a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

New:

KansasCityRoyals_UNS2a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I saw in the article that there is a claim that the road Gray color has changed...apparently that change didn't make it into the official files...

Not only did the gray change but the powder blue is darker as well.

2d1k3gi.png

Would look sooooooo much better if the digits on front were in white. Oh so close!

Just another example of a team bungling what should be a no brainer. Clearly they decided white was easier to read against the powder blue, as the script was changed to white, white is also used on the back. However, because they are the Royals, the changed the front numbers to be blue outlined in white.

I agree that the change on the road jersey was bad. Not the script itself, but it is too wispy on the jersey. The old one stood out more. It was such a small difference from the official script to the previous road jersey (nobody would think they were from different sets), and the old one looked much better on the jersey. This was a downgrade.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just another example of a team bungling what should be a no brainer. Clearly they decided white was easier to read against the powder blue, as the script was changed to white, white is also used on the back. However, because they are the Royals, the changed the front numbers to be blue outlined in white.

Haha, yep. Same old Royals.

The stretched-out Kansas City script was better, too. Now it matches, but looks too slight. Not a fan of using the Giants' numbers, either. They look ugly. They should use tht sometimes-serifed-but-not-quite-varsity block that they used to use. More teams should, it's a good number set.

Oh well. Bless their hearts, they tried.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also, the change to the Giants' font, if it wasn't scrapped at the last minute, is a bad choice. That is a bad, bad font which is somewhat covered up for by its orange outline and gold dropshadow. Without those elements on the font, we see just how unbalanced it is. Just look at the top of the 5. How does that happen with a major league team?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Posted to my blog:

Kansas City Royals

Is that a new number font for the Royals? Something about it doesnt look the same as last season.

Last season:

KansasCityRoyals_UBN1a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

New:

KansasCityRoyals_UBN1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Oh - and here's a graphical comparison of the road scripts. Old:

KansasCityRoyals_UNS2a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

New:

KansasCityRoyals_UNS2a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I saw in the article that there is a claim that the road Gray color has changed...apparently that change didn't make it into the official files...

Both slight, but good, upgrades in my opinion.

spacer.png

I think the Royals would benefit from modifying their script logos to include an angled arch. Sort of like what the Brewers do, except the Brewers script is just arched, and then on the uniforms they rotate it, which is a bit silly. I'm essentially asking for a skewed arch, not any sort of rotation.

There's no doubt the new road script looks a lot better, but on the uniforms, it's just a bit long. An arch would help condense it with out distorting the letter forms in an awkward manner. Such an arch isn't necessary on the home script, but if done to one, I would do it to both.

Not only did the gray change but the powder blue is darker as well.

Not according to the official specs, but we all know how much that means.

I hadn't heard anything about Majestic altering or augmenting their grey COOLBASE material. If they didn't, then there is no change to the on-field road jersey color.

Like the royal hat with the powder blue jersey. My company softball team wears the same color combo (royal hat / powder jersey), and the hat pops with the jersey.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

As a Royals fan, I'm fine with it. I actually like the front numbers on the powder blue alts being blue instead of white like the script, because it makes the script stand out more. What bothers me (and it doesn't really bother me that much) is that it isn't consistent with their other three jerseys.

I loved the old road script, but this new one is similar enough that I don't think most people will even notice a difference. Even though the new road script is more consistent with the script in the logo, it just doesn't look as good to me on the actual jersey.

I'm not upset by any of the changes, but none of them excite me enough to make me run out and buy new merchandise either. The change I like the best was getting rid of the powder blue caps. I never liked them in the first place, and I'm glad to see them go.

I think the Royals would benefit from modifying their script logos to include an angled arch. Sort of like what the Brewers do, except the Brewers script is just arched, and then on the uniforms they rotate it, which is a bit silly. I'm essentially asking for a skewed arch, not any sort of rotation.

There's no doubt the new road script looks a lot better, but on the uniforms, it's just a bit long. An arch would help condense it with out distorting the letter forms in an awkward manner. Such an arch isn't necessary on the home script, but if done to one, I would do it to both.

Something like this?

kansascityroyalsdavemorehead1969jersey.jpg

Match the underscore to the angle of the letters, and I'd love to see this make a comeback.

Archived