Classic / Keep it / Tweek it / Lose it (NBA edition)

29texan

Classic:

zdrycpc7mh5teihl10gko8sgf.gif

Keep it:

yfypcwqog6qx8658sn5w65huh.gif

Tweek it:

795.gif

Lose it:

xeti0fjbyzmcffue57vz5o1gl.gif

Return it:

823.gif

I was wondering what team does the return it logo belong to? I have never seen it before.

It was an alternate logo for the Trail Blazers.

2ly2w09.jpg

Classic:

Indiana-Pacers.jpg

Keep it:

new-york-knicks-logo.png

Tweak it:

New-Jazz-Logo.jpg

(As a die-hard Jazz fan, they NEED to bring back purple to replace navy. That's the tweak I'd make.)

Lose it:

Detroit_Pistons_logo.png

and speaking of that...

Return it:

444.gif

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Lose it:

Detroit_Pistons_logo.png

and speaking of that...

Return it:

444.gif

Totally agreed. That was one of the best NBA logos ever.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Classic

98745329.png

Maybe the only NBA logo that could be considered so

Keep it

26692856.png

This already great logo was made even better when they adopted a brighter colour palette. Now if only they could come out with some good jerseys to match it.

Tweak it

18541702.png

Lose the Copperplate.

Lose it

84696002.png

Going to parrot Ice Cap here. This logo simply does not fit with the rest of the teams rebrand.

Return it

81173461.png

The Hawks always looked best in these colours. Perplexed as to why they were changed in the first place..

Return it:

pphdqx7bfbbbumpehh7telq1h.gif

What's wrong with the one they have now?

IMO this one is outdated but got a perfect update (like I said erliar)

I know how people are saying the current one is "goofy", but to me the colorized one is too goofy, at least too me. The green-and-white one is classic, and I vastly prefer it over the current one.

spacer.png

Classic:

Boston_Celtics_logo.png

A great update on a classic logo that keeps it fresh. Honorable mentions: Bulls, Pacers

Keep It:

San-Antonio-Spurs.jpg

Honorable mentions: Bucks, Cavaliers, Kings

Tweak It:

New-Jazz-Logo.jpg

Before I start, I'll say that I do like the Jazz' redesign from last year, and I'm OK with navy. That said, Utah would look better if they either:

1. Lightened either their blue or green,
  2. Returned to purple,
  3. Returned to their double-blue color scheme, which, IMO, fits Utah very well* and could work well with the note/classic look,
  4. Emphasized the green over the blue, or
  5. Found a way to effectively put "Utah" on the note wordmark.

*Despite it being the flavor-of-the-2000s color fad.

One idea to skirt around the "Oh nos, we look like the Lakerz again!" (AKA anti-purple) sentiment--use a distinctively darker purple, like a plum-ish purple, and/or emphasize the green over the purple.

Honorable mentions: Warriors, Rockets

Lose It:

This one's easy:

57401197188317.jpg

You'd think that they'd at least have something that's was connected to thunder in their logo, such as lightning bolts, storm clouds, Thor, or even bison. Yet, you have no idea what locale (Oklahoma) this logo represents. The Utah Jazz' mountain logo at least used something Utah is known for (mountains), but this? OK, it's a basketball team--that's about it. I also think that they need to go with colors of light blue, red-orange, and slate gray. Though I wouldn't push for it to be the main OKC logo, I couldn't help but mention Tim E. O'Brien's logo as well. (Dis)Honorable mentions: Wizards (Main, RWB Logo), Jazz (Mountain Logo)

Return It:

This one's a toss-up, and both teams have had the same (primary) color scheme: Red and Athletic Gold...

Atlanta-Hawks-Logo-psd51754.pnghouston%20rockets%20old%20logo.gif

As far as logos, I'd like to see a mash-up of sorts of the old Rockets' logo with the Saturanian ring in the current logo.

Mention for more reasons than simple aesthetics:

SeattleSuperSonicsOld.png

The Sonics and their green/gold scheme stood out so well in the NBA; it's hard to think that the NBA once had so much color before blueing itself. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Classic:

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

Seriously? I think the Lakers logo is horrible - and that's not just my Celtics fanhood peeking through. It just seems really messy and unprofessional.

I can't imagine the Lakers with anything else. Perfect identity all around IMO. Besides, what would they change to anyway? What's a laker?

Classic:

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

Seriously? I think the Lakers logo is horrible - and that's not just my Celtics fanhood peeking through. It just seems really messy and unprofessional.

I can't imagine the Lakers with anything else. Perfect identity all around IMO. Besides, what would they change to anyway? What's a laker?

It just needs to be cleaned up. The lines, the outline of the ball, the angle of the ball, it just looks archaic and unprofessional.

spacer.png

Archived