The Marinovich Project

DarkJourney

As long as ESPN Films keep coming, I'll keep watching. The majority of these are fantastic.

Same here. My favorite is "June 17th 1994", followed closely by "Four Days in October".

Big fan of that one, as well as Without Bias. I got choked up, mostly because I didn't know the entire story.

I'm staying in tonight to "study" for finals, which will consist of me watching The Marinovich Project and eating cookie dough. Looking forward to that.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

As long as ESPN Films keep coming, I'll keep watching. The majority of these are fantastic.

Same here. My favorite is "June 17th 1994", followed closely by "Four Days in October".

"June 17th, 1994" was excellent, though I was underwhelmed by "Four Days in October". It was just a rehash of the same story I've already seen a million times, with nothing new. Better documentaries about The Comeback have been made.

My favorite 30 for 30s were:

1. Into the Wind

2. June 17th, 1994

3. The 16th Man

4. Once Brothers

5. Unguarded

6. Catching Hell

7. The Two Escobars

8. The Band that Wouldn't Die

9. King's Ransom

10. Without Bias

Honorable mention goes to Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL?, Straight Outta LA, One Night in Vegas, Renee and Charismatic.

spacer.png

"June 17th, 1994" was excellent, though I was underwhelmed by "Four Days in October". It was just a rehash of the same story I've already seen a million times, with nothing new. Better documentaries about The Comeback have been made.

1. Into the Wind

2. June 17th, 1994

3. The 16th Man

4. Once Brothers

5. Unguarded

6. Catching Hell

7. The Two Escobars

9. King's Ransom

10. Without Bias

Honorable mention goes to Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL?, Straight Outta LA, One Night in Vegas, Renee and Charismatic.

No way do you have Catching Hell over The Two Escobars... They had so much to work with for Catching Hell, but they dragged it out soooooo long. It was awful.

1. Into the Wind

2. June 17th, 1994

3. The 16th Man

4. Once Brothers

5. Unguarded

6. Catching Hell

7. The Two Escobars

9. King's Ransom

10. Without Bias

No way do you have Catching Hell over The Two Escobars... They had so much to work with for Catching Hell, but they dragged it out soooooo long. It was awful.

I only caught bits and pieces of The Two Escobars, and I haven't seen it all. I saw the entirety of Catching Hell, though and I actually liked it.

spacer.png

1. Into the Wind

2. June 17th, 1994

3. The 16th Man

4. Once Brothers

5. Unguarded

6. Catching Hell

7. The Two Escobars

9. King's Ransom

10. Without Bias

Catching Hell was the best documentary about Bill Buckner's gaffe in the '86 World Series I've ever seen.

I haven't seen all the films in the series, but The Two Escobars was absolutely superb. I'd put June 17, 1994, Muhammad and Larry, and The Band That Wouldn't Die right up there with it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Band That Wouldn't Die was a film that touched me very deeply. Especially since my dad is a season ticket holder of the Ravens. I can remember the atmosphere in Baltimore when they got football back and how much people really missed it (I was about 8). To find out how the Colts were ripped out of Baltimore like that was awful. And a lot of those guys in the marching band that were filmed in the documentary are still with the band to this day. Honorable mention: I'm excited to see the Ravens take on the Colts tomorrow.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

No fans of "Pony Excess"?

Right here. I thought it was great. So were the ones about Marcus Dupree and "The U." My favorite is probably Who Killed The USFL? I haven't had a chance to see The Two Escobars or June 17, 1994. I usually get Best Buy gift cards for Christmas so I'll probably use them to buy the boxed sets.

BB52Big.jpg

"Guro of Go" was probably my favorite, I just loved it. Marinovich was solid, but just played out like any other documentary (which is neither good or bad), just another solid movie from ESPN Films

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived