B1G Football Redesign

mcrosby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, having some creative hitches with Illinois, Minnesota, and Northwestern so here is the first Rivalry set. Michigan State and Penn State.

The Land Grant Rivalry: To begin with Penn State I wanted to make things as simple as possible, so the only color on the jerseys can be found in the numbers and the B1G logo. The helmet is very Boise, but I believe it is still simple. I was going to go with a plain white helmet/blue stripe but it didn't feel creative enough. In reality this would probably have that uber-simple helmet. But this is the concepts forum.

For Michigan State I added a darker green and re-introduced the bronze. I originally had only the two greens but the numbers didn't pop enough. I feel like these pop well enough (ie Oregon carbon on black with neon outline). The helmet is a favorite of mine. The oversized helmet looks pretty great in my opinion, especially sublimated in a green on green style.

PennStateRivalry.pngMichiganStateRivalry.png

I would put an outline around the shoulders of the Michigan State concept. It would look like actual spartan shoulder armor. If you did that, it would be brilliant.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Alright, having some creative hitches with Illinois, Minnesota, and Northwestern so here is the first Rivalry set. Michigan State and Penn State.

The Land Grant Rivalry: To begin with Penn State I wanted to make things as simple as possible, so the only color on the jerseys can be found in the numbers and the B1G logo. The helmet is very Boise, but I believe it is still simple. I was going to go with a plain white helmet/blue stripe but it didn't feel creative enough. In reality this would probably have that uber-simple helmet. But this is the concepts forum.

For Michigan State I added a darker green and re-introduced the bronze. I originally had only the two greens but the numbers didn't pop enough. I feel like these pop well enough (ie Oregon carbon on black with neon outline). The helmet is a favorite of mine. The oversized helmet looks pretty great in my opinion, especially sublimated in a green on green style.

The MSU numbers need to be bronze. Black on green cannot be seen. (Hey, that rhymes.) Cool helmet. The whole thing is Hawaii-esque.

Packers-2.png

And because it's the holiday season I'm going to post the next two right away. Iowa and Nebraska. The Cornfrontation.

Nebraska: Some of you may have already seen this concept, or something very similar, when I posted the Wisconsin/Nebraska solution concept. The Red is nice and bright, the numbers are a throwback, and the pants stripe actually matches the helmet stripe. Instead of putting a single stripe on the sleeve I decided to just use the cuffs to represent the single stripe instead.

NebraskaB1G.png

Iowa: The Hawkeyes used the IOWA script on the sleeves once upon a time, and currently use the ANF (America Needs Farms) on the helmet. I decided to use the old sleeve concept to make the ANF more prominent and to get away from the script on the chest that college football is so fond of. Plus, this was the best way to get away from the Pittsburgh Steelers look. Piping has never been my favorite, but for this Iowa concept I think it keeps it real simple. I also changed up the logo a bit. I've had a logo sitting around for a while and decided it looked quite a bit like the Hawkeyes logo with a bit of recoloring. Have at it.

IowaB1G.png

Well, I've already put my two cents in about Bucky vs. Husky, so ... I would point out that Nebraska's colors are scarlet and CREAM. That's one way (besides making UW the correct CARDINAL) to differentiate the two.

Packers-2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The MSU numbers need to be bronze. Black on green cannot be seen. (Hey, that rhymes.) Cool helmet. The whole thing is Hawaii-esque.

I'd also put a thin bronze outline on the helmet logos.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived