Hockey in Hartford

lightning25

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while and it has no real "destination". This would be a concept for the Hartford AHL team, however there are already enough "Admirals" teams in the AHL. This project started a LONG time ago - I'd say maybe six months ago - as the Baltimore Admirals, in navy and silver. The team idea moved to Hartford when I figured out I could slip an H into the anchor. In the first version, it was a football team wearing navy, gold, and powder blue, and has evolved somewhat back to its roots, as a hockey team, and the gold changed to a quasi-athletic gold color.

So without further ado, I present to you, the Hartford Admirals:

16jkf0i.png

The name comes from the same branch as the old Hartford Wolfpack name - because of the naval submarines built submarines built in CT. I think 'Admirals' is a great name that can be used for any area that has a conncection to the Navy, and it could really be used for any city in Connecticut. The logo is a bit simple, but I wasn't going for something really modern, but something more strong and effective with out being overly complicated. The jerseys are a work in progress and they should be up soon.

I have the same problem with this that I had with the Whalers' logo. If you're not already looking for it, the H doesn't really stand out. Then again, that may have been your intent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I have the same problem with this that I had with the Whalers' logo. If you're not already looking for it, the H doesn't really stand out. Then again, that may have been your intent.

It was my intent to do that, yes. My point was to make it an anchor with a hidden H more than an anchor and an H. I wanted to make it more of a logo that you have to look at for a while to get the full perspective of it.

That's what makes the Whalers logo (and this one) great. When you finally spot it you realize how clever it is, and how much thought went into the design.

It was my intent to do that, yes. My point was to make it an anchor with a hidden H more than an anchor and an H. I wanted to make it more of a logo that you have to look at for a while to get the full perspective of it.

Ok. Well, apart from that minor issue it's an excellent logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I had basically the same idea for a Hartford baseball team (but named Schooners instead of Admirals). I'm still fleshing out that idea though.

Onto the actual concept. The logo is really good, but the wordmark is very generic and lackluster. I think you could do a lot more with the wordmark, maybe a cursive font like the Wild's Minnesoate wordmark. And I'm not feeling the colors, I think a Tulane color scheme (hunter green/powder blue/silver) might look good.

Also, you could make the powder blue outline on the logo a little thicker, right now it kind of gets lost.

jNTsTyQ.png

Not to completely derail you, but what if you put an A around the anchor, with the top cross-piece forming the bar of the A? Then you'd have A-H, much like the Whalers W-H. I'd also like to see red, white, blue, silver like the Wolf Pack.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I've worked on a few other possible color schemes, taking TalktoChuck's suggestion about the Tulane scheme, plus I've added some others using various shades of green and blue, plus a few with silver.

bev4w1.png

I personally like 1, 4, 7, and 8, but I'd like a second opinion on this.

1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8 are the best IMO.

spacer.png

Archived