Backyard Football: NFL 2011-2012 edition

MDGP

A few days ago, I was in my basement when I came across an old copy of the original Backyard Football. For those of you who don't know what that is, Backyard Football was a football game produced by Humongous Entertainment designed specifically for kids. In this game, players could choose from fictional players, or 8 (and later more) professional players. The players at the time were Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Randall Cunningham, Barry Sanders, Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe, Dan Marino, and John Elway. Oh, and it had the greatest announcer ever, Chuck Downfield too (That's where ChuckDownfield got his username and avatar). To say the least, I loved this game, and I was ecstatic to toss it into my computer for some nostalgic value.

While I was playing, I decided to create Tom Brady for my team (I forgot to mention there was a create a player feature) and got to thinking, what would today's players look like in the cartoony style of the original games? So, I set out to create players from this season using the original game as a guide. I plan on doing a whole series with one player from every team, but wanted to get some feedback from you guys on how to improve them.

So here they are!

Original Players

and my three current players: Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, and Peyton Manning.

TomBrady2.pngTimTebow.pngPeytonManning.png

Let's get some C+C!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

A few days ago, I was in my basement when I came across an old copy of the original Backyard Football. For those of you who don't know what that is, Backyard Football was a football game produced by Humongous Entertainment designed specifically for kids. In this game, players could choose from fictional players, or 8 (and later more) professional players. The players at the time were Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Randall Cunningham, Barry Sanders, Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe, Dan Marino, and John Elway. Oh, and it had the greatest announcer ever, Chuck Downfield too (That's where ChuckDownfield got his username and avatar). To say the least, I loved this game, and I was ecstatic to toss it into my computer for some nostalgic value.

While I was playing, I decided to create Tom Brady for my team (I forgot to mention there was a create a player feature) and got to thinking, what would today's players look like in the cartoony style of the original games? So, I set out to create players from this season using the original game as a guide. I plan on doing a whole series with one player from every team, but wanted to get some feedback from you guys on how to improve them.

So here they are!

Original Players

and my three current players: Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, and Peyton Manning.

TomBrady2.pngTimTebow.pngPeytonManning.png

Let's get some C+C!

TEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Good Work On Your Concept now do the following

Dallas Cowboys: Tony Romo

New York Giants: Eli Manning

Washington Redskins: Laron Landry

And Yes If Backyard Football is reinstating the NFL and NFLPA License today while Project Runway is going to do a sequel for the XBOX 360 from Atari along with the new So You Think You Can Dance video game so both of these games could feature real models (from the past 10 seasons) for a new Project Runway Video Game and real dancers (from the past 9 seasons) for a SYTYCD Video Game., They will also appear on Backyard Football as Kids (or High School Teens) in a Cameo Appearance along with 500-1000 NFL Players of Today.

So Can you do your Backyard Kids Concept for the following

Project Runway (models only - Link to Photos to see what she looks like): Brandise Danesewich, Rose Cook, Chelsea Blackburn, Lisa Blades, Dre Davis

So You Think You Can Dance: Melanie Moore, Katee Shean, Clarice Ordaz, Ellenore Scott, Courtney Galiano

Thank You.

Thanks guys! I'm glad that at least some people found some value in this! I agree with most of you that Manning looks the best; his features just work perfectly for this type of animation.

and now to respond to this...

Good Work On Your Concept now do the following

Dallas Cowboys: Tony Romo

New York Giants: Eli Manning

Washington Redskins: Laron Landry

And Yes If Backyard Football is reinstating the NFL and NFLPA License today while Project Runway is going to do a sequel for the XBOX 360 from Atari along with the new So You Think You Can Dance video game so both of these games could feature real models (from the past 10 seasons) for a new Project Runway Video Game and real dancers (from the past 9 seasons) for a SYTYCD Video Game., They will also appear on Backyard Football as Kids (or High School Teens) in a Cameo Appearance along with 500-1000 NFL Players of Today.

So Can you do your Backyard Kids Concept for the following

Project Runway (models only - Link to Photos to see what she looks like): Brandise Danesewich, Rose Cook, Chelsea Blackburn, Lisa Blades, Dre Davis

So You Think You Can Dance: Melanie Moore, Katee Shean, Clarice Ordaz, Ellenore Scott, Courtney Galiano

Thank You.

First off... I'm not going to take requests until I've done a player from every team... Second, in regards to that other idea... Uh, what??? I really don't follow what you are talking about... and I am in no way going to do that...

For the rest of you, I'll have three more up in the next few days.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Alright, I said I'd have three, but I got distracted this week, so I only have Drew Brees finished.

DrewBrees.png

These are very good, I loved the original backyard football game! Steve Young was one of my favorite players just because of the game and he was already done with the NFL. I would love to see your take on someone like Julio Jones since he's got dreadlocks.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

These are very good, I loved the original backyard football game! Steve Young was one of my favorite players just because of the game and he was already done with the NFL. I would love to see your take on someone like Julio Jones since he's got dreadlocks.

Well, you aren't going to get Julio Jones... However, you will get to see at least five other players with dreadlocks, and a few others with long hair as well.

• 3 weeks later...

hold up guys, he's said he isn't going to be taking requests until he's done a player from every team, these things take time.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived