NFL Week 16

Dexter Morgan

The Cardinals are not modern done right. Their uni's suck. And, considering they were founded in 1898, they are a team that should always have been more traditional than modern.

The Ravens being modern, on the other hand, makes a lot more sense, and with a little tidying up, they could have a fantastic set.

I could agree with the above statement in bold but I will not because that should only hold if the team was in their original location.

spacer.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Browns fire Pat Shurmur they can go back to wearing their brown jerseys again and we can all stop talking about them on a weekly basis. I think we're all just bored of their road uniform

If I had my way the Browns would look like this

eric-metcalf-cleveland-browns-autographed-photograph-3367475.jpg

- lighter brown that actually looks brown instead of black.

- The thin pants stripe looks much classier and less garish than the large orange-brown-orange stripe (a striping scheme that makes no sense with the rest of their uniform). In that small size, the striping scheme isn't competing with the helmets or sleeves or socks so it can stand alone, and in that way, it can exist in the background. It doesn't attack your eye or stand out like a sore thumb like the current pants stripe does.

Plus, look at all the throwback uniforms and old school looks. Raiders, Chiefs, Packers throwback, Browns throwback, they all use a thin pants stripe. If the Browns are going to comitt to the throwback look then fully committ. The thick pants stripe sticks out in that regard as well.

-The white facemask completes the entire uniform.

- I prefer the sleeve numbers to the shoulder numbers. If that means compromising the sleeve stripes to make room, then I'm okay with that. I like a big open shoulder pad on the Browns, I can't explain why, but they look more like themselves and it looks more like a traditional old school football jersey with that space empty.

- striped socks make up for the hidden stripes on the sleeves

PvO6ZWJ.png

When the Browns fire Pat Shurmur they can go back to wearing their brown jerseys again and we can all stop talking about them on a weekly basis. I think we're all just bored of their road uniform

If I had my way the Browns would look like this

eric-metcalf-cleveland-browns-autographed-photograph-3367475.jpg

If I had my way, the Browns would look like this...

Brian_Sipe_best(1).JPGbrian-sipe-17.jpg

And on that note, I should have just said the Ravens looked horrible on Saturday and left it at that. Mentioning the Browns was a bad idea.

BB52Big.jpg

Regarding the actual shade of brown (hopefully all this Brownie discussion doesn't lead to an impending Clevejack), I kinda remember a while back CWx (well, PANTONE in those days) mentioning something along the lines of the Browns' shade being the color it was/is to make it easier to find the football in the ballcarrier's hand rather than possibly blending in with the background i.e. jersey color?

CWx? Care to jog my memory, if you're reading this?

(Oh--and count me in the orange pants camp. Orange at home, orange away. It just works.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Regarding the actual shade of brown (hopefully all this Brownie discussion doesn't lead to an impending Clevejack), I kinda remember a while back CWx (well, PANTONE in those days) mentioning something along the lines of the Browns' shade being the color it was/is to make it easier to find the football in the ballcarrier's hand rather than possibly blending in with the background i.e. jersey color?

CWx? Care to jog my memory, if you're reading this?

(Oh--and count me in the orange pants camp. Orange at home, orange away. It just works.)

Hmmm...that wasn't me, but I think it could be a correct statement regarding the Browns' Brown.

On another note I have a question. Why don't the Jets-Giants go color on color when they play? They share a stadium so there's no real home or road team, and the colors contrast enough to not be a problem. Put the NFL logo at midfield, paint one endzone Jets, the others Giants and viola. The same situation as Lakers-Clippers in the NBA

Talk to the league head honchos about that one.

(I personally would LOVE to see it...but I don't see ol' Jolly Roger signing off on that anytime soon.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can't believe no one called it:

CLEVE-JACKED! Really though, I love the neologisms we have on this forum. We need a glossary.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

CLEVE-JACKED! Really though, I love the neologisms we have on this forum. We need a glossary.

Do we have a neologism for looking for any excuse to use one of our neologisms? How about premature clevejackulation? B)

Anyway, it wasn't a "cleve-jack." It was a short and legitimate discussion about the Browns and their uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

Do we have a neologism for looking for any excuse to use one of our neologisms? How about premature clevejackulation? B)

Anyway, it wasn't a "cleve-jack." It was a short and legitimate discussion about the Browns and their uniforms.

Clevejackulation? Nice.

Maybe it was premature, but I do love the term. I didn't mean to sound critical. I just like the word, just like:

rams_throwback.jpg

RAMJACKED!!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Clevejackulation? Nice.

Maybe it was premature, but I do love the term. I didn't mean to sound critical. I just like the word, just like:

RAMJACKED!!

I know. I was just goofing on you. And yeah, Cleve-jacked and Ram-jacked are fun.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived