NFL Week 16

Dexter Morgan

Would love to see how that looks in purple socks.

I'd like to see how it looks with their striped socks they wore a few years ago.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best & Worst looking games of the week...so far. Not a lot to work with on either list this week.

1. Raiders - Chiefs: Doesn't get any better.

Raiders_Chiefs_Football_98806_game.jpgAPTOPIX_Raiders_Chiefs_Football_98948_game.jpg

2. Giants - Jets: The NY teams can't figure out how to win consistently but they always dress nice. That's gotta count for something, I guess.

Giants_Jets_Football_98934_game.jpgGiants_Jets_Football_99057_game.jpg

Worst looking games of the week.

1. Cardinals - Bengals: There should be some sort of law against these two uniforms being on the same field. Welcome to the 2012 Clown Suit Bowl.

Cardinals_Bengals_Football_98850_game.jpg

2. Browns - Ravens: How bad are those Ravens uniforms? So bad that, through no fault of their own, the Browns actually made a worst looking game list. Even those great Browns unis couldn't save this one.

Browns_Ravens_Football_98932_game.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Completely disagree Infared.

1. Love the Bengals orange. Hate some parts, like the white panels, etc. but a great uni.

2. Whats not to like about the Cardinals? It's modern done right.

3. With purple socks, that Ravens look would be a fine primary home uniform

To each his own!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Browns - Ravens: How bad are those Ravens uniforms? So bad that, through no fault of their own, the Browns actually made a worst looking game list. Even those great Browns unis couldn't save this one.

You might be the only person on the planet that think the Brownies have "great uniforms".

The Browns uniforms are as tired as their team is to watch. Plus its been even worse this year, since they got the "bright" idea to wear the same freakin' uniform combo for all 16 games. Whoever came up with that lame idea, needs to be fired.

Tradition is nice (with some teams). But the Browns are a team, with their suck-ass history (one of 3 or 4 teams to have never sniffed a Super Bowl appearance) that needs to get with the 21st century and s-can their entire look. You can make brown and orange look cool. Its time to do that. Way past time.

And BTW, the Ravans have nice uniforms. All of their looks work. Simple, bold and modern. And they win too.

The Cardinals are not modern done right. Their uni's suck. And, considering they were founded in 1898, they are a team that should always have been more traditional than modern.

The Ravens being modern, on the other hand, makes a lot more sense, and with a little tidying up, they could have a fantastic set.

spacer.png

The Cardinals' logo is modern done right. Their uniforms are over-panelled, over-piped trash.

And the Browns ALWAYS look sharp in all white. Just once dennis, I'd live to see you post as just a normal person and not as part of some sad schtick.

Super+Bowl+XLIII+AVxBmtRQyMil.jpg

To me, this picture represents why I love the Cardinals uniforms. The pants stripe matches up with the sleeves to almost create a wing pattern. The black piping runs consistent throughout the entire uniform, and actually has a purpose. On the pants, it outlines the stripe, and on the jersey, it runs up along the cut to the back, containing the white shape. Just like the Patriots have with their red piping under the arms, except without a purpose.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

To me none if that piping or panelling connects. Sure, it looks nice in a style guide, but in motion, on players, the elements get jumbled and it just looks like a mess. Piping and paneling can work, but the Cards just use them in all the wrong ways.

As for the wing effect, it's not a very convincing argument. Should the Broncos design socks to look like hooves? While visual nods to the mascot can work in a uniform they're by no means required, and when forced into an already jumbled mess they just come off looking bad.

Browns - Ravens: How bad are those Ravens uniforms? So bad that, through no fault of their own, the Browns actually made a worst looking game list. Even those great Browns unis couldn't save this one.

You might be the only person on the planet that think the Brownies have "great uniforms".

The Browns uniforms are as tired as their team is to watch. Plus its been even worse this year, since they got the "bright" idea to wear the same freakin' uniform combo for all 16 games. Whoever came up with that lame idea, needs to be fired.

Tradition is nice (with some teams). But the Browns are a team, with their suck-ass history (one of 3 or 4 teams to have never sniffed a Super Bowl appearance) that needs to get with the 21st century and s-can their entire look. You can make brown and orange look cool. Its time to do that. Way past time.

And BTW, the Ravans have nice uniforms. All of their looks work. Simple, bold and modern. And they win too.

Blah, blah, blah. Rinse. Repeat. Yawn. Whatever Dennis.

BB52Big.jpg

Blah, blah, blah. Rinse. Repeat. Yawn. Whatever Dennis. I disagree you with your opinion, so I will patronize you to discredit your beliefs.

FYP :D

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It's not that dennis likes modern uniforms. It's that he's incapable of expressing that opinion in a way that's not annoying, patronizing, insulting, and to be frank, tired.

He's admitted that his posts are nothing more then an "act." Which makes him all the more annoying. He's not even expressing his opinion, he's performing a schtick.

Blah, blah, blah. Rinse. Repeat. Yawn. Whatever Dennis. I disagree you with your opinion, so I will patronize you to discredit your beliefs.

FYP :D

No, I was pointing out that Dennis sounds like a broken record.

BB52Big.jpg

Completely disagree Infared.

1. Love the Bengals orange. Hate some parts, like the white panels, etc. but a great uni.

2. Whats not to like about the Cardinals? It's modern done right.

3. With purple socks, that Ravens look would be a fine primary home uniform

To each his own!

I agree with each of those statements. I don't think the Ravens could look any better and you all know that I love those Cardinals uniforms.

spacer.png

Archived