randyc's NHL

randyc

I figured I would start doing a few concepts again since I've been somewhat bored over winter break. A few concepts turned into an idea of tweaking, modifying, or changing each team in the NHL. I decided to do it conference by conference, post re-alignment. Since the conference's have yet to be named I decided to bring back the Smythe, Norris, Adams, and Patrick names. First up will be the Smythe Conference and I will post a new concept each day or so. Any who...here we go.

Smythe Conference

Anaheim Ducks - Home, Road, Third

Calgary Flames - Home, Road

Colorado Avalanche - Home, Road, Third

Edmonton Oilers - Home, Road

Los Angeles Kings - Home, Road

Phoenix Coyotes - Home, Road, Third

San Jose Sharks - Home, Road, Third

Vancouver Canucks - Home, Road

Norris Conference

Chicago Blackhawks - Home, Road

Columbus Blue Jackets - Home, Road, Third

Dallas Stars - Home, Road

Detroit Red Wings - Home, Road

Minnesota Wild - Home, Road, Third

Nashville Predators - Home, Road, Third

St. Louis Blues - Home, Road, Third

Winnipeg Jets - Home, Road

Adams Conference

Boston Bruins - Home, Road, Third

Buffalo Sabres - Home, Road

Florida Panthers - Home, Road

Montreal Canadiens - Home, Road, Third

Ottawa Senators - Home, Road

Tampa Bay Lightning - Home, Road

Toronto Maple Leafs - Home, Road, Third

Patrick Conference

Carolina Hurricanes - Home, Road, Third

New Jersey Devils - Home, Road, Third

New York Islanders - Home, Road

New York Rangers - Home, Road

Philadelphia Flyers - Home, Road, Third

Pittsburgh Penguins - Home, Road

Washington Capitals - Home, Road, Third

First team I'll post is the Ducks.

ANA-Home-2013.png

ANA-Road-2013.png

ANA-Third-2013.png

8prlQWA.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work so far. For Anaheim I'm not sold on the orange D logo. I think if you are going to go with that much orange on the striping design, a primarily gold D logo would balance out the colors better. Then if you were to reverse the colors on the home numbers they would much the road numbers better. But this is still solid work. The alternate is an excellent nod to the past.

The Flames set, while not exactly what I would do, is solid. Good job keeping everything consistent.

I look forward to seeing more teams!

For the ducks I personally don't like lots of orange, but other people seem to like them so I am probably in the minority. I do like the third jersey, it's a good mix of old and new.

The Calgary set is very nice, that's what they should wear in real life.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Usually I'm apprehensive about having that much orange on the Ducks' home and road uniforms, but it actually looks better than I expected. I can see why you went with an orange webfoot D, but I'm not completely sold.

Love the third jersey crest, and I like the idea of throwing back to that era, but that amount of gold on a jersey doesn't work well. It works best as an accent colour, or metallic like it is on their existing uniforms, but not as a full-on secondary colour. Maybe try seeing what a lighter shade looks like.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Next up are the Avs. For Colorado I got rid of their current jerseys because we all know they're terrible. So what I did was basically "edge-ify" there look they had when then first moved to Denver and won two cups. The blue alternate is based off of the Colorado Rockies blue uniforms.

COL-Home-2013.png

COL-Road-2013.png

COL-Third-2013.png

8prlQWA.png

We all know that both of these concepts are exactly what the oilers and avalanche should be wearing essentially--- but show us something we don't know! This is the concepts forum, I come here to see something new brought to the table.. new jersey designs, new logos, etc. Show us something we haven't seen before. Not the same old, color-in-between-the-EDGE-lines, concepts.

We all know that both of these concepts are exactly what the oilers and avalanche should be wearing essentially--- but show us something we don't know! This is the concepts forum, I come here to see something new brought to the table.. new jersey designs, new logos, etc. Show us something we haven't seen before. Not the same old, color-in-between-the-EDGE-lines, concepts.

Well for starters, I don't have the programs or even the skills to be designing new logos. Yes, this is a concept forum and this is my concept of how I would like the NHL to look. And yeah, some of these concepts might not be different from what teams have now or just bringing back a retro look, but this series is what I would like the teams to wear on the ice.

8prlQWA.png

Was that really necessary?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Uh oh, the concept forum police is here!

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Personally, I only think the Kings' crown works with purple in it, but it seems to work for me in the pencil logo. I like how you took the LA from the pencil logo and used it on the helmet.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived