Joe Paterno: Dead

Cujo

I would love to see one of you guys go into the military and jump the chain of command. That would be priceless when you find out what happens.

First of all, that's apples and oranges.

Second of all, yeah, all those soldiers who served under William Calley definitely should have kept quiet. That's the ticket!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Paterno Apologists,

What the :censored: is wrong with you people?

Signed,

Every Rational Person In The World

I don't agree with what Paterno did. It was a horrible thing that happened and will loom over Penn State for a very long time to come but, we should remember him as a great football coach not an accessory to a child molestation case.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

I don't disagree with what Paterno did. It was a horrible thing that happened and will loom over Penn State for a very long time to come but, we should remember him as a great football coach not an accessory to a child molestation case.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted here. Try telling one of the kids who was raped that Paterno, who could have stopped it, should be remembered for being a good football coach.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

I don't agree with what Paterno did. It was a horrible thing that happened and will loom over Penn State for a very long time to come but, we should remember him as a great football coach not an accessory to a child molestation case.

No, we really shouldn't. Cheating on your wife or your taxes? Yeah, we can probably look past that. Finding out Paterno had a heroin problem? I can let that slide. Finding out he and his football program were as guilty of cheating as the 80's SMU team was? No big deal, everyone does it to some degree. "Grandpa Joe" turned a blind eye to one of his coaches :censored:-ing little boys in the same showers that were used by his hallowed football team. If that weren't bad enough on it's own, he pretty much tacitly endorsed the disgusting behavior by letting it continue for another 9 years. Sorry, but a person just doesn't get a mulligan for something like that.

BB52Big.jpg

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

I don't disagree with what Paterno did. It was a horrible thing that happened and will loom over Penn State for a very long time to come but, we should remember him as a great football coach not an accessory to a child molestation case.

So, we should remember him as a great football coach and not a guy that covered up a huge child molestation case likely just to keep that job? Yeahh...

6fQjS3M.png

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

1. Clearly. I suppose I should respect the fact that you're willing to admit you don't have a problem with it. It makes me wonder if you have anything resembling a moral compass, but at least you're being honest.

2. No, we really shouldn't. Cheating on your wife or your taxes? Yeah, we can probably look past that. Finding out Paterno had a heroin problem? I can let that slide. Finding out he and his football program were as guilty of cheating as the 80's SMU team was? No big deal, everyone does it to some degree. "Grandpa Joe" turned a blind eye to one of his coaches :censored:-ing little boys in the same showers that were used by his hallowed football team. If that weren't bad enough on it's own, he pretty much tacitly endorsed the disgusting behavior by letting it continue for another 9 years. Sorry, but a person just doesn't get a mulligan for something like that.

What I meant was that I don't agree sorry I totally messed that up but, I do have a problem with rapists and molesters. I apologize for my grammar.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

No, we really shouldn't. Cheating on your wife or your taxes? Yeah, we can probably look past that. Finding out Paterno had a heroin problem? I can let that slide. Finding out he and his football program were as guilty of cheating as the 80's SMU team was? No big deal, everyone does it to some degree. "Grandpa Joe" turned a blind eye to one of his coaches :censored:-ing little boys in the same showers that were used by his hallowed football team. If that weren't bad enough on it's own, he pretty much tacitly endorsed the disgusting behavior by letting it continue for another 9 years. Sorry, but a person just doesn't get a mulligan for something like that.

What I meant was that I don't agree sorry I totally messed that up but, I do have a problem with rapists and molesters. I apologize for my grammar.

Fair enough. I edited my posts accordingly. The rest still applies however.

BB52Big.jpg

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted here. Try telling one of the kids who was raped that Paterno, who could have stopped it, should be remembered for being a good football coach.

Well I'm not trying to talk to the kids who were victims of that tragedy. I'm just trying to say that in about 15 when Sandusky is in prison and most likely dead, how are you going to remember him? The most winningest college football coach of all time (which could be past by then) or someone who covered up a scandal?

Well I'm not trying to talk to the kids who were victims of that tragedy. I'm just trying to say that in about 15 when Sandusky is in prison and most likely dead, how are you going to remember him? The most winningest college football coach of all time (which could be past by then) or someone who covered up a scandal?

Someone who covered up a scandal, thus destroying the winning tradition he had built up the previous 40 or so seasons.

No one is going to remember Boston's former Cardinal Bernard Law for any of his charitable work, they're going to remember him for covering up years and years of sexual abuse by those who worked for him.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So, we should remember him as a great football coach and not a guy that covered up a huge child molestation case likely just to keep that job? Yeahh...

Can't he be remembered for both?

Eventually (whether it's fair or not), Paterno will be remembered for coaching football for 46 years over a cover-up deal involving an assistant coach molesting kids....much like Kobe Bryant has pretty much shed his label of being a rapist at a Colorado hotel.

That would be possible if one of them wasn't covering up one of the most horrific crimes a person can commit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

Fair enough. I edited my posts accordingly. The rest still applies however.

Is it known that it continued for another 9 years? Not trying to be agrivating but I didn't know that. Also, the way you are saying this makes it sound like Paterno who was doing those things to the childeren. He tryed to pretend like it didn't happen which was not good at all, which got us here. I just don't think that he should be seen as such a horrible person when Sandusky is the one who committed the crimes. Though, Paterno deserved to get fired but I dont think that this should overshadow his football coaching career.

He knew who and what Sandusky was, and by not going to the police he allowed Sandusky to continue raping those kids. This went on for a decade until the story broke. He could have stopped it at any time but he chose not to. He could have saved those kids from having to go through one of the worst experiences a human being can go through but he chose not to in order to protect the image of his football team.

He deserves to be remembered as an accomplice to child rape. I'm sorry for all of you that sadly viewed him as a proxy grandpa, but that's more important then him simply being a good football coach.

Someone who covered up a scandal, thus destroying the winning tradition he had built up the previous 40 or so seasons.

No one is going to remember Boston's former Cardinal Bernard Law for any of his charitable work, they're going to remember him for covering up years and years of sexual abuse by those who worked for him.

But as HedleyLamar said Kobe isnt always tagged as rapsit but, he still did it. IMO people will remember what they want to and others will forget what they want to. As I, for one, will remember Paterno as a Great football coach and nothing less than that. What yall tag him as is your opinions and not mine.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

Well I'm not trying to talk to the kids who were victims of that tragedy.

Trying to pretend they don't exist won't bring back the warm fuzzies associated with the contrived image of "JoPa" you seem so desperate to hang on to.

I'm just trying to say that in about 15 when Sandusky is in prison and most likely dead, how are you going to remember him? The most winningest college football coach of all time (which could be past by then) or someone who covered up a scandal?

I'll remember him as a man who built up an impressive legacy as a good football coach who, as a result of that legacy, wielded tremendous power not only at Pennsylvania State University, but also in the community as a whole. I'll remember him as a man who could have used that power to put a child rapist behind bars but chose not to, thus allowing that rapist to continue victimizing children for a decade in the name of protecting the image of his football program.

Stuff like protecting children from sexual predators is more important then college football. I'm sorry you can't seem to figure that out.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

Well I'm not trying to talk to the kids who were victims of that tragedy.

Trying to pretend they don't exist won't bring back the warm fuzzies associated with the contrived image of "JoPa" you seem so desperate to hang on to.

I'm just trying to say that in about 15 when Sandusky is in prison and most likely dead, how are you going to remember him? The most winningest college football coach of all time (which could be past by then) or someone who covered up a scandal?

I'll remember him as a man who built up an impressive legacy as a good football coach who, as a result of that legacy, wielded tremendous power not only at Pennsylvania State University, but also in the community as a whole. I'll remember him as a man who could have used that power to put a child rapist behind bars but chose not to, thus allowing that rapist to continue victimizing children for a decade in the name of protecting the image of his football program.

Stuff like protecting children from sexual predators is more important then college football. I'm sorry you can't seem to figure that out.

I'm not trying to pretend they don't exist, I'm just saying my point doesn't pertain to them I'm trying to show the difference on how he should be remembered by.

That would be possible if one of them wasn't covering up one of the most horrific crimes a person can commit.

First off, let it be known that I'm not at all defending Paterno. However...

How much do you think Paterno was in a "right state of mind" the last 10 years? Since 2000, my lasting images of Paterno include:

-Pep rally speeches consisting of mumblings and ramblings, half of which were coherent.

-Getting hurt by players running out of bounds multiple times.

-Running off the field in the middle of a game because he was crapping his pants.

-Sleeping in the coaches box during games.

It's easy for us to be saying "Paterno should have done more." because we're not 75-year-old men (Well, Infrared's nearly there...) going senile. I just don't think Paterno was "all there" in the last few years.

Paterno deserves blame, but a cover-up of this magnitude isn't just the doing of one man...especially one who's physical and mental health had been in decline for quite a while.

First off, let it be known that I'm not at all defending Paterno. However...

How much do you think Paterno was in a "right state of mind" the last 10 years? Since 2000, my lasting images of Paterno include:

-Pep rally speeches consisting of mumblings and ramblings, half of which were coherent.

-Getting hurt by players running out of bounds multiple times.

-Running off the field in the middle of a game because he was crapping his pants.

-Sleeping in the coaches box during games.

It's easy for us to be saying "Paterno should have done more." because we're not 75-year-old men (Well, Infrared's nearly there...) going senile. I just don't think Paterno was "all there" in the last few years.

Paterno deserves blame, but a cover-up of this magnitude isn't just the doing of one man...especially one who's physical and mental health had been in decline for quite a while.

True, this cover-up wasn't all Paterno. Everyone else who knew what Sandusky was doing and did nothing deserves just as much blame as Paterno is rightfully getting. The reason no one's posting about them is because you don't see indoctrinated idiots waxing poetically about how those other conspirators should be remembered for their careers instead of being accessories to child rape. Paterno's getting the lion's share of the criticism in part due to the insanity and stupidity coming from his defenders and apologists.

As for Paterno not being all there, well he's still to blame. Lets accept your hypothesis that Paterno didn't do more because he was senile. Had he retired in 2000 when he was starting to lose his mind then it's possible that the new Penn State football coach, who we can assume wouldn't have been a senile old man, would have had the mental where-with-all to do more when confronted with Sandusky's crimes. By selfishly hanging on as head coach past his best-by date Joe Paterno created a situation where the one guy who could have stopped Sandusky didn't have the mental where-with-all to do so. That is if we accept that he was so far gone by 2000 that he was incapable of calling the police to report a case of sexual abuse he knew about. Which I'm not sure he was.

It's easy for us to be saying "Paterno should have done more." because we're not 75-year-old men (Well, Infrared's nearly there...) going senile.

Thanks Hedley. I had a great comeback all ready to go...then I forgot what I was going to say. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived