Joe Paterno: Dead

Cujo

I'm seriously dumbfounded how some people just don't get it. Do you have any idea how many texts and e-mails I've basically ignored by friends from school in the "OMGJOEPARIPSOSADWELOVEYOU" camp? And then I'M the one who doesn't understand?

And I haven't bothered to read anything on his death, funeral, legacy, etc. I did hear that the Nike CEO or president or whatever was at the funeral. Why? Because PSU is a Nike School? There has to be more than that right? I mean, what he said is just idiotic, but please tell me that he was there from some sort of connection other than "PSU is a Nike School, Nike Loves You JoePa" advertisement at his memorial.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I haven't bothered to read anything on his death, funeral, legacy, etc. I did hear that the Nike CEO or president or whatever was at the funeral. Why? Because PSU is a Nike School? There has to be more than that right? I mean, what he said is just idiotic, but please tell me that he was there from some sort of connection other than "PSU is a Nike School, Nike Loves You JoePa" advertisement at his memorial.

He was there because he knows all about benefiting from covering up the exploitation of children

1zgyd8w.jpg

He was there because he knows all about benefiting from covering up the exploitation of children

Can I nominate this for Post of the Day?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How about the post of the week? ^_^ Well played ElwoodCuse.

I saw, I came, I left.

How about the post of the week? ^_^ Well played ElwoodCuse.

Third nomination right here.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I think I'm to the point where all my synapses are fried. I can't talk about it anymore. If you're still on the "pro-facilitating the anal rape of hundreds of children" side of the fence, I don't have anything left to say to you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think I have read anything over 16 pages of this thread and all 40 odd of the last one that was pro rape in anyway. Some people do seem confused about which former Penn State coach actually committed rape.

Which brings me onto my point, that in castigating Paterno so aggresively, I worry the message goes out to other paedophiles that 'it's not your fault'. That by aiming so much fire at Paterno people are offering an excuse to the sick minds of people who can commit these crimes, that their is bound to be someone who should be shopping you to the police, and if their not it's ok.

Paterno has crushed his legacy rightly as a coach by failing to step up, but let's not forget who actively sought out young boys and molested them.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Dear Paterno Apologists,

What the :censored: is wrong with you people?

Signed,

Every Rational Person In The World

I've thought of it as hero worship mixed with the inability to believe that people can do horrible things. So many people loved Paterno that they cannot fathom that he could be involved in anything so wrong.

Denial is a powerful drug, and when taken en mas, you get what we've all seen these past weeks.

Off-topic, but OJ Simpson was a great running back. That's how he should be remembered.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I just think that people should remember him coaching separately than someone who covered up a rape.

But the coaching doesn't really matter. Ruined lives do. We're talking about something worlds bigger than college sports here. And if you want to limit it to the coaching, consider that he coached for so many years because he was allowed to run his football program like an autonomous kingdom, which is what incubated the serial rape: move along, nothing to see here, no one's doing anything wrong, success with honor, I don't know nothin' 'bout no one. If you properly frame it as "he covered up serial rape so that he could coach," then who cares?

Which brings me onto my point, that in castigating Paterno so aggresively, I worry the message goes out to other paedophiles that 'it's not your fault'. That by aiming so much fire at Paterno people are offering an excuse to the sick minds of people who can commit these crimes, that their is bound to be someone who should be shopping you to the police, and if their not it's ok.

Categorically illogical and invalid, par for your course, even includes 1st-grade-reading-level they're/there/their confusion.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And I haven't bothered to read anything on his death, funeral, legacy, etc.

Then why are you posting?

I did hear that the Nike CEO or president or whatever was at the funeral. Why? Because PSU is a Nike School? There has to be more than that right? I mean, what he said is just idiotic, but please tell me that he was there from some sort of connection other than "PSU is a Nike School, Nike Loves You JoePa" advertisement at his memorial.

Here you go. Watch, listen, and learn.

It's one thing for Phil Knight to attend the funeral, I get that... but have him to make a speech? Who came up with that?

Probably Phil Knight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I am not Pro rape, I am not at all in favor of that. I just think that people should remember him coaching separately than someone who covered up a rape.

Umm, he never covered anything up. Now, if you want to talk about McQueary not doing anything (you know, the guy who actually SAW Sandusky in the shower with a kid) fine. If you want to talk about the Athletic Director Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, senior vice president for finance and business, who oversaw the Penn State police department and their inactions after Paterno TOLD them what McQueary told him...fine with that as well. Just remember that Joe put the situation into the hands of people who could actually do something and it is THEY who let down PSU and the community of State College and the victims.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

I've thought of it as hero worship mixed with the inability to believe that people can do horrible things. So many people loved Paterno that they cannot fathom that he could be involved in anything so wrong.

Denial is a powerful drug, and when taken en mas, you get what we've all seen these past weeks.

Yeah, denial can be powerful. Just look at all the people who called Joe an 'enabler', yet the FACTS show that Joe actually did the right thing and contacted people who could actually do something. Yep, denial can make people blind.

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

Yeah, denial can be powerful. Just look at all the people who called Joe an 'enabler', yet the FACTS show that Joe actually did the right thing and contacted people who could actually do something. Yep, denial can make people blind.

tumblr_lm0xxbjOwd1qkyccvo1_500.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I just think that people should remember him coaching separately than someone who covered up a rape.

But the coaching doesn't really matter. Ruined lives do. We're talking about something worlds bigger than college sports here. And if you want to limit it to the coaching, consider that he coached for so many years because he was allowed to run his football program like an autonomous kingdom, which is what incubated the serial rape: move along, nothing to see here, no one's doing anything wrong, success with honor, I don't know nothin' 'bout no one. If you properly frame it as "he covered up serial rape so that he could coach," then who cares?

Categorically illogical and invalid, par for your course, even includes 1st-grade-reading-level they're/there/their confusion.

Translation- can't think of anything else to say so I'll criticise the grammar!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Dear Paterno Apologists,

Signed,

500full.jpg

spacer.png

Archived