Joe Paterno: Dead

Cujo

Sometimes it's not what we say that ruins our reputation, it's what we don't say.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you can keep the blinders on if you want to but the fact of the matter is that he had a child rapist hanging out in football facilities WITH children and did nothing. The buck stopped with him, so if he really wanted the child rapist out of there it would have happened. There are a million other things he could have done but he opted to try and save his own ass. That doesn't sound like the honorable man I heard about before. No he didn't actually commit the acts. But he allowed it to continue and that is just as bad. Some of you need to wake up.

Some of you can keep the blinders on if you want to but the fact of the matter is that he had a child rapist hanging out in football facilities WITH children and did nothing. The buck stopped with him, so if he really wanted the child rapist out of there it would have happened. There are a million other things he could have done but he opted to try and save his own ass. That doesn't sound like the honorable man I heard about before. No he didn't actually commit the acts. But he allowed it to continue and that is just as bad. Some of you need to wake up.

This.

And I'm also hearing reports that Joe Paterno will be buried looking the other way. Can anybody confirm this?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Today I am sad that Joe Paterno is gone. His actions inspired me to become the best type of man that I can possibly be, he loved his family and he poured his heart into Penn State. He was a soldier, scholar, mentor, coach, friend and father. Just watching him throughout the years reminded me of my late-great grandfather, they were men that could be a shining example of how to live a good, decent and honest life, a standard to which I have tried to aspire. Today, the world lost the best coach that sports will ever see, but Heaven gained a wonderful man! Rest In Peace Joe Pa!...We Are..Penn State!!!

spacer.png

No one could come close to his passion for the game. R.I.P. JoePa.

But Sandusky's passion for little boys is a close second.

Really, you had to go there on such a sad day!

They are just countering all the apologist bull :censored: you're spewing

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Today I am sad that Joe Paterno is gone. His actions inspired me to become the best type of man that I can possibly be, he loved his family and he poured his heart into Penn State. He was a soldier, scholar, mentor, coach, friend and father. Just watching him throughout the years reminded me of my late-great grandfather, they were men that could be a shining example of how to live a good, decent and honest life, a standard to which I have tried to aspire. Today, the world lost the best coach that sports will ever see, but Heaven gained a wonderful man! Rest In Peace Joe Pa!...We Are..Penn State!!!

It almost makes me sad that I'll never be this naive about anything ever again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

spacer.png

Getting my lounge chair and lemonade ready to watch crackers from Shippensburg claim that the board of directors killed him by firing him.

Didn't even have to drop in on Shippenburg, cool. Didn't want to anyway; too methy.

You guys, he had had lung cancer before he got fired, the family just didn't announce it. You don't just wake up with a terminal illness after your professional life unravels. Also, cancer doesn't screw around when you're 85. So knock this crap off about how he "died of a broken heart" or "lost his will to live" because he got fired.

All you lunchboxes in this thread talking about how he's a "great man" because Penn State won a lot of football games with mostly well-behaved black guys: go meet the parents of the children who were anally raped down the hall from Joe Paterno's office, and tell them what a great man he was. As if great men just clam up over this sort of thing. Whether he did so because he didn't want the authorities rooting around his program, or because he felt it wasn't his place to say anything because all he was was the most powerful man on campus, or just because he didn't like to talk about buttsex, he could've prevented dozens and dozens of ruined lives and he didn't.

"Success with Honor" is a big lie. There's no honor. Sitting on the knowledge that his friend was operating a child rape farm in his midst and not saying anything so as not to get in the way of winning football games is not success with honor. That's some serious next-level Oakland-Raiders-times-a-million amoral meritocracy. Call it what it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am not naive, people today like to remember the recent actions, but they forget about all the great things people have done over their life span. Joe Paterno and Lawrence Perkins (Grandfather) were the same to me because they both wanted others to shine. They gave their whole life to their work, family, and others. It is people like this that made this world a better place, they both made mistakes because they were human, but they still sought perfection which is humanly impossible. Say what you want, make fun of me, I don't care, because in the end I will just love and hope I can become a better person like Joe Pa.

spacer.png

I am not naive, people today like to remember the recent actions, but they forget about all the great things people have done over their life span. Joe Paterno and Lawrence Perkins (Grandfather) were the same to me because they both wanted others to shine. They gave their whole life to their work, family, and others. It is people like this that made this world a better place, they both made mistakes because they were human, but they still sought perfection with is humanly impossible. Say what you want, make fun of me, I don't care, because in the end I will just love and hope I can become a better person like Joe Pa.

Somebody alert the police!

I am not naive, people today like to remember the recent actions, but they forget about all the great things people have done over their life span. Joe Paterno and Lawrence Perkins (Grandfather) were the same to me because they both wanted others to shine. They gave their whole life to their work, family, and others. It is people like this that made this world a better place, they both made mistakes because they were human, but they still sought perfection which is humanly impossible. Say what you want, make fun of me, I don't care, because in the end I will just love and hope I can become a better person like Joe Pa.

Well, if you don't protect pedophiles, you're already a better person than JoePa.

spacer.png

Well, if you don't protect pedophiles, you're already a better person than JoePa.

No, I don't protect pedophiles, I report them like I did in 2002!

spacer.png

Here is what some of his current and past players have said about him today:

Michael Robinson -A morning I will never 4get. Thoughts/Prayers go out to the Paterno family. Thank u Joe 4 helping me become a man

Michael Robinson -Beaver stadium=Joe Paterno Stadium from now on

Daryll Clark -The GREATEST... The Legend.. My Coach.. My friend.. You've meant so much to me and millions of others.. You will live on in my heart..

Bryant Johnson -My heart mourns for the Paterno family. Learned so much from him. More than just football. About life. I can speak volumes about him

Bryant Johnson -JoePaterno's contributions far exceeds anything involving sports

LaVar Arrington -Thanks Joe! Thank You! We are!

Jordan Norwood -At a loss for words... One of the most influential men in our nations history. By his passing PSU nations grows even stronger. Love you Joe

Derrick Williams -Deeply saddened about the loss of my coach & mentor, Joe Paterno.You have been a positive influence to so many young men on & off the field

Derrick Williams -The lessons I have learned from you will be passed on...my thoughts and prayers are with the Paterno family. I love you Coach

spacer.png

Archived