Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

Will there be Lime is everyone's question ?

Judging off of the new Nike gloves and shoes and considering the lime green is the proud color of the 12th Man, I'd say the lime green will be on the uniforms. But how much lime green is the question.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Seahawks.net board regarding the colors of the posted logo and shoes from Nike:

FYI. My sister in-law works for Nike, she told me they will be doing a press release showcasing the new jerseys, on the 24th (feb). They will be available for the public 1st of march. Also the color of the shoes and gloves aren't the actual new colors, although she says the new blue kicks ass.

So.....if those are not the offical new shoe colors or logo colors on the gloves, why was the "new" updated Carolina Panther logo featured in the group of gloves and shoes and not the Seahawks ???? Not sure I believe the above quote. It seems that it is always " I know someone who knows someone who saw " or someone won't post specific info but will talk vague about it.

I'm quite amazed how the new jerseys will go on sale March 1st, when Nike is contractually obligated to wait until April to sell NFL merchandise.

I don't believe 99% of that information.

I don't believe 100% of it. Also the Seahawks are going to navy and gray. There is no "new blue"

Yes.

Even living up here and hearing information from Seahawks employees and on the radio, I still reserve a lot of judgement until I actually see something. I just really hope the "sleevehawk" returns on the primary uniforms or on the proposed throwback. That sleeve design was just so original. I miss it.

I second this.

I did this photoshop concept like 6 years ago...

seahawks-concept.jpg

...sounds like they're finally taking my advice!

That is beautiful. Add a couple of stripes to the socks and it will be perfect. Wrapping the logo on the sleeve would be nice too.

From the Seahawks.net board regarding the colors of the posted logo and shoes from Nike:

FYI. My sister in-law works for Nike, she told me they will be doing a press release showcasing the new jerseys, on the 24th (feb). They will be available for the public 1st of march. Also the color of the shoes and gloves aren't the actual new colors, although she says the new blue kicks ass.

So.....if those are not the offical new shoe colors or logo colors on the gloves, why was the "new" updated Carolina Panther logo featured in the group of gloves and shoes and not the Seahawks ???? Not sure I believe the above quote. It seems that it is always " I know someone who knows someone who saw " or someone won't post specific info but will talk vague about it.

I'm quite amazed how the new jerseys will go on sale March 1st, when Nike is contractually obligated to wait until April to sell NFL merchandise.

I don't believe 100% of it. Also the Seahawks are going to navy and gray. There is no "new blue"

Yes

I hope they put the lime on the new helmet and I'll drink them both up. If they put the lime on the new helmet, I'll drink them both up.

I hope they put the lime on the new helmet and then I'll feel better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I did this photoshop concept like 6 years ago...

seahawks-concept.jpg

...sounds like they're finally taking my advice!

That is beautiful. Add a couple of stripes to the socks and it will be perfect. Wrapping the logo on the sleeve would be nice too.

I'd love to see this look with a navy/lime/navy center stripe on the helmet like on the pants, and a solid white road jersey. Their two-color jersey has never worked for me. The Pacific Blue was a great idea on paper but I think a traditional Navy like this would work a lot better.

i guess i'm in the minority here, but I love the Seahawks current uniform set, even in monochrome. I love the current unique jersey color, and I'm disappointed that it might be changing to a generic navy. And i cannot say I welcome silver into the mix. I really doubt it'll fit in well with the navy and lime green. I've seen all the concepts, some have been very nicely done, but none of them, in my opinion, stack up to the current set the Seahawks currently use.

And i guess theres a sentimental attachment to the current jerseys/uniform as well. Its attached to the most successful stretch in the franchise's history.

I really fear the upcoming changes.

we have such a unique set, why change into something with a wacky design and standard colors?

Is anyone else with me??

Is anyone else with me??

Yes and no.

1) Somewhat YES to the picture below. When worn with opposite pants, the uniform looks good. The bad part of this uniform is the demin blue just isn't right for the helmet and the team took their beautiful and classic "sleevehawk" design and turned it into a "microhawk" that is barely noticeable. Why on Earth would they change the greatest feature on the previous uniform.

newuniforms.jpg

2) NO!!! I love monochrome when it looks nice (i.e. the Texans), but the all-denim blue is flat out ugly. I'd love to see a navy monochrome version though. But this all-denim blue just looks too much like a Canadian tuxedo.

seahawks-uniforms.jpg

ae26a407470e80616094ad02c622.jpeg

newuniforms.jpg

The color in the illustration looks fine. The biggest problem aside from them going monochrome is that Reebok used an awful fabric which turned very dark at the first hint of moisture (which added the delightful effect of the players looking like they pissed themselves). Not only was the lighter blue too dark, but the navy was too light on the jersey sleeves. Once the players started sweating, you couldn't even tell the sleeves were supposed to be a different color.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Is anyone else with me??

Yes and no.

1) Somewhat YES to the picture below. When worn with opposite pants, the uniform looks good. The bad part of this uniform is the demin blue just isn't right for the helmet and the team took their beautiful and classic "sleevehawk" design and turned it into a "microhawk" that is barely noticeable. Why on Earth would they change the greatest feature on the previous uniform.

newuniforms.jpg

2) NO!!! I love monochrome when it looks nice (i.e. the Texans), but the all-denim blue is flat out ugly. I'd love to see a navy monochrome version though. But this all-denim blue just looks too much like a Canadian tuxedo.

seahawks-uniforms.jpg

ae26a407470e80616094ad02c622.jpeg

And let's not forget these classics:

anteater.jpg

50495_18078509793_3543_n.jpg

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I guess I really am in the minority here. I feel like the jersey color is perfect. Even better in monochrome. It's an awesome shade of blue and far from 'denim' as it's being described. The helmet and jersey look so nice in 'Seattle lighting' (dark overcast). It's a brilliant set in my eyes. If it were up to me, all I would change is that I'd bring back the sleevehawk. Then it's perfect. Quite disappointed at all of this. Oh well...

The helmet and jersey look so nice in 'Seattle lighting' (dark overcast).

I take it you're not from this area. Yes, we get our share of clouds, but it is far from being "dark". Seattle is beautiful. The denim blue isn't horrible, but the Seahawk logo fails to pop when that blue is used on the helmet and the denim/canadian tuxedo monochrome look is a nightmare. I'm glad Nike is helping us out.

If the Seahawks' helmet is indeed silver, I think they should have switched the lighter blue part of the logo for the lime color. It will help the logo stand out more than it would with silver in that spot, as the Nike gloves shows.

Also, looking at the Seahawks picture above, the uniforms should have been the color of the blue on the helmet decal. Notice how it is lighter than the helmets and dreary jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If the Seahawks' helmet is indeed silver, I think they should have switched the lighter blue part of the logo for the lime color. It will help the logo stand out more than it would with silver in that spot, as the Nike gloves shows.

Also, looking at the Seahawks picture above, the uniforms should have been the color of the blue on the helmet decal. Notice how it is lighter than the helmets and dreary jerseys.

As much as I love our classic silver helmet, I would love to see it switched to the dark navy. That would make the supposed silver bottom and lime green eyes look really good with such a dark background.

The helmet and jersey look so nice in 'Seattle lighting' (dark overcast).

I take it you're not from this area. Yes, we get our share of clouds, but it is far from being "dark". Seattle is beautiful. The denim blue isn't horrible, but the Seahawk logo fails to pop when that blue is used on the helmet and the denim/canadian tuxedo monochrome look is a nightmare. I'm glad Nike is helping us out.

born and raised in Kitsap County. :)

in the fall and winter, the skies can get pretty dark. don't get me wrong, our summers are amazing. and we have some great fall days every now and then.

born and raised in Kitsap County. :)

in the fall and winter, the skies can get pretty dark. don't get me wrong, our summers are amazing. and we have some great fall days every now and then.

Funny, I'm watching 'Walking Tall' right now lol.

I do hope they do something with the Pacific blue, because it just never equated to textile very good, and mixed with the same colored pants is just plain dreary.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived