Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

I hope they don't go with a navy helmet like the Texans or Bears. That's too unoriginal. If they do not go with a silver helmet, I hope they go with a midnight blue color. Darker than the 'denim' color but lighter than navy.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there be Lime is everyone's question ?

Judging off of the new Nike gloves and shoes and considering the lime green is the proud color of the 12th Man, I'd say the lime green will be on the uniforms. But how much lime green is the question.

I think gloves and shoes are a perfect way to showcase the lime green. As for in the uniform, love how it's used now, just a touch.

born and raised in Kitsap County. :)

in the fall and winter, the skies can get pretty dark. don't get me wrong, our summers are amazing. and we have some great fall days every now and then.

Well now. I'm a King County gal, but at least you are a local. I respect you liking our denim blue, but it got old pretty quick. Plus, almost all of us are green fans anyways. You have to admit that our green looks beautiful against the navy blue and would look even better with even more navy on our uniforms.

In all the years they've had this set I've never heard their color referred to as "denim" until this thread. I don't think it looks even close to what would traditionally be considered "denim." I really don't see why anyone would call it that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In all the years they've had this set I've never heard their color referred to as "denim" until this thread. I don't think it looks even close to what would traditionally be considered "denim." I really don't see why anyone would call it that.

A current player on our roster is a regular here (The Pike Brewing Co.) and always calls it that. After awhile, it just stuck with a few of us. From there it became an inside joke as another regular is almost always wearing the jean jacket/jeans combo. There you go, hun.

in the fall and winter, the skies can get pretty dark. don't get me wrong, our summers are amazing. and we have some great fall days every now and then.

Well now. I'm a King County gal, but at least you are a local. I respect you liking our denim blue, but it got old pretty quick. Plus, almost all of us are green fans anyways. You have to admit that our green looks beautiful against the navy blue and would look even better with even more navy on our uniforms.

Eastsiders....we don't like your type :)

anyways, I love the lime green, I bought myself a lime green Hasselbeck Hawks jersey about a year ago.

The helmet and jersey look so nice in 'Seattle lighting' (dark overcast).

I take it you're not from this area. Yes, we get our share of clouds, but it is far from being "dark". Seattle is beautiful. The denim blue isn't horrible, but the Seahawk logo fails to pop when that blue is used on the helmet and the denim/canadian tuxedo monochrome look is a nightmare. I'm glad Nike is helping us out.

I've been to Seattle in all seasons and it's a beautiful place that's fun to visit. But that cost of living...it shocks the monkey and everyone else too. :D

88657.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I take it you're not from this area. Yes, we get our share of clouds, but it is far from being "dark". Seattle is beautiful. The denim blue isn't horrible, but the Seahawk logo fails to pop when that blue is used on the helmet and the denim/canadian tuxedo monochrome look is a nightmare. I'm glad Nike is helping us out.

I've been to Seattle in all seasons and it's a beautiful place that's fun to visit. But that cost of living...it shocks the monkey and everyone else too. :D

88657.jpg

You'd actually be surprised how affordable, relatively speaking, Seattle is to live. Downtown apartment rents may be a little steep (although not as steep as those in, say, New York, Los Angeles or Washington, DC), but if you also work downtown, you can ditch the car -- you wouldn't need one.

88657.jpg

You'd actually be surprised how affordable, relatively speaking, Seattle is to live. Downtown apartment rents may be a little steep (although not as steep as those in, say, New York, Los Angeles or Washington, DC), but if you also work downtown, you can ditch the car -- you wouldn't need one.

yeah coming from those metros and sf, seattle and chicago are dirt cheap in comparison.

88657.jpg

yeah coming from those metros and sf, seattle and chicago are dirt cheap in comparison.

I find Seattle to be very affordable. Just depends on how and where you live. But that's for anywhere.

Kam Chancellor sent out these tweet today,

"I just got some great news from the Seahawks..... You 12's will love this if it goes thru ..."

"It has to do with The Uni's... I won't tell yet though"

Sounds like there is a possibility nothing will happen. If it does go through, at least Kam Chancellor is happy about it, which is somewhat encouraging.

88657.jpg

I find Seattle to be very affordable. Just depends on how and where you live. But that's for anywhere.

I based my post on our research when we considered moving to Seattle around 2006. Those who live in that region are used to the cost of living. Compared to many (maybe most) other places in the U.S., it's ridiculously high there. We couldn't touch the same size and quality home we bought, on our size lot (over an acre, wooded), in Seattle, San Francisco, or anywhere else west of the Rockies we'd have been interested in living. The Denver area would have been a stretch ($100,000-$200,000 more than we paid).

I was at American when they bought AirCal in 1987 and knew of several people who sold their homes in California, moved to Texas, bought much bigger and better homes in cash and were trying to figure out what to do tax-wise with the "change." So yeah, it's a little more expensive out west. :D

If anyone wants to argue how much better the quality of life is, sure, in places it sure is. But not that much.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived