Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

My question is, why do they feel the need to change anyway ? If these current uniforms are so popular with everyone, why change. They went from 1976 to 2001 without much change. I don't recall anyone really compalining about the original colors or logo until they saw the new ones in 2002. Now, I guess, these are not as popular as some would want you to think. Yes I am old school and love the original set. But I understand an update. Now here we go again. Was really hoping they would to try and please both fans bases with the new logo with the colors of the past......

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading over on a Seahawks board that they are rumored to unveil uniforms that have a "feather trim" and the helmets will be darker. Source is a reliable newspaper beat writer. OMG.....Is this the arena league now ? If you thought the all blue uniforms, not to mention, the navy pant, neon green jersey combo were awful, just imagine how these are going to look like ? Why can't they just have a simple, clean, professional image like before 2002.

EXACTLY! It seems as if the uglier the uniform the more these weirdos will love them! This isn't Arena Football and High School! When will the NFL put a stop to these weird uniforms??? The: Seahawks, Falcons, Vikings and the Cardinals NEED to change their uni's! The Ravens need to stop wearing those "sweet ballerina" stripeless pants! The Rams should get rid of their stripeless Gold pants! I almost forgot, the Bengals uniforms are one of the worst! They have a black jersey with a thick white line down the side and then the pants have the orange & black bengal tiger stripes!

lol, now that's a rant. The Hawks current uniforms really aren't that bad. I love our logo and colors, but the monochrome look doesn't bode well for us when they use that demin blue. If it was a monochrome dark navy with the matching helmet, I'd probably like it considering the dark navy does a great job of enhancing the lime green.

That is correct, the MONOCHROME uni's look horrible! Not, just for Seattle, but for every teams that does it! If the 'hawks wore white pants with blue jerseys they would look fine!

I'll have to disagree with the "every team" part. The Texans (both blue and red versions), Broncos (blue), and in the past, the Falcons and Jaguars (both black) all look/looked great in monochrome. To be honest, I think the Cheifs could actually pull off the monochrome red quite well. Monochrome isn't a bad thing when the colors work with the rest of the uniform or the uniform design.

Hey, we all have likes and dislikes! We will agree to disagree!

Has someone done a Photoshop of the Oregon uniform with the wings on the shoulders to look like Seattle?

I had a few extra minutes.

ore_sea.png

In those colors, that's actually........not a bad looking jersey. (Especially taking into consideration the helmet won't be black.)

Tweaked the helmet.

As a whole, it looks pretty solid. I think it would be a great call if the 'Hawks went with bold, lime green digits. It'd really pop!

6uXNWAo.png

1. My question is, why do they feel the need to change anyway ?

2. I don't recall anyone really compalining about the original colors or logo until they saw the new ones in 2002.

1. They want to sell more product and this is the easiest way to do so? Why not make some changes. Its been a decade with the exact same uniform. Change it up a bit. Its the progressive Pacific Northwest. Don't be so afraid of change.

2. The old uniforms sucked. They were way out-of-style by the year 2000. Hell, they were out-of-style by 1990. Their update was a clear upgrade in almost every area. And it also coincided with the best era of Seahawk football ever.

Some of you are so afraid of the big bad boogeyman Nikey, its almost scary. Get a grip folks. Nike is the #1 selling retailer for a reason. The move away from cheap-ass Reebok will be a boon to NFL merchandise sales. And uniforms will get better in the process, whether some of you 'traditionalists' can stand it or not.

so they're going to replace their unique "seahawks blue" with navy? if thats the case, its a terrible branding move

Navy has always been one of the seahawks colors. I'm not sure what you mean.

they're ditching the seahawk blue and their colors will be navy, green, and silver is what im assuming.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1. My question is, why do they feel the need to change anyway ?

2. I don't recall anyone really compalining about the original colors or logo until they saw the new ones in 2002.

1. They want to sell more product and this is the easiest way to do so? Why not make some changes. Its been a decade with the exact same uniform. Change it up a bit. Its the progressive Pacific Northwest. Don't be so afraid of change.

2. The old uniforms sucked. They were way out-of-style by the year 2000. Hell, they were out-of-style by 1990. Their update was a clear upgrade in almost every area. And it also coincided with the best era of Seahawk football ever.

Some of you are so afraid of the big bad boogeyman Nikey, its almost scary. Get a grip folks. Nike is the #1 selling retailer for a reason. The move away from cheap-ass Reebok will be a boon to NFL merchandise sales. And uniforms will get better in the process, whether some of you 'traditionalists' can stand it or not.

So I guess teams like the Packers, Bears, Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs, etc are also "out of date" too........

Has someone done a Photoshop of the Oregon uniform with the wings on the shoulders to look like Seattle?

I had a few extra minutes.

ore_sea.png

In those colors, that's actually........not a bad looking jersey. (Especially taking into

consideration the helmet won't be black.)

Tweaked the helmet.

As a whole, it looks pretty solid. I think it would be a great call if the 'Hawks went with bold,

lime green digits. It'd really pop!

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The dark pants are great, the blue helmet looks good, and I really would buy that jersey in a heartbeat. The green numbers are pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe it's just me being hopeful but don't the new Nike gloves seem to use silver instead of the Seahawk lighter blue? Could be the lighting?

seahawksilver.jpg

Nike photos are generally like ESPN the Magazine photos. Very dark, shadowy and muted in color. Noir athlétique if you will. To me, that's the same color, even though one looks like an old Cowboys helmet and the other looks like actual Pacific Blue. You can see how much warmer and more muted the green and navy are as well on the glove pic.

Totem pole motif for the win.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

We've had multiple sources "in the know" (legitimately) say the pacific blue is going away and being replaced by silver. I don't know if the silver is the color used in the gloves or not.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

We all heard rumors when the last Atlanta Falcons identity came out that said the unis had wings/feathers.

I'd say wait it out, it'll probably just be inspired by feathers/wings.

Yeah well all the no-nothings nailed it with the Bobcats translucent panels - oh wait....

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We've had multiple sources "in the know" (legitimately) say the pacific blue is going away and being replaced by silver. I don't know if the silver is the color used in the gloves or not.

Let's just call this "Pacific Silver" for now -- just like we're calling the Atlanta Falcons new color "I Can't Believe It's Not Silver!"

6uXNWAo.png

We all heard rumors when the last Atlanta Falcons identity came out that said the unis had wings/feathers.

really? I don't remember that. interesting.

as much as I love how the Oregon Ducks have pushed the envelope of football uniform design for some reason I still prefer more subtle design elements to the over the top ones. I really hope that these rumors about feather trim are false.

Let's just call this "Pacific Silver" for now -- just like we're calling the Atlanta Falcons new color "I Can't Believe It's Not Silver!"

Wouldn't it be "I Can't Believe It's Not Gold" since they refuse to believe that the color in question is silver?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

really? I don't remember that. interesting.

Yeah, the going rumour was "the Denver Broncos template WITH FEATHERS!"

Oh those were the days.

I really hope they bring back the bright green jerseys too.

I'm not being sarcastic either, I loved those unis.

From what I'm hearing, our 3rd uniform will be a Largent era throwback.

Oh, a throwback as a third jersey? How creative and new! :rolleyes:

2ly2w09.jpg

Wait, who decided they would steal Oregon's unique shoulder feather design that also shows up in the university style guide as an official mark?

By a feather design wouldn't it make more sense that it would be what Oregon wore in the Rose Bowl, which probably served as a test?

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-14.jpg

Archived