Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

Reading over on a Seahawks board that they are rumored to unveil uniforms that have a "feather trim" and the helmets will be darker. Source is a reliable newspaper beat writer. OMG.....Is this the arena league now ? If you thought the all blue uniforms, not to mention, the navy pant, neon green jersey combo were awful, just imagine how these are going to look like ? Why can't they just have a simple, clean, professional image like before 2002.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading over on a Seahawks board that they are rumored to unveil uniforms that have a "feather trim" and the helmets will be darker. Source is a reliable newspaper beat writer. OMG.....Is this the arena league now ? If you thought the all blue uniforms, not to mention, the navy pant, neon green jersey combo were awful, just imagine how these are going to look like ? Why can't they just have a simple, clean, professional image like before 2002.

Link to the other board's (informed?) speculation?

I just don't get how a nebulous concept is so scary here. Is it just because Nike is involved?

How many people gush over the native american headdress concepts on here that are covered in feathers?

Maybe Nike's new technology is to actually genetically engineer navy, silver, and lime green seahawks and use their feathers to create the next greatest uniform system.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

Edit: nevamind.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Arena League uniforms have been quite tame since about 2001. They quit wearing Zubaz in the early 90s. Weird thing the Utah Blaze were probably the first team in any football rank to have matte black helmets starting in 2006 (2007?)

I'd expect the NFL won't allow anything too gaudy. I'm really not worried about this.

College =/= NFL. The NFL isn't recruiting high school players.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is this any different than the Bengals putting tiger stripes on their helmets or the Rams putting horns on theirs?

Can you believe the Eagles have wings on their helmet? What are they, AFL2? :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is this any different than the Bengals putting tiger stripes on their helmets or the Rams putting horns on theirs?

Considering those looks have been around for decades, yes. Yes it is.

If the change is subtle, it might not be a bad thing. If Seattle ends up looking like Oregon, hold on to your butts.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

On a related note, the uniforms are inspired by birds that appeared on the ancient Mayan calendar stones, and once Nike unveils them, it is expected to usher in the end of the world as we know it and totalitarian rule by Phil Knight. Mass panic, and frenzied, girlish shrieking will ensue.

Fortunately for everyone here on the Sports Logos board, we are all used to such outbreaks of sudden, overwhelming hysteria, so we'll be able to remain calm and carry on.

Its on the Seahawks.net forum. If it is true, it will look damn cheezy........

Damn cheezies!

tumblr_llj5aamLI51qjt8cko1_500.jpg

From that picture, it looks like Arnie is big in every area except that one that the girl is interested in :P

Anyway, as to the uniform change, I hope they aren't copying Oregon. I personally with they would go more Northwest Native American style, but I know they won't for PC reasons. Let's just hope for the best.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived