2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa has the offensive talent to compete with anyone, and getting Hedman back is a boon for their defense. He's really rounding into a nice defenseman.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Corey Perry nets his 2nd hat trick against the Jackets this season, and there's still 27 minutes left in the game.
You mean it's possible for a single team to get three goals in a game, let alone one player? :therock:

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

While I don't think either of us are unbiased enough to argue this :D , it seems to me that most of Kronwall's hits have him leaving his hit during/after the impact of the hit, rather than prior to it.

Take, for example, the hit on Havlat. Someone was nice enough to draw it up.

kron.jpg

Granted, it's a shot to the head....Shanny'd be all over this. And contrary to the drawing, it probably is an interference (it was ruled one).

This is what most people probably saw...

kronwall-hit-pavlat-300x264.jpg

I'm not saying Kronwall never leaves his feet, but he seems to be legal most times...he just catches players with their heads down.

That pic from 2009 doesn't really help your case lol. The head was the principle point of contact, it may not have been a rule then but I guarantee you Shanahan wouldn't call it today. In the last two weeks there have been about 4 or 5 Kronwall hits where he either left his feet or the opponents head was the principle point of contact. He had one last Saturday where not only did he leave his feet but he also tagged the Oiler in the head.

One of the reasons I am confident that we won't see a Kronwall suspension (for leaving his feet or a head shot) is due to the Zetterberg boarding call against Columbus not even being addressed from earlier in January.

Kronwall left his feet, hit Kesler in the head Shanahan didn't even release a video saying why no further action was taken:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I wasn't disputing the head shots. He does that plenty, partially because he catches guys with their heads' down. That's not saying he's not headhunting...just if a guy has his head down, that's probably where he's going to get hit.

I was disputing the leaving his feet, however. The Kesler hit was illegal, but in the majority of Kronwall's hits, he's leaving his feet due to the impact, rather than before he makes contact. Basically, I'm saying he's not jumping INTO players, but rather the impact is causing him to leave his feet.

...and again, I don't think either of us are unbiased enough to argue this. :P

(20 in a row!)

I wasn't disputing the head shots. He does that plenty, partially because he catches guys with their heads' down. That's not saying he's not headhunting...just if a guy has his head down, that's probably where he's going to get hit.

I was disputing the leaving his feet, however. The Kesler hit was illegal, but in the majority of Kronwall's hits, he's leaving his feet due to the impact, rather than before he makes contact. Basically, I'm saying he's not jumping INTO players, but rather the impact is causing him to leave his feet.

...and again, I don't think either of us are unbiased enough to argue this. :P

(20 in a row!)

Quick response (not to be a dick honest)

Head shots are illegal (regardless if the opponents head is down or not), yet we've seen nothing for a suspension (or why he didn't get one)

Why didn't we hear a peep on the Kesler hit if he did indeed leave his feet and deliver a head shot?

20* (how many shootout or overtime wins did the Flyers have when the originally set the record?)

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Dan, on many of Kronwall's hits, when he moves in for the collision, he often turns his body so he hits the player with the back of his shoulder or even his back. It allows him to go into a hit in an almost a near upright position, if not waist first like a hip check. He, in effect, gives up control of the point of the collision's impact to the other skater. Unfortunately for them, they often have their head down in a bent over position, thus they crash head first into Kronwall's oncoming shoulder or back.

And I didn't hear any complaining from you when Dion Phaneuf hit the Jets' Bogosian in almost the exact same manner earlier this week. :P

The Leafs had 3 big opportunities to pretty much shut other teams out of the playoff race in recent days, but they've failed. Had they won against Montreal and Winnipeg, they'd be in a really comfortable position. Instead, they've let the Jets creep up closer and have allowed Washington to pass them (assuming they get at least 2 points in their 2 games in hand). What's worse, they were one point back of Ottawa with 3 games in hand and had the ability to take a 5 point lead, but now they're 2 points back with 2 games in hand. If this is the one time they don't make a late-season push, I'll be furious. People will keep ripping Burke for not making the playoffs, and those will be the same people who complained when he didn't plan a 7-year rebuild.

i would really be a heartbreaker if they missed the playoffs now... I'm pulling for you guys

Dan, on many of Kronwall's hits, when he moves in for the collision, he often turns his body so he hits the player with the back of his shoulder or even his back. It allows him to go into a hit in an almost a near upright position, if not waist first like a hip check. He, in effect, gives up control of the point of the collision's impact to the other skater. Unfortunately for them, they often have their head down in a bent over position, thus they crash head first into Kronwall's oncoming shoulder or back.

And I didn't hear any complaining from you when Dion Phaneuf hit the Jets' Bogosian in almost the exact same manner earlier this week. :P

Didn't see the Phaneuf hit. If he either left his feet, or hit Bogosian in the head, according to the rule supplemental discipline can result and Shanahan should tell us why Phaneud is being suspended or why he is not. Just because a Leaf did it does not change the rule, just as the rule shouldn't change when a Red Wing does it.

Are we not told often by Shanahan in his explanation videos that a player must be in control of his body at all times? Also, inhis explanation videos Shanahan often mentions that the player receiving the hit is in a "vulnerable position". When a player has their head down and can't see are they not in a vulnerable position when receiving the head shot regardless if Kronwall or Phaneuf is doing it?

Regardless if a player has his head down or not, hits where the head is the principle point of contact are illegal.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

The Caps are so frustrating to watch right now. Maddeningly inconsistent. If we make the playoffs itll be a miracle.

I agree! Playoff simulation probabilities be damned! I know this is an unlikely improbable scenario; but, instead of being fodder for the #1 Seed (New York?) or #2 Seed (Boston?), it would be best for the Caps to gain the #6 Seed and face the #3 Seed, the Florida Panthers.

The Caps are so frustrating to watch right now. Maddeningly inconsistent. If we make the playoffs itll be a miracle.

Agreed. This year's Caps team is is probably one of the biggest examples I have seen in my 25 seasons of NHL fan-hood of a team grossly not playing up to its potential. Also, what the hell is wron with Ovechkin?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Agreed. This year's Caps team is is probably one of the biggest examples I have seen in my 25 seasons of NHL fan-hood of a team grossly not playing up to its potential. Also, what the hell is wron with Ovechkin?

He's half-assing at best. ^_^

Archived