2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaustad confirmed to Nash. They had a good day.

Blackhawks, barring some last-second deal announcement, are content in having 2 of the worst centers in the NHL play out the rest of the year.

At least your 6th in faceoff percentage. ^_^

Flames have been dead last for what seems like 3 years now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Blackhawks, barring some last-second deal announcement, are content in having 2 of the worst centers in the NHL play out the rest of the year.

I forgot to thank you for Brendan Morrison, lol.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

See. He's not great, but he's also not terrible. I don't even know how Connelly is doing.

And this. I guess Howson turned down a substantial offer from the Rangers for Nash, this coming from Darren Dreger.

The Hawks grossly overpaid for Oduya, unless they plan to lock him up long-term, and I'm not sure why/how they would do that with everyone but Hjalmarsson being here to stay and Oduya's skillset being no replacement for Hjalmarsson's.

For the Jets, good for them that they got another 2nd, but it's next year, and they could probably use one this year, because I'm guessing they must have the second-worst farm system in the league (Sharks are the worst).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ralston and Mottau to Boston for two nobodies.

Eh.

Woohoo. One of my least favorite Bruins has returned. Something tells me this is more about filling the void Recchi's retirement left than about actual improvement. It's an okay deal only because they gave up a bag of Doritos for him.

Bruins also got Greg Zanon from Minnesota for Steven Kampfer.

Nice.

Good move, this guys style of play fits right in with the B's.

Thanks for the memories, John Scott. Off to NYR for a 5th rounder.

See. He's not great, but he's also not terrible. I don't even know how Connelly is doing.

No, he's terrible. He is :censored:ing terrible.

The fact that Calgary got a human being who actually plays hockey back means they win the trade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ralston and Mottau to Boston for two nobodies.

Eh.

Woohoo. One of my least favorite Bruins has returned. Something tells me this is more about filling the void Recchi's retirement left than about actual improvement. It's an okay deal only because they gave up a bag of Doritos for him.

Mottau's also just coming off of a concussion.

So it'd be a pretty crappy deal had they not given up two never-will-bes for him.

spacer.png

Thanks for the memories, John Scott. Off to NYR for a 5th rounder.

No, he's terrible. He is :censored:ing terrible.

The fact that Calgary got a human being who actually plays hockey back means they win the trade.

Haven't seen him play in Chicago really, so I'll take your word for it.

I doubt Connelly will even crack the lineup here barring any more injuries.

Brendan Morrison is slow, looks lost, and generally appears to have nothing in the tank. So we basically have two Andrew Brunettes. He sucks. They both suck.

Getting rid of John Scott is a good way to Q-proof the roster. Sad that it's had to come to that, though, but I remember he had the same boner for Matt Walker in 2009. Oh well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Rick Nash will stick around Ohio for at least the rest of this season. And it will be awkward and he will be a zombie on the ice.

Fire Howson.

edit: Oh god, I'm reaching Tnak "fire Omar" levels with this GM.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Brendan Morrison is slow, looks lost, and generally appears to have nothing in the tank. So we basically have two Andrew Brunettes. He sucks. They both suck.

Getting rid of John Scott is a good way to Q-proof the roster. Sad that it's had to come to that, though, but I remember he had the same boner for Matt Walker in 2009. Oh well.

Agreed. Getting Scott 2 minutes of ice time on the abysmal 4th line (which now for some reason houses Hayes) was totally pointless. Morrison/Brunette are basically one in the same, as you said. Old, slow, lost washouts who would've been waived on any team with depth.

twitter

Rick Nash will stick around Ohio for at least the rest of this season. And it will be awkward and he will be a zombie on the ice.

Fire Howson.

edit: Oh god, I'm reaching Tnak "fire Omar" levels with this GM.

But it's warranted. The Blue Jackets totally suck. And that's me being nice.

Nashville actually gave Buffalo a first rounder for Paul Gaustad. Wow!

That + Weber & Suter BOTH staying put pretty much confirms that they're going all in for this upcoming playoff run. They did not deal a single player who is currently on their team, yet still made additions.

It's gonna be fun to see how Polie's deadline deals pay off.

Archived