2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I'd talk about the blackhawks game if there was anything to talk about.

What's up?

I think the Kings just scored again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the funniest part of the night was all the Blackhawk fans asking for Crawford's autograph after the game by the players' exit.

That or the girl with the Cubs' Sammy Sosa jersey, but with the first S moved next to the second S, and an H written in front of the O.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The funniest/saddest part of the night is anytime the hawks special teams take the ice. It's like watching Michael J. Fox thread a needle.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think the funniest part of the night was all the Blackhawk fans asking for Crawford's autograph after the game by the players' exit.

That or the girl with the Cubs' Sammy Sosa jersey, but with the first S moved next to the second S, and an H written in front of the O.

So, how does Bernier look tonight? Pretty damn good sitting on the bench. I'm sorry, if I have a world-class goaltender, you play him especially after bad performances. Bernier has only proved that he could be good, but 7 shutouts, which is tied for the league lead means you play him and let the other guy get splinters. Quick is one of the top 5 goaltenders and if he gets goals this team would be challenging for the best record and everyone would be on the Quick for Vezina bandwagon.

Bernier did look good on the bench. Eh, I still would have started him in Colorado, maybe not tonight. But I'm not behind an NHL bench wearing a suit, so whatever.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Bruins would allow Ottawa to score a minute ten into the game.

EDIT: And Bergeron just tied it up.

Spezza just locked up the Best Actor Oscar tomorrow night.

Actually I think Thomas will be taking that honour.

As for teams tanking to get the 6th seed, I don't know how comfortable I would be having to go to the MTS Centre for a game 7.

With the Pens inability to win a Game 7 at home if they fell, however it happens, to the 6th seed I wouldnt complain.

fyi since the lockout home teams are 12-12 in Game 7s and 1-2 in Cup Final Game 7s

And in franchise history the Pens have won a Game 7 at home only once, but have gone 5-0 on the road.

With the Pens inability to win a Game 7 at home if they fell, however it happens, to the 6th seed I wouldnt complain.

fyi since the lockout home teams are 12-12 in Game 7s and 1-2 in Cup Final Game 7s

That, and it's more likely to go to a Game 7 with an evenly matched opponent than it is to go to a Game 7 with an inferior opponent. I think any of the three Atlantic teams could squeeze a win or two at MTS Centre and manage to win the series in 5 or 6.

I will say that Philly will try to avoid that #6 seed if Winnipeg looks likely to win the division. They were 10 seconds away from being swept again by that usually-moribund franchise. But I think all of those teams would love playing Florida, where BankAtlantic Centre would be a de facto home ice rink for the Penn. teams.

spacer.png

He was ready in training camp. He out played both Elliot and Halak in the preseason. Was really hoping the Bolts would get him but lost hope when Yzerman began clearly posturing to get an established goalie.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Next year's Sens training camp is going to be very interesting. I'm glad they've given Lehner some competition. It seems like he's just assumed he's going to be the starter of the future and now that he has some competition he'll have to step his game up. This is definitely the happiest I have ever been with the goaltending situation in Ottawa. I'll admit after last season I wanted Murray canned with Clouston but I really like the direction he is taking with the team. Hiring MacLean, adding Turris and now Bishop have all made this team better, both in the short term and the long term. The other team in Ontario might want to start taking some notes.

I like that the Sens picked up Bishop. If he is ready (I think he is) then I think he can help the Sens to move up a seed or two. A smart move by the Sens.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

The funniest/saddest part of the night is anytime the hawks special teams take the ice. It's like watching Michael J. Fox thread a needle.

Really?

Oh, I'm sorry miss. Here, let me adjust my post:

"It's like watching really bad hockey."

There, now you can sleep easier at night.

twitter

I forget that the world is such a sensitive and touching place. When reading some posts, I hear "Arms of the Angels" playing in my ears. My bad, I'll be as gentle and nurturing as mother hen from now on.

So long as the Blackhawks don't completely transmogrify into a charred, souldead grotesque before long.

twitter

Not necessary to keep this around.

3 of a possible 18 points for the Leafs. We just lost to Washinton, and if we lose our upcoming game to Florida, we're not making it to the playoffs.

Apparently Burke offered Colborne, Frattin, a first, and Schenn for Nash. That's a top-4 d-man, 2 projected top-6 forwards, and a mid-first, which for all intents and purposes let's be safe and becomes a second-liner. So a projected second line and a top-4 d-man, all under the age of 22 to a rebuilding club...how do you turn that down?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There's a difference between being "sensetive" and calling you out for a comment mocking a guy over a serious illness he has no control over. Shall I mock you if, God forbid, you had Parkinson's? While we're at it, let's drop by some special needs kids and make fun of them as well. After that, we can poke fun at the dyslexic and those with amnesia. Fun fun fun!

You done? Are you feeling better now? If you'd like to continue this ('this' being you talking and me just sort of ignoring it) you can PM me. Otherwise there's no point in taking this thread any farther away from what it's meant for.

Sorry to any I gave offense for. I take the blame for this brief derailment.

twitter

Archived