2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

There's a difference between being "sensetive" and calling you out for a comment mocking a guy over a serious illness he has no control over. Shall I mock you if, God forbid, you had Parkinson's? While we're at it, let's drop by some special needs kids and make fun of them as well. After that, we can poke fun at the dyslexic and those with amnesia. Fun fun fun!

I want to forget all about this post, but I just can't shake it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a difference between being "sensetive" and calling you out for a comment mocking a guy over a serious illness he has no control over. Shall I mock you if, God forbid, you had Parkinson's? While we're at it, let's drop by some special needs kids and make fun of them as well. After that, we can poke fun at the dyslexic and those with amnesia. Fun fun fun!

You done? Are you feeling better now? If you'd like to continue this ('this' being you talking and me just sort of ignoring it) you can PM me. Otherwise there's no point in taking this thread any farther away from what it's meant for.

Sorry to any I gave offense for. I take the blame for this brief derailment.

we done trolling? good now talk hockey to me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You done? Are you feeling better now? If you'd like to continue this ('this' being you talking and me just sort of ignoring it) you can PM me. Otherwise there's no point in taking this thread any farther away from what it's meant for.

I wasn't...trolling?....*looks around, confused*

We're about an hour away from puckdrop to nationally televised Blackhawks/Ducks, or as I like to call it, "Hockey Feces Showcase." Ducks are the hotter team, Blackhawks should put on a dazzling display of ineptitude. I'm guessing 5-1 Anaheim the final.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You'll have to wait for the next Chicago meltdown. So about 5 minutes into the game.

Man I hope the Lightning can do something real about their goaltending this offseason. I know goaltending alone has cost at least the 6 points that currently separate the team from the playoffs and division lead. Gah, it's frustrating.

The defense also sucks, lets not forget that.

Mathieu Garon has actually been more than I could've ever expected, really.

The players don't suck, they're just playing 1-2 spots over where they should be on a depth chart at the moment. Better goaltending needs to be priorities one and two in the offseason.

The defense also sucks, lets not forget that.

Mathieu Garon has actually been more than I could've ever expected, really.

The players don't suck, they're just playing 1-2 spots over where they should be on a depth chart at the moment. Better goaltending needs to be priorities one and two in the offseason.

Something tells me that Yzerman's crop of high draft picks is going to go into a trade for a quality goaltender somewhere. I'd love to see Garon back next season, but as a back-up.

spacer.png

We're about an hour away from puckdrop to nationally televised Blackhawks/Ducks, or as I like to call it, "Hockey Feces Showcase." Ducks are the hotter team, Blackhawks should put on a dazzling display of ineptitude. I'm guessing 5-1 Anaheim the final.

Which would be odd considering the Blackhawks have generally been good against the Ducks this season.

Not that there's any reason it should seeing as Carlyle's long gone, but I'm seriously hoping it doesn't turn out to be anything like that infuriating Black Friday game.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Which would be odd considering the Blackhawks have generally been good against the Ducks this season.

Not that there's any reason it should seeing as Carlyle's long gone, but I'm seriously hoping it doesn't turn out to be anything like that infuriating Black Friday game.

I don't think you'll have much of a problem tonight. These teams are mirror opposites of where they were when they met earlier this season. The blackhawks are in their death throes and Emery's chump ass is starting in goal. No Toews, no hammer. Morrison will probably play trash minutes on the 4th line in place of the legendary John Scott. It's going to be a laugher.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Greiss just robbed Heatley, definitely one of the better saves of the year.

Of course the Sharks just piss away a goal lead it's tied 2-2.

WTF is going on now, Todd Mclellan is gonna need a strecher.

Update: He walked off on his own feet fortunately, but he is out of the game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I forget that the world is such a sensitive and touching place. When reading some posts, I hear "Arms of the Angels" playing in my ears. My bad, I'll be as gentle and nurturing as mother hen from now on.

Let me tell 'ya, man. You're a real riot. :rolleyes:

Sorry some folks don't think making fun of people with Parkinson's disease is perfectly okay.

oBIgzrL.png

I forget that the world is such a sensitive and touching place. When reading some posts, I hear "Arms of the Angels" playing in my ears. My bad, I'll be as gentle and nurturing as mother hen from now on.

Let me tell 'ya, man. You're a real riot. :rolleyes:

Sorry some folks don't think making fun of people with Parkinson's disease is perfectly okay.

Are you guys all done? Seriously? I apologized for my terrible sense of humor - you guys remain pissed. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

I'm tired of being bitched at redundantly, and won't post that stuff anymore so I don't incite the wrath of humorless monoliths. Jesus. Hockey thread.

Hockey. NHL. Let's talk about it.

twitter

I don't call a half-assed snarky post about how sensitive people are apologizing. That's what got under my skin. But you're right, this is a hockey thread.

The Penguins seem to play down to the competition. I don't like this. We need points.

oBIgzrL.png

Am I really the only one who actually thought that comment was funny?

I texted it to Alain Vignuealt, here was his response:

twitter

I didn't think it was THAT funny, but I didn't think it was OMG THE MOST OFFENSIVEIST THING EVAR like some other people on this thread.

Anyway. Hockey. Yes.

We can all agree Chris Neil on Johnny Boychuk was a legal if bone-crushing hit. Kyle Turris on Joe "All Bruins Fans Hate Me" Corvo...this is questionable.

Leaves his feet, appears as though he's aiming for the head. No suspension for Turris. I'm actually pretty torn on this.

spacer.png

I didn't think it was THAT funny, but I didn't think it was OMG THE MOST OFFENSIVEIST THING EVAR like some other people on this thread.

Anyway. Hockey. Yes.

We can all agree Chris Neil on Johnny Boychuk was a legal if bone-crushing hit. Kyle Turris on Joe "All Bruins Fans Hate Me" Corvo...this is questionable.

Leaves his feat, appears as though he's aiming for the head. No suspension for Turris. I'm actually pretty torn on this.

Wow, that's rough. The fact that he left his feet is pretty damning, but Boychuk ragdolled into the boards. Hmm.

twitter

Archived