2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well give it one more shot; there's no way Suber and Weter can be kept on a team that makes so little money. Probably out in the first/second round, though, still not enough elite scoring

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nashville actually gave Buffalo a first rounder for Paul Gaustad. Wow!

That + Weber & Suter BOTH staying put pretty much confirms that they're going all in for this upcoming playoff run. They did not deal a single player who is currently on their team, yet still made additions.

It's gonna be fun to see how Polie's deadline deals pay off.

I like what Nashville did, they're going to be quite the hard out come April.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Zach Kassian from Buffalo to Vancouver. Cody Hodgson seems to be the name floating around, and a young high end defensman from Buffalo.

Not sure why Vancouver would make that trade.

I find it hilarious.

As of right now it's just Kassian for Hodgson.

Organization top prospect for top prospect? Why?

Def a head scratcher trade for VAN. *shrug*

Here's basically what I'd like to see from here out from the hawks:

Sharp/Toews/Kane

Hossa/Bolland/Stalberg

Hayes/Pirri/Morin

Frolik/Mayers/Bickell

Waive Morrison/Brunette, recall Shaw and have him and Kruger as your healthy scratches. I know Brunette is making $2 million and that some people like him, but let me enlighten you - he blows. Let's use the rest of this fading mediocre-to-awful year continue in the hands of some of the developmental talent. Hell I'd rather see Ben Smith recalled than more of the pointless Brunette/Morrison facade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hodgson is a player that needs top 6 playing time. He won't get that with Kesler and Hank in front of him for the next 4 years.

Canucks needed size and grit, they got it. Hodgson will be able to develop closer to home. Win all around.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think the trade works for both clubs, Vancouver gets a power forward they so sorely need, probably won't help them much this year though, and Buffalo adds a guy who can play top six minutes right now for them, but Marc-Andre Gragnani to me is the big key in this entire trade.

There's no sense in saying the Hodgson trade is a steal for Buffalo. Canucks got what they need and it meant giving up an up and coming top 6 skill player for a possible top 6 power forward. Kassian has roughly a year less of playing experience and going to an organization now with many playoff veterans it'll help with his attitude. Going to a winning team will also help with the buying into everything one would think. I hated this trade when I first heard about it but the more I think about it the more it makes sense and I'm excited to see what Kassian can bring to the Canucks.

8prlQWA.png

Playing behind Kes, Hank, and Manny wasn't exactly gonna help Cody's development.

Anyways, Burke said that the media in TO has such a big effect on the the players that he and his 59 assistant GMs were/are seriously considering putting a trade freeze starting 10 days before the deadline to ensure his players can sleep easy. They don't need to read/hear about all this trade speculation that they can't avoid. Hopefully being reassured safety would better their performance...you know, like not losing 8 of 9 right before the home stretch. Like he said "They want to do (HBO) 24/7 for us next year...but I tell them that we already have 24/7 here every day".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

According to Larry Brooks in the NY Post, the Rangers final offer for Rick Nash was Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, JT Miller, Christian Thomas and a first round pick.

Thank GOD Columbus turned this down. I'm mortified that Sather proposed this deal (if it's true). Yes, it would be a plus for the rest of this season, but long-term that would be a disaster. I mean, look at how the Rangers got to where they are now after 7 consecutive horrendous seasons heading into lockout. They went away from going after EVERY big fish and built from within. Now they're there and can get the Gaboriks and Richardses of the world to augment their home grown talent. This trade would have been a problem long-term. I'm glad they were turned down.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

According to Larry Brooks in the NY Post, the Rangers final offer for Rick Nash was Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, JT Miller, Christian Thomas and a first round pick.

Thank GOD Columbus turned this down. I'm mortified that Sather proposed this deal (if it's true). Yes, it would be a plus for the rest of this season, but long-term that would be a disaster. I mean, look at how the Rangers got to where they are now after 7 consecutive horrendous seasons heading into lockout. They went away from going after EVERY big fish and built from within. Now they're there and can get the Gaboriks and Richardses of the world to augment their home grown talent. This trade would have been a problem long-term. I'm glad they were turned down.

Holy. Crap. The Rangers are lucky that Howson still considered this too little.

If it's true, of course.

spacer.png

Archived