2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Did Burmistrov turn away from Letang and into the boards? Yes. Did Letang let up on the hit? No. Therefore, under the new rules and by virtue of the NHL's Funniest Home Video producers, it's a suspension.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011-10-18/kris-letang-hearing/50812476/1

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Burmistrov turn away from Letang and into the boards? Yes. Did Letang let up on the hit? No. Therefore, under the new rules and by virtue of the NHL's Funniest Home Video producers, it's a suspension.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011-10-18/kris-letang-hearing/50812476/1

So all you have to do is turn your back on a guy and he's suspended if he hits you? Come on. I watched the video, and the only evidence that makes it worthy of suspension is that he didn't appear to let up, which everyone knows that with the speed the game moves at it's impossible for anyone but Letang to tell if he did or not.

It's a boarding penalty all the way, no doubt about it, but I don't feel it's worthy of a Shanaban, is all I'm saying. I can see the reasoning behind it, and I know they want to have a no-tolerance policy on this stuff, but this one is iffy.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

So all you have to do is turn your back on a guy and he's suspended if he hits you? Come on. I watched the video, and the only evidence that makes it worthy of suspension is that he didn't appear to let up, which everyone knows that with the speed the game moves at it's impossible for anyone but Letang to tell if he did or not.

It's a boarding penalty all the way, no doubt about it, but I don't feel it's worthy of a Shanaban, is all I'm saying. I can see the reasoning behind it, and I know they want to have a no-tolerance policy on this stuff, but this one is iffy.

Boom.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

On the bright side, the Pens were able to destroy the Wild without Letang (and Malkin AND Crosby). They seem to be playing pretty well regardless of the players that they have, which is very impressive.

So Jeff Carter's bad foot is acting up again. Can Ohio taxpayers bail the Blue Jackets out of his contract, too?

On behalf of Flyers fans everywhere, let me be the first to thank your team for taking that underachieving, overpaid prima donna off our hands. Hairline fracture of the foot? Believe me when I tell you, you havent even scratched the surface yet.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Damn, the Avs are a treat to watch. They don't have elite talent, but they freakin' floor it out there. Would've been a 9-8 game if not for spectacular performances from Crawford and Varlamov. Tonight was what hockey's supposed to be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Damn, the Avs are a treat to watch. They don't have elite talent, but they freakin' floor it out there. Would've been a 9-8 game if not for spectacular performances from Crawford and Varlamov. Tonight was what hockey's supposed to be.

That's what I was saying after watching the Avs/Leafs game.

They just play fast, hard, and aggressive. Players with quick turnaround from the defensive/neutral zone. Defensemen always pinching. Forwards swarming and shooting. I loved watching them. I'm going to watch more and more Avalanche games this year when I can.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived