2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Does anybody know how bad the Reimer injury is yet?

Did they just take him off to be cautious?

If he's out for more than 5 games, we are done. Gustavsson has been horrid.

I've already read he should be back for the Leafs next start.

Sick goal by Grabovski to win the the TOR-MTL game for the Leafs in OT. If you get a chance, watch it.

Great goal.

Oh and aren't the Leafs uniforms just fantastic?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus blows a 3-2 win in the last 45 seconds of the game. To Ottawa. Sometimes it's not your year.

Oh, that just... oh. It kinda hurts just reading that. I guess at least it wasn't a home game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I did not have a good night last night. I've watched a lot of NHL hockey. This was one of the top 5 worst choke-jobs I've ever seen and I could feel it happening even before they gave up the tying goal. Arniel had them playing prevent on the power play (which led to Kris Russell turning it over, which led to him taking a penalty, which led to the tying goal with 34 seconds left). He dropped his center back and had the two defenseman on their heels. Then Vermette fell at the blue line with the puck on his stick and the net empty.

I don't think I could adequately explain it to someone who didn't witness it. We were up 1 with 2:00 left. Went on the power play. Lost in regulation. WHAT.

I know half his roster his injured and he has to work with a bunch of kids and AHL guys, but even still I'm not a big fan of Scott Arniel. He rarely plays Nash on the PK (where he's been very good in his career) He gets out-coached every game and his decisions in the last two minutes last night led directly to the loss. He just looks like he's in over his head. They've been bad, but they should at least be 3-4-1. It'll be interesting to see how long he lasts if this doesn't get better. Unfortunately, I don't have any confidence in the current management to hire the next coach.

Positives: Steve Mason has not been his usual terrible self. He's just been bad. Ryan Johansen was given a chance to play with NHL talent last night and he looked very capable, recording the first assist on the second goal. These guys aren't going to be injured forever. And at least we scored more than 2 goals in a game.

I'm going to the game on Tuesday against Detroit. I fully expect to feel like a visiting fan. These are blue days.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Caps/Flyers game should be an interesting game tonight.

<_<

So Jeff Carter's bad foot is acting up again. Can Ohio taxpayers bail the Blue Jackets out of his contract, too?

On behalf of Flyers fans everywhere, let me be the first to thank your team for taking that underachieving, overpaid primadonna off our hands. Hairline fracture of the foot? Believe me when I tell you, you havent even scratched the surface yet.

At least they won't have to worry about him hanging out at the shore with 18-yr olds

Nah, instead they have to worry about him banging out 18 year olds at Ohio State.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Positives: Steve Mason has not been his usual terrible self. He's just been bad. Ryan Johansen was given a chance to play with NHL talent last night and he looked very capable, recording the first assist on the second goal. These guys aren't going to be injured forever. And at least we scored more than 2 goals in a game.

I'd have to disagree. He's been a lot worse this year than I've ever seen from him. He still thinks his game is okay and refuses to work on his problems (wrap-a-rounds, sealing the ice) and just looks overall horrible. I've never seen a worse goaltending performance from him than the game against Detroit. He was worse than pitiful.

As for last night, It was the first time in my life I've been speechless by the end of a hockey game

Manchester-City-icon.png

I'd have to disagree. He's been a lot worse this year than I've ever seen from him. He still thinks his game is okay and refuses to work on his problems (wrap-a-rounds, sealing the ice) and just looks overall horrible. I've never seen a worse goaltending performance from him than the game against Detroit. He was worse than pitiful.

As for last night, It was the first time in my life I've been speechless by the end of a hockey game

We both agree he hasn't been good, but he hasn't been as bad as you claim. He is clearly not the answer moving forward, but that game against Detroit doesn't even crack his top 20 worst goaltending performances. He only gave up 4 goals.

It's also fair to him to consider that at this point, every goalie in the league would struggle with the defense Mason has in front of him.

The game last year against Colorado where he gave up 4 goals on the first 4 shots in the first 4 minutes was his worst goaltending performance. Pretty much every game he's been pulled from was worst than his game against Detroit. Have you watched the last two seasons? He was terrible. This year he's just been bad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really hope (and think) the Leafs have a trade in the works. They can't keep scratching Franson; he actually deserves to play. I 'd play him and either send Gardiner down for some seasoning or scratch Komisarek. There must be something. Franson's too good to play 40 games, and with Connolly coming back from injury soon, they have to send someone down, and I'm sure Burke has got something up his sleeve.

Did you see him on the Chris Kelly goal? He literally just leaned on him! He's bigger than him and he could have easily bumped him or lifted his stick but he didn't.

I'd have trouble finding a worse defensive play.

Anyway, we have 8 NHL calibur d-men, so if you play like that, you don't play.

Also, we're 4-0 without him in the line-up, and 1-1-1 with him.

What former Leafs defender from say a year back does that remind you of?

untitled-6.jpg

I told you guys that everyone in Philly would freak out over Bryzgalov. Didn't think it'd happen in October, though. I thought it'd happen in November!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I told you guys that everyone in Philly would freak out over Bryzgalov. Didn't think it'd happen in October, though. I thought it'd happen in November!

It's Philly. If you have a bad game, they call you a "bum", question your toughness, and try to run you out of town.

I really hope (and think) the Leafs have a trade in the works. They can't keep scratching Franson; he actually deserves to play. I 'd play him and either send Gardiner down for some seasoning or scratch Komisarek. There must be something. Franson's too good to play 40 games, and with Connolly coming back from injury soon, they have to send someone down, and I'm sure Burke has got something up his sleeve.

Did you see him on the Chris Kelly goal? He literally just leaned on him! He's bigger than him and he could have easily bumped him or lifted his stick but he didn't.

I'd have trouble finding a worse defensive play.

Anyway, we have 8 NHL calibur d-men, so if you play like that, you don't play.

Also, we're 4-0 without him in the line-up, and 1-1-1 with him.

What former Leafs defender from say a year back does that remind you of?

Hm...not sure.

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

We both agree he hasn't been good, but he hasn't been as bad as you claim. He is clearly not the answer moving forward, but that game against Detroit doesn't even crack his top 20 worst goaltending performances. He only gave up 4 goals.

It's also fair to him to consider that at this point, every goalie in the league would struggle with the defense Mason has in front of him.

The game last year against Colorado where he gave up 4 goals on the first 4 shots in the first 4 minutes was his worst goaltending performance. Pretty much every game he's been pulled from was worst than his game against Detroit. Have you watched the last two seasons? He was terrible. This year he's just been bad.

I haven't been too on the games this year, but from what I've seen it's been bad. I just loathe his play so maybe I'm blinded by it haha :P

I've disliked him since I saw his interview after the World Championships where he basically said he was the reason Canada won and that he's a goaltending god or something along those lines. All other reactions of him I've heard have been the same as mine: overly cocky.

I really can't wait for Dekanich to get healthy. I've been very high on him for the past couple of years. He's the next Rinne in my opinion (helps that he's a Nashville product too haha).

Manchester-City-icon.png

The Consistently Inconsistent Ducks of Anaheim have returned for the 2011-12 season.

Play very meh in two games in Europe. Play awesome in three games last weekend. Play like junk in two games this weekend.

Full hockey seasons make my eyes bleed.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The good news: Zach Bogosian scored the game winner last night.

The bad news: He scored it for the Rangers.

One of the best third periods I've seen in a while, though. The extended pressure the Jets put on the Rangers was a damned joyride.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived