2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Boudreau finally grew a pair and benched Ovechkin during the last 1:02 left in the third period. Boudreau put the best six players (Chimera, Laich, Ward, Carlson, Wideman and Backstrom as the extra skater) on the ice during this time frame and his hunch resulted in Backstrom netting the game tying goal to force overtime. This benching temporarily awakened Ovechkin as he would "contribute" (he deflected the pass) to Backstrom's game winning goal in the extra frame.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=598560

The NHL is having a float for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. With Cee-Lo Green performing.

His signature song will be dedicated to the taxpayers of Glendale.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just a question.

When did Tampa Bay become so patriotic, and the way they sing the anthem is quite annoying.

I was at that game. I also went to a game of theirs last year. Both times, they had the American flag going across the crowd, as well as having an honored military member of the game. Maybe that's something they do for all games (or all weekend games).

Was a little shocked that they had an actual singer performing the Canadian anthem, but had the crowd sing the American anthem with the organist playing the tune. But that very well could have been because of the American anthem singer not showing up or a couple of other reasons....there have been instances at Hawks/Thrashers games where the singer couldn't make it and no time to find a replacement.

Is it true in an attempt to draw more fans, the Blue Jackets are having Paper Bag night so fans can sit in anonymity?

When your own team is sitting at a 79.9% capacity, you shouldn't talk.

I was not referring to the Jackets attendance, I was referring to how lousy they play. I think its a miracle anyone goes out to see them play they have given their fans nothing for a decade.

You made no mention about how they play. And you specifically mentioned their attendance.

More interesting than attendance for Sabres home games is Sabres road games. Western New York must have the biggest and farthest-reaching diaspora in America. Either that or it's the same 4,000 people who just follow the Buffalo Sabres around like Deadheads, trading bootlegs of Rick Jeanneret calls or something.

Yeah, I always found that strange when the Sabres played here. They sure had a ton a fans for games in Atlanta, and furthermore, were always the most vocal before and during the game.

I wouldn't blame them for following the team around the country like Phish fans do. After all, would you want to spend much time in Buffalo during the winter?

More interesting than attendance for Sabres home games is Sabres road games. Western New York must have the biggest and farthest-reaching diaspora in America. Either that or it's the same 4,000 people who just follow the Buffalo Sabres around like Deadheads, trading bootlegs of Rick Jeanneret calls or something.

Buffalo 1950: 600,000

Buffalo 2010: 261,000

Coach Boudreau finally grew a pair and benched Ovechkin during the last 1:02 left in the third period. Boudreau put the best six players (Chimera, Laich, Ward, Carlson, Wideman and Backstrom as the extra skater) on the ice during this time frame and his hunch resulted in Backstrom netting the game tying goal to force overtime. This benching temporarily awakened Ovechkin as he would "contribute" (he deflected the pass) to Backstrom's game winning goal in the extra frame.

My sentiments exactly. Ovi had a terrible game. He deserved the benching.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Good goalie, though he looks better than he is because the Predators run a trap. That idiom is a bit misleading, though, because the verb "run" connotes a sense of swiftness and urgency altogether absent from the Nashville Predators. Even "spring a trap" brings to mind some sort of bursting spontaneity. They use a trap?

Anyway, smart to lock him up, but they're probably not gonna lock up Weber and should really trade him by New Year's if they're not looking like a serious contender, which I doubt they will be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Keeping all three around is going to cost the Preds north of $23M a year, and since this is the last year of the cap as we know it, that's just crazy talk.

Trade him off for a steady D and a high pick (I like the idea of the Canucks sending Keith Ballard and their first rounder off, but that's just me), and call it a day. If they really want to contend they need to find someone who can play with Fisher to actually create some offense.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Trade him off for a steady D and a high pick (I like the idea of the Canucks sending Keith Ballard and their first rounder off, but that's just me)

Oh, if they're going to trade him to Vancouver--how long would they have to wait to fit him under the cap, anyway?--then forget it

I wouldnt mind seeing Shea Weber in a Caps jersey, but not at the expense of Mike Green who is an RFA this year and would have to go to make room for Weber.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeah, Weber's making a good $3MM+ more than Ballard and the Canucks are at the cap. Not sure how they'd swing it. I can see him going to Boston, Detroit, or the Rangers, though the Rags would have to send a bit of money back as well. It's a move they have to make, though; there's really not enough firepower on that team for them to realistically contend. "Be mediocre and have your awesome goalie bail you out" doesn't hold up over the rigors of the postseason against legitimate teams anymore, so just punt the year.

I want the Hawks to wind up in an Iginla sweepstakes, myself.

Yeah, Weber's making a good $3MM+ more than Ballard and the Canucks are at the cap. Not sure how they'd swing it. I can see him going to Boston, Detroit, or the Rangers, though the Rags would have to send a bit of money back as well. It's a move they have to make, though; there's really not enough firepower on that team for them to realistically contend. "Be mediocre and have your awesome goalie bail you out" doesn't hold up over the rigors of the postseason against legitimate teams anymore, so just punt the year.

I want the Hawks to wind up in an Iginla sweepstakes, myself.

Wouldn't mind seeing them winning it. Unless, Toronto gets in on it and is having a great season.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived