2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

MORE SERIOUS EDIT: that's at least the third time the Hawks have ceded a goal on an out-of-the-box breakaway, ugh

I was wondering how many there have been. Saw tonight's and the one against the Canes. God, that kind of goal is disheartening. Anyway, Khabby better be drunk tonight.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to say there was one against St. Louis? Can't sweat giving one up to Eberle TOO much, he's really good.

Hawks looking good so far overall. Olesz is useless and should be waived if only to maintain an open 23rd roster slot for emergency callups.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Olesz is useless and should be waived if only to maintain an open 23rd roster slot for emergency callups.

That guy's a dead body on that roster. Doesn't skate, doesn't hit, doesn't pass. Can't do :censored:

There's gotta be a better fit than that for the 4th line.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Speaking of dead weight, was told on Twitter that the Hawks are 5-1-1 with John Scott in the lineup. That's gotta be coincidence, right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Speaking of dead weight, was told on Twitter that the Hawks are 5-1-1 with John Scott in the lineup. That's gotta be coincidence, right?

I personally feel so. Scott sucks. The guy is pushed around by guys half his size, he can't skate or handle the puck. His fighting's been scaled back quite a bit too.

Great locker room guy, just not a strong player at all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3-0 Minny after 1 period, including a sweet backhand feed by Clutterbuck to set up a Cullen goal. The Wild are doing to the Ducks tonight what Junior Dos Santos did to Cain Velasquez last night in the same arena.

CCSLC signature.png

I've lived here in north Jersey for all 26 years of my life (sans 4 years at Penn State) and never have I made the trip to Uniondale to see an Islanders game.

That'll change when I leave in 15 minutes to go see my Rangers skate against 'em. I know it's a dump but I'm really looking forward to it.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I've lived here in north Jersey for all 26 years of my life (sans 4 years at Penn State) and never have I made the trip to Uniondale to see an Islanders game.

That'll change when I leave in 15 minutes to go see my Rangers skate against 'em. I know it's a dump but I'm really looking forward to it.

My parents went to the Caps - Isles game a few weekends ago. They mentioned numerous times how crappy the building is. One of my favorite text messages from them is that they reported "a few sections were closed due to water leaks".

NHL.com is having problems. It's reporting all the scoreboards as being in the "null" period. Sometimes the box scores report a penalty as being like 2 min [iLLEGAL_STRING_ERROR], too.

NHL.com is having problems. It's reporting all the scoreboards as being in the "null" period. Sometimes the box scores report a penalty as being like 2 min [iLLEGAL_STRING_ERROR], too.

That's why I use ESPN.com

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Isles have now lost 10 out of their last 11. Sadly, that's better than this time last season, when they were in the midst of losing 23 out of 24.

Regardless, Rebuild Version 1.16 (they didn't release upgrades in 2002 or the lockout because it actually worked or was no existent, and no 8th seeds don't count) here we come!

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

It's funny, I figured "Well hell, if Nashville hasn't scored yet, it's over." when the Caps scored the 1st one...then Erat tied it up seconds later, & I thought "Well, now we're back to square one. Let's see if they can at least salvage a point and get it to OT." Then Colin Wilson won it & I was like "Well damn." Preds winning in regulation was the last scenario that I expected to see play out after the Caps finally opened up the scoring, but it happened. Helluva finish!

My parents went to the Caps - Isles game a few weekends ago. They mentioned numerous times how crappy the building is. One of my favorite text messages from them is that they reported "a few sections were closed due to water leaks".

I had a great time tonight. It was 50/50 maybe as much as 60/40 Ranger fans...it was NUTS. Louder than the Garden ever gets. Fantastic game. Our seats were 2 rows from the top of the arena in the corner but it was still relatively close all things considered.

The arena though, oh lord is it bad. The concourse is for all levels, it's about as wide as a residential side street, and it's so packed you'd think you were on the subway in Times Square during rush hour. The line for the 2 bathrooms that I saw was absolutely ridiculous and disgraceful. The seats themselves--the actual seats--were disgustingly uncomfortable (I'm 6'7" which doesn't help), it's just a mess. They desperately need to get a new building. It's so "minor league" with the cheap advertisements, the tattoo parlor on the concourse, dropping t-shirts from parachutes out of the rafters, it's quite sad actually.

I don't want them to leave though. Selfishly, as a Ranger fan, the rivalry is too intense and too fun to be a part of that it would be a shame to not have that anymore.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The thing about the Nassau Coliseum is that it's not like it's an old arena that the world has since passed by. It was slapped up on the cheap and pretty much sucked from day one. When they get a new arena, which I feel do they will, that probably won't be a deluxe sportspalace either, just the bare minimum that needs to be done for Long Island to keep hosting hockey and concerts. At least it won't be as bad.

I used to follow hockey a lot, and still do (in the playoffs at least), but I'm certainly not up on the nuances like most of you.

Could someone explain the "trap" (or the 1-3-1) and why nobody can devise an offense that can beat it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I used to follow hockey a lot, and still do (in the playoffs at least), but I'm certainly not up on the nuances like most of you.

Could someone explain the "trap" (or the 1-3-1) and why nobody can devise an offense that can beat it?

Also, why is it bad to have a defense that an offense can't beat?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived