2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are they going to do with the Campbell Bowl and Prince of Wales Trophy?

I'm still convinced/deluded that this whole four conferences thing is just posturing, and once Phoenix accepts its destiny, we'll have two geographic conferences of 15 teams each and go about our business.

Barring that, they'll probably re-seed coming out of the conference playoffs, set it as 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3, and designate one for each trophy. Maybe even name the rounds the Campbell Final and the Wales Final.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm still convinced/deluded that this whole four conferences thing is just posturing, and once Phoenix accepts its destiny, we'll have two geographic conferences of 15 teams each and go about our business.

Barring that, they'll probably re-seed coming out of the conference playoffs, set it as 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3, and designate one for each trophy. Maybe even name the rounds the Campbell Final and the Wales Final.

Or they could just assign the trophies to two of the four conferences they've cooked up. Then they could create two more trophies for the other two. I suggest the Gary Bettman Award for Excellence for the conference Phoenix is in.

Or they could just assign the trophies to two of the four conferences they've cooked up. Then they could create two more trophies for the other two. I suggest the Gary Bettman Award for Excellence for the conference Phoenix is in.

Let's be progressive and call it the Scruggs Trophy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ondrej Pavelec saved my fantasy team tonight. Thank god someone in my league dropped him.

Nobody, except for me, cares about your fantasy team. :P

If you are in the IHL :P

OP wont be this good all season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Let's be progressive and call it the Scruggs Trophy.

Or "The Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence"....

They could give them to the two Stanley Cup finalists?

How would they decide who to though?

It just occurred to me that we'll be seeing new types of banners. What sucks is that some teams will celebrate "Bettman Division Champions" for winning it in the reg season, and some will celebrate being in the final 4. Hopefully everyone celebrates the latter.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Why can't we keep the East and West conferences, bring back the old division names (or come up with new ones, the important thing is that they are divisions), and be done with it?

I fear this will be the typical NHL scenario of "We have a good idea! Now let's overthink this and do something that ruins it!"

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Well you could do something like this...

going into semifinals

winner of 1 vs. 4 series gets the Price of Wales Trophy

winner of 2 vs. 3 series gets the Campbell Bowl

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I've rethought my position on the playoffs. The Stanley Cup playoffs were the best postseason in any of the 4 major sports. Now theyve gone and made things complicated, and its very possible that the best teams in hockey wont make it unless they allow for some crossover.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Here is an example of what should happen. It's simple.

Conference A and B are renamed as Divisions (With new names) in one Conference, winner of the conference finals gets the Campbell trophy.

Conference C and D face the same treatment. winner of the Conference finals get the prince of wales trophy.

Division format

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

Division finals are winner vs winner

Winner of that faces the winner of Division B, team with the better record gets home ice

Winner of that faces the winner of division C and D in the Stanley cup finals. Team with the better record gets home ice.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I've rethought my position on the playoffs. The Stanley Cup playoffs were the best postseason in any of the 4 major sports. Now theyve gone and made things complicated, and its very possible that the best teams in hockey wont make it unless they allow for some crossover.

I'm having trouble conceiving of a situation in which one of "the best teams in hockey" finishes in 5th place in any division. Maybe "the team that could surprise somebody if their goalie got hot after Easter" but not "the best teams in hockey."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived