2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacques Martin fired, Habs asst. coach Randy Cunneyworth named interim coach until they hire a new head coach...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=606891&navid=DL|NHL|home

Only about 2 years late. Someone tell me what was wrong with Guy Carbonneau as coach?

He was too good of a coach for the Canadiens to have behind the bench! :P

Can't wait to see Temmu back in Winnipeg on Saturady.

Really the only thing to see from the Ducks lately.

Comes into Winnipeg on a 7-game point streak with a goal tonight. Should be an entertaining sight, that's for sure.

... and if he scores a goal, he should celebrate like this...

If Jet fans could only see one goal tonight from the Ducks, I sure the hell hope it's Selanne, and I'm almost certain they'd give him a standing ovation.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Turris traded to Sens.

For David Runblad and a second.

Phoenix wins this trade.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Reports are that the Kings have hired Darryl Sutter. To be introduced Tuesday.

Wouldn't call it an upgrade, but he knows how to win.

For a team that needs a kick in the backside, it's a great hire. Unfortunately, there are personalities on this team - Dustin Brown as the prime example - that do a lot of sulking when things don't go their way. Terry Murray is a great teacher, but this team doesn't need to be taught X's and O's, they need to be taught how to be professionals and bring their games every period every night. This team has taken periods off ever since Murray took over. In the past you could attribute that to the fact that they were young, but that's not the case. They'd become lazy in their play. If you want to understand that, watch the game against Columbus where they take a penalty in the first minute or so and just look lethargic until the third period where they were attacking as a team and with speed. The one thing I'm actually respecting about John Stevens, is he is holding players accountable for sub-par play by scratching them.

It's awesome to see Teemu to get a standing O from the Jets fans. I just found out that they shout "true north" when singing the national anthem. Also, the Jets are wearing white at home tonight.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The fans start to cheer every time Teemu touches the puck while they boo every other Duck player who touches the puck. I've never seen that before!

I've gotta think that throws you off more than just a flat boo the entire time.

Or at least that's the excuse I'm going to make as the Ducks are already down 2-0... Sigh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived