2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is good to see some jump in old Ovie again. Hes got that fire again, hes hitting skating deking its fun to watch! Semin is beginning a resurgence too. Is Dale Hunter the Russian Whisperer?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hawks win. Their power play is unbearable to watch. Detroit had a bad luck game, hit the iron 2 or 3 times. A win is a win, but gotta figure out how to get that power play to mesh.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Having the Classic (or any other outdoor game) anywhere outside of Canada or the Northeast U.S. really wouldn't make much sense, both weather-wise & ratings-wise. Maybe a Colorado-Detroit or a Minnesota-Dallas classic would work, but other than that, I don't see how it would be a success outside of the Canada or the Northeast. It would've basically jumped the shark by then.

It's already jumped the shark by playing at Heinz Field and soon being played at Citizens Bank Park.

Next year's all but a shoe-in for Sharks-Wings in either Detroit or Ann Arbor from what it sounds like, so I wouldn't fret over the other possibilities (LOL Miami) too much

Where have you heard that at?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Next year's all but a shoe-in for Sharks-Wings in either Detroit or Ann Arbor from what it sounds like, so I wouldn't fret over the other possibilities (LOL Miami) too much

Where have you heard that at?

Basically what I've heard through the rumor mill between Puck Daddy and, well, HFBoards chatter about other sources (sorry). Here's a link to one such story

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/12/red_wings_in_talks_with_nhl_to.html

(yes Admiral, Shark fan crazy cat moderator on HF made a online petition for a Western Conference Winter Classic BTW)

Alright, maybe not exactly a shoe-in for Sharks-Red Wings after doing some investigating, but it does look like Detroit will be hosting one not too long from now and it's sounding like Sharks-Wings is coming up quite a bit in these discussions

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

As a fan of a southern hockey team, I too have had grandiose dreams of an outdoor game (Ducks/Kings at the Rose Bowl or something would be pretty sweet, at least for the fans in SoCal), but putting it in a dome (retractable roof or not) kinda defeats the entire purpose of the game. Even putting it outside in the south just doesn't give it the same atmosphere as it would elsewhere. There isn't the weather, there isn't the "history" with it. And to the end of it, the NHL just probably won't ever do it.

We always point to that Kings/Rangers preseason game in Vegas back then and saying with the improved technology it could probably work in theory, but it just won't happen. I'd like to dream about it, but it probably won't happen. At the point that it were to actually happen, I'd almost think it'd be time to cut the whole thing, unfortunately.

Well they said that they couldn't do it in LA because they need that roof closed for 2 weeks prior to the game to get a perfect sheet of ice, when they would then open it before the game started. This would really only leave Dallas and Florida as the two teams who could pull that off (I presume the Coyotes would be gone by that time).

But I agree, don't like the idea.

well considering its new years eve and i can right now go outside in my tank top and shorts and enjoy the nice breezy and warm North Texas weather. um yeah, pulling off a winter classic here might be a challenge and defeat the purpose since right now the weather is anything but resembling winter.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Rangers/Flyers alumni game is about to start in a few minutes. CBP is about 95% full already. Game's on Versus and CSN Philly in the US (and tape delay on MSG), but I'm not sure about Canada...

Dan Blackburn is wearing his two blockers for the alumni game.

In Canada it's on CBC

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Takeaways from the rosters:

1. Holy Hall-of-Famers, New York. What do they have, five or six out there? Yikes!

2. Great job by the fans giving Lindros a standing O.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Wish Hextall was playing, but he recently had back surgery.

Podein makes it 2-0

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What a nightmare as far as the weather is concerned. I didn't even have a jacket on this morning - it's that unseasonably warm. Should get dramatically colder for Monday's game though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What a nightmare as far as the weather is concerned. I didn't even have a jacket on this morning - it's that unseasonably warm. Should get dramatically colder for Monday's game though.

I'm hearing 40s

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

BERNIE'S

BACK,

BABY!

Screenshot2011-12-31at43050PM.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived