NBA back to Seattle? NHL too?

WSU151

Lol...I should have expected no less when I said that.

But who wouldn't like to see these again...

RackMultipart.22735.0_display_image.jpg?1256791788

They started the teal trend and make it look good.

New Orleans Hornets --> Seattle Sonics

Charlotte Bobcats --> Charlotte Hornets

Sacramento Kings --> Sacramento Kings

All is well. Everyone's happy. Except for the 13 season ticket holders in New Orleans.

sig.png

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Raptors to move, really? 19th in attendance for a 20-win team that just lost its franchise player and has never won anything is pretty darn good.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Disagree. Some nights the Cats outdraw the A's. With a minor league team. Corporations are here, they just haven't stepped up yet.

Riley could expand with enough money.

It's a long shot, yes... But I think the town could support it.

Not a chance. Raley Field would have to be leveled to be "expanded" to support MLB. It's not capable of being expanded in its current form which will require the full 400+ million for a new ballpark.

So then build a new ballpark.

They can expand Raley Field for a couple of years or just stay in Oakland until a new stadium is built in Sacramento. They're looking into building a new stadium already. Its not like Fremont or San Jose have any current ballpark options either. (And yes I know Fremont is dead before three different people jump on it.)

How do you propose expanding Raley Field even temporarily? There's no room. Not to mention the infrastructure around the park wouldn't support MLB sized crowds.

As for, "so just build a new ballpark"... with what money and where do you propose doing it? Sac can't even fully fund a 250 million arena. How do you expect they'll fund a 450 million dollar ballpark?

What exactly is going on in Oakland? No money? Stubborn city officials?

You have 2 teams that, historically, are among the most successful in their respective leagues. Build a damn stadium!

Stubborn, stupid, same difference. And yes they have no money as well. Those are Oakland's two biggest problems, no leadership, and no funds. Add in three teams that either, don't want to be there anymore (A's to SJ), wouldn't mind being somewhere else (Warriors in SF), or are location agnostic on where they get a new venue (Raiders in Santa Clara, LA, Oakland, Hell...) and it's a bad situation for the city of Oakland. But then being that Oakland is the only major city in California that is shrinking, crippling budget woes, a mayor just this side of nuts, Occupy Oakland destroying their city core, etc... they seem to have bigger fish to fry.

Sacjacking: 1) The hijacking of a thread on the possible return of Seattle to the NBA for purposes of discussing multiple sports team's remaining in or relocating to Sacramento. 3) Marriage to Kim Kardashian. 4) A dirty, nasty sexual act that would cost you a significant amount of money, your self respect and dignity, and possibly your right man-jewel... Oh, wait, we already listed "Kim Kardashian".

Alright, I think I got all of the Seattle/etc posts out of the NHL thread. I was trying to merge the two Seattle threads, but something went terribly wrong. If you see something off, let me know.

Also, McCall: Please stop trying to mod. Or, at least, stop being hateful and meta.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I know that this used to be a SuperSonics thread...so what is this now?

My favorite episode of Seinfeld is the 'Assman'...lol...Kramer.

Anyways, back on topic, if the NHL came to Seattle, would it spell the end of the Thunderbirds? And if so, would the NHL team adopt the name? I know the Metropolitans used to be around, but they'd be the Mets, and that's just weird. Unless they go with 'Metros', but idk...

Seattle Seals?

Seattle Pilots?

Seattle Sasquatch?

My personal vote would have to be Seattle Steelheads. The Steelhoud Trout is the official fish of Washington.

sig.png

Boise has an ECHL team called the Steelheads. Not that Seattle couldn't have one, but you know.

The Thunderbirds just got their own little arena down in Kent, so they'll probably stay put. I suppose if they did get squeezed out of town, they could move to Wenatchee.

My vote is for "Evergreens," because Washington is the Evergreen State.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How about Seattle Cascades or Cascadians?

Another question...do yall think the NBA would expand if Seattle got an arena together (not if it's a good idea, I think most people would say the talent pool in all 4 NA sports leagues is watered down)?

If they did expand, they would probably add 2. Anaheim? KC?

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Call me old school, but I would kind of like to see the name of the totems come back if the NHL goes to Seattle. The sonics needed to be back yesterday.

btw, here is some new info about another possible arena, I'd swear Seattle is becoming a hotbed again.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/622665/Report-City-leaders-look-into-building-new-NBA-arena

baltimoreravens.png

How about Seattle Cascades or Cascadians?

There's a drum corps called the Seattle Cascades, not that that prohibits a hockey team taking it. Cascades would be good. Kinad dishwashery, though.

Another question...do yall think the NBA would expand if Seattle got an arena together (not if it's a good idea, I think most people would say the talent pool in all 4 NA sports leagues is watered down)?

If they did expand, they would probably add 2. Anaheim? KC?

They can't add teams when they have so many existing teams in bad shape. They're not the NHL.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I guess I was thinking more along the lines if all the current NBA teams got it together. Unlikely, of course.

loved the NHL comment...OITGDNHL

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived