NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

If the Wild changed their name, then people here would complain about losing ten years of that history, just like they did about the Thrashers. No, it shouldn't change, it's not going to change, and nobody is really worse-off for any of it.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the Thrashers changing their name after moving to Winnipeg.

I remember some yahoo....writing for Yahoo....complaining about the nu-Jets completely ignoring the fact that they used to be the Thrashers.

Yes, but this is the Internet we're talking about here. Home of loony rants and fringe theories.

If there's only one idiot spouting a particular brand of nonsense, it might as well not exist. One is well within the margin of error.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Wild changed their name, then people here would complain about losing ten years of that history, just like they did about the Thrashers. No, it shouldn't change, it's not going to change, and nobody is really worse-off for any of it.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the Thrashers changing their name after moving to Winnipeg.

I remember some yahoo....writing for Yahoo....complaining about the nu-Jets completely ignoring the fact that they used to be the Thrashers.

Yes, but this is the Internet we're talking about here. Home of loony rants and fringe theories.

If there's only one idiot spouting a particular brand of nonsense, it might as well not exist. One is well within the margin of error.

Isn't that half the fun, to have looney rants? And come on, we sit here and rant about sport uniforms, isn't that in itself looney and make us looney ranters?

Didn't Looney Ranters make a cameo appearance on a Bonanza episode?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In a much needed change of topic, does anybody know if the Kings are updating their home jersey to match the road?

Possibly. I heard they initially wanted to give it the hem-stripe treatment but the NHL stepped in and vetoed it.

Why would the NHL veto it? It's the team's choice to change something, not theirs.

Because conspiracy theorists have to make up something on April 25th, and blame the league and not the team who designed it. The league could care less.

Actually I read it at Icethetics. The Kings wanted to have a brand new home jersey. The RBK catalogue also confirms this because it said the home and away would both be new jerseys. I know it's really fun to use the empty distinction "Conspiracy Theorist" towards any opinion you don't agree with or can't confirm. Good job.

In a much needed change of topic, does anybody know if the Kings are updating their home jersey to match the road?

Possibly. I heard they initially wanted to give it the hem-stripe treatment but the NHL stepped in and vetoed it.

Why would the NHL veto it? It's the team's choice to change something, not theirs.

Because conspiracy theorists have to make up something on April 25th, and blame the league and not the team who designed it. The league could care less.

Actually I read it at Icethetics. The Kings wanted to have a brand new home jersey. The RBK catalogue also confirms this because it said the home and away would both be new jerseys. I know it's really fun to use the empty distinction "Conspiracy Theorist" towards any opinion you don't agree with or can't confirm. Good job.

I don't recall reading that at Icethetics, though it hasn't proved an altogether trustworthy source recently. The catalog confirmed changes to the home, away, and third - and did so for other teams that were switching out their home for their third jersey.

The conspiracy theorist tag is in order because I think by now it's been thoroughly debunked that anyone but the teams themselves are to blame for the uniform atrocities. There has been no evidence to support the claim. I'm actually surprised people are still trotting out the tired old "we were gonna change our uniforms but RBK/NHL wouldn't let us" outside of the rule that you have to keep your uniforms for a set number of seasons.

Great jorb.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Preds' unused jersey on the ice. (Photo courtest Predators FB page)

532921_10150708629182558_6245252557_9382147_2009592347_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

^Thank God they didn't go with that. The last thing the league needs is another Columbus/Florida/TB. Now all they need to do is fix the shoulder patch and piping issues...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The checkerboard pattern was an interesting idea, but not when it's dark blue and black. And as bad as it is, all those nights of white versus yellow aren't a hell of a lot better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^Thank God they didn't go with that. The last thing the league needs is another Columbus/Florida/TB. Now all they need to do is fix the shoulder patch and piping issues...

Agreed.

Love the colour of the new Pred's home jersey but HATE how they use the St Louis Blues template. Particularly on the road jersey which coupled with the unfinished hemline makes for a trainwreck. They should have kept the checkerboard navy jersey as an alternate.

Agreed.

Love the colour of the new Pred's home jersey but HATE how they use the St Louis Blues template. Particularly on the road jersey which coupled with the unfinished hemline makes for a trainwreck. They should have kept the checkerboard navy jersey as an alternate.

Love the Preds' yellow uniforms, but they should be the away set with yellow helmets and have a navy set for home. A team in white should never be matched against a team wearing yellow. When the light uniforms were worn at home, both white and yellow/gold were the home colours vs dark away colours.

The black and the blue just bleed together in those proposed aways. Terrible.

As for their current jerseys, I'd suggest wrapping the front/back piping around the shoulders and make a phantom yoke or something.Or make the yoke blue, and make the "fang" design white.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

That would've been the most plain jersey I've ever seen.

There is nothing at all to that jersey.

The new Lightning jerseys make that Preds jersey look like the most wild and creative jersey ever.

2ly2w09.jpg

Long time members know I have no love for the Mighty Ducks name or identity, but I don't have a problem with just "Ducks."

Before the Penguins played the Ducks this year some reporter asked Dan Byslma a question about being a former Duck and he said "excuse me, I was a MIGHTY Duck". XD

1zgyd8w.jpg

Agreed.

Love the Preds' yellow uniforms, but they should be the away set with yellow helmets and have a navy set for home. A team in white should never be matched against a team wearing yellow. When the light uniforms were worn at home, both white and yellow/gold were the home colours vs dark away colours.

A yellow helmet would look extremely odd, especially when paired with navy pants.

Agreed.

A yellow helmet would look extremely odd, especially when paired with navy pants.

Well what would you like to see? Mono yellow like the Kings in the 70's?

Exactly. While I'm a huge fan of yellow/athletic gold uniforms, there is one thing I hope I never see - gold pants. However, when the Canucks and the Kings wore yellow/gold at home in the 80's, both teams had dark pants. The Canucks had the Flying V theme on their black pants and the Kings had a solid gold stripe on their purple ones. The colour contrast was excellent. Therefore, there should be no reason why the Predators cannot wear navy pants while wearing a matching yellow helmet to match the yellow sweaters and socks.

No. Navy pants with a navy helmet. Look how odd these look:

vancouver.jpg134154667_display_image.jpg?1324606346dionne_86.jpg

It makes the colour balance even more off. Have one colour as the primary for the jersey and socks, and the other one for the helmet and pants.

Archived