Owen Nolan Announcement - Today at 5:30pm

DaRadniz29

From NHL.com:

The San Jose Sharks will hold a press conference on Tuesday, February 7, at which point Owen Nolan will make an announcement regarding the future of his hockey career. The media event at HP Pavilion will be carried live on SJSharks.com, NHL.com, and on the NHL Network during NHL Live tomorrow at 5:30 PM ET.
That's 2:30pm San Jose time if ya didn't know :)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=615614

Due to the timing of this announcement in conjunction with the rosters moves recently made by the Sharks has some fans here clamoring that he might return to play - As much as I'd love to see 40-year-old Buster in Teal again, if he was returning to the team as a player, why not just announce "The Sharks have signed Owen Nolan"?

I think it must be a one-day contract type deal so he can retire as a San Jose Shark.

Then again, maybe he's just inviting us all to his 40th Birthday party (Feb 12). Oooooh CAKE! I'm there! :)

Here's the Link to watch on sjsharks.com

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=615163&navid=DL|SJS|home

I think he might actually be coming back to finish the season with the Sharks.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I just was playing NHL 12 and every version of the game since Create-A-Team came I've created the Grand Rapids Titans (Who I've just realized look very much like the Lightning b/c of theTitans Black, Royal Blue, White and Silver).

When selecting players for the Titans roster I select a few players from other leagues, and was searching for him in the game, since he played for the ZCS Lions last season, and didn't see Nolan on the team so I decided to look up what old Buster was doing and that's when I found the thing about his announcement. Because I also saw the word former and went, isn't still somewhere in the league?

I think he might actually be coming back to finish the season with the Sharks.

I would be happy for him to finish out his career with the Sharks, though if this be the case, why the hoopla, and not just announce they've signed him? Then again the Sharks made a pretty big deal when the signed JR, so who knows.

Maybe the one day contract is so he can play vs his old Flames tomorrow :)

On the Sharks website, Nolan is the photo of the day and the background in his old Sharks gear and uniforms - maybe they're going back to those uni's!!! - one can wish. I just hope they stop this "Let's be the Miami Dolphins" nonsense and return our primary colors to (Any shade) Teal and Black, not Teal and Burnt Orange. - I don't mind the orange as much as I used to, but I don't know a Teal and Orange colored Shark. Then again I don't know of a Black shark - but I know why the went with black instead of gray - fans apparently preferred it. Well, I'm now ranting.

Still another hour and change til his press conference.

Great career Owen. Of course you'll always be a Shark, but I'll remember you for that solid 2007-08 season you had, where the Flames almost beat the Sharks in the playoffs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

ive known all day he was retiring. Do any of yall even watch NHL network....?

Well, I don't have NHL Network and I knew he was retiring. It was pretty clear even though no one was revealing anything. Media outlets here in California all expected it as did most fans including myself.

About the coming back to play - I was making a joke, but I can't speak for nash61. :)

Though I still think he should have invited us all to a birthday/retirement celebration at the Tank. :)

But he should and most likely will make an appearance at Tomorrow night's game so the crowd can give him what will definitely be a standing ovation.

Well, I don't have NHL Network and I knew he was retiring. It was pretty clear even though no one was revealing anything. Media outlets here in California all expected it as did most fans including myself.

About the coming back to play - I was making a joke, but I can't speak for nash61. :)

Though I still think he should have invited us all to a birthday/retirement celebration at the Tank. :)

But he should and most likely will make an appearance at Tomorrow night's game so the crowd can give him what will definitely be a standing ovation.

You didn't need NHL Network to get the information, the information about him having a news conference was on NHL.com yesterday.

You didn't need NHL Network to get the information, the information about him having a news conference was on NHL.com yesterday.

yep - I'm the one that quoted it in the Original post... and it was on all Northern California and Bay Area media outlets yesterday.

Though I kinf of am leaning towards creating Owen Nolan in NHL 12 CAP and put him on the Sharks and see how he does, just for ______ and giggles :)

Today, we are all players who had their career-defining moment in a meaningless exhibition game.

Huh? You mean the All-Star game in '97? That was NOT his career defining moment - at least not in the Sharks eyes.

Owen Nolan is one of only two players to have over 200 goals in a Sharks uniform, one of the best Captains in Sharks history, etc. Maybe the career numbers don't reflect how big of an impact he made on the Sharks and the San Jose community.

He may not have HOF numbers, but he will definitely be in the Bay Area HOF and eventually will have his # retired in SJ, though I'm sure their saving the first jersey banner for #12 whenever he retires.

I've never played an exhibition game. I'd like to, but injuries have pretty much sealed my hockey career - then again I never really had one. Played some street hockey (Back when Street hockey was actually played on the street and when you wore Roller Blades (Inline Skates). Come to think of it, it probably wasn't the smartest move considering the cul de sac I lived on had the rocky gravel type pavement. It was fun though. We tried to allow checking into cars, but that ended when one of the windows to the cars got shattered. :)

Today, we are all players who had their career-defining moment in a meaningless exhibition game.

Huh? You mean the All-Star game in '97? That was NOT his career defining moment - at least not in the Sharks eyes.

Owen Nolan is one of only two players to have over 200 goals in a Sharks uniform, one of the best Captains in Sharks history, etc. Maybe the career numbers don't reflect how big of an impact he made on the Sharks and the San Jose community.

He may not have HOF numbers, but he will definitely be in the Bay Area HOF and eventually will have his # retired in SJ, though I'm sure their saving the first jersey banner for #12 whenever he retires.

I've never played an exhibition game. I'd like to, but injuries have pretty much sealed my hockey career - then again I never really had one. Played some street hockey (Back when Street hockey was actually played on the street and when you wore Roller Blades (Inline Skates). Come to think of it, it probably wasn't the smartest move considering the cul de sac I lived on had the rocky gravel type pavement. It was fun though. We tried to allow checking into cars, but that ended when one of the windows to the cars got shattered. :)

That's basically all I remember him for. That and the :censored: NHL 94 Nordiques. Hated them.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's what everyone east of the Rocky Mountains will remember him for.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's what everyone east of the Rocky Mountains will remember him for.

Not me. I'll remember him for being a gritty prick on a gritty good Sharks team.

If hockey fans across the country don't remember Nolan for more than an All Star Game, then I don't know what to say. That's sad. I hated that guy, but I respect him. Hell of a hockey player.

Archived