"Fighting Sioux" gets a fighting chance

AndrewPF

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say that Pioneers is not an option. One of the hockey team's biggest rivals and conference affiliate is the Pioneers. I know many schools have the same nicknames as others, but I don't believe there is even a slight chance as that being a possibility.

Huge oversight on my part, I've been watching the WCHA most of my life! I love that cream ND concept above.

I like the concept ... for basketball uniforms.

But for hockey uniforms, yuck. They should have gone with the iterlocking ND. Or, even better, an outline of the state of North Dakota with the interlocking ND in it.

I expect the NCAA to try taking this to the courts...but not for what you might expect.

I'm thinking they might want to get that North Dakota state law declared unconstitutional...

bYhYmxh.png

Don't think they were going for this since I believed they designed these back when they thought the Sioux name was completely gone, but it has a temporary "until we get out of this rock and a hard place situation they are in with the state law and the NCAA" look.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

technically a downgrade, since the sioux logo is the best logo in all of college sports...

but i actually think these look damn sharp. i'd love to get my hands on one.

I think the letters are hurt by the double-outline. Makes it busier without making it any more interesting.

More than fair point, but how would you fix it then? Single outline may not work because the green and black could bleed into each other from far (or not even that far) away. Lighten the green?

I expect the NCAA to try taking this to the courts...but not for what you might expect.

I'm thinking they might want to get that North Dakota state law declared unconstitutional...

Unconstitutional on what grounds? Equal protection? Privileges and immunities? Substantive due process? Dormant commerce clause?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Unconstitutional on what grounds? Equal protection? Privileges and immunities? Substantive due process? Dormant commerce clause?

I don't think the NCAA would have standing to bring such a case.

I don't like these overall (but ironically I do like two things people above complained about: the double outline and the green yoke)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't like these overall (but ironically I do like two things people above complained about: the double outline and the green yoke)

I agree. I think the double outline and green yoke makes them pop. The uniforms would look really awful without them.

• 2 months later...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived