TCU Football wins the Fulmer Cup.

TFoA

Gotdamn!

"All of those arrested are drug dealers," TCU Police Chief Steven McGee said at a morning news conference.

The four players arrested are linebacker Tanner Brock; defensive lineman D.J. Yendry; offensive tackle Tyler Horn; and cornerback Devin Johnson, according to documents released Wednesday morning.

Brock, who missed the 2011 season with an injury, was the team's leading tackler in the 13-0 2010 season that ended with a Rose Bowl victory.

Some of the students were members of fraternities, but police said there was no indication that the fraternities themselves were involved.

Three students were arrested on campus early this morning, police said. The arrests were made calmly; no officers forced their way into dorms.

The drugs being sold, including in hand-to-hand transactions to undercover officers, included marijuana, cocaine, acid, ecstacy and prescription drugs, McGee said.

Fort Worth police said the investigation is ongoing and that more students could be arrested.

Also, it's rumored that the DEA was involved and federal charges may be filed. Wow. Lil B would be proud.

Supposedly TCU administered a surprise drug test at the start of the month (after recruits mentioned free flowing drugs). Supposedly large swaths of the team failed said drug test. And apparently they are arresting students right and left on campus today.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Supposedly TCU administered a surprise drug test at the start of the month (after recruits mentioned free flowing drugs). Supposedly large swaths of the team failed said drug test. And apparently they are arresting students right and left on campus today.

Yea. Patterson did it on LOI day, two weeks ago. I have talked to a few people who I know work there and they have said that it is a madhouse.

Two were arrested last week, so the number is at least 19.

The chief of the TCU campus police was a former Ft. Worth officer before going to TCU; in fact, TCU asst. chief was also on the Ft. Worth force. In reading the affidavit, all were ratted out by many and most were pretty brazen in selling more than pot.

Welcome to the Big XII :welcome:

I think of it more as them returning back to the Southwest Conference.

Currently, all arrested are "separated" from TCU, not expelled. Meaning, they are not allowed to attend classes, and those that live on campus cannot access their room. They all were given criminal trespass, so they legally cannot step foot on campus.

EDIT: I have been told that QB Casey Paschall and Tanner Brock were at one time roommates.

The arrest affidavits are online.

If Patterson administered drug tests two weeks ago, then he should have known how many players failed. Then these arrests. Would you call the time between him knowing the results of the test to the arrest of four players a "cover up"?

This is far from over.

I wouldn't. I'm sure the University had an idea that the Feds were sniffing around by that point, so your best bet is to just hand the tests over to them and let them take care of it.

Conversely, the Feds might have asked them to wait on publicizing to avoid spooking some of the dealers.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Currently, all arrested are "separated" from TCU, not expelled. Meaning, they are not allowed to attend classes, and those that live on campus cannot access their room. They all were given criminal trespass, so they legally cannot step foot on campus.

EDIT: I have been told that QB Casey Paschall and Tanner Brock were at one time roommates.

If Patterson administered drug tests two weeks ago, then he should have known how many players failed. Then these arrests. Would you call the time between him knowing the results of the test to the arrest of four players a "cover up"?

This is far from over.

how long before Gary Patterson is found to be covering up and is immediately fired and having TCU join OSU and Penn State in the Hall of Shame?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This is far from over.

how long before Gary Patterson is found to be covering up and is immediately fired and having TCU join OSU and Penn State in the Hall of Shame?

Nobody here or at OSU raped kids, jackass.

This should be bigger news than it seemingly is...

I'm just glad to see all the variations of TCU's uniforms are bringing in the right kind of kids.

Curiously, where's gdu?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Whoops!

Austin Carpenter, who was mistakenly named and pictured in an arrest warrant in connection with a TCU drug sting Wednesday, and a family lawyer are hoping for an apology and possibly more from Fort Worth police. Carpenter, 26, is the great-grandson of famed Dallas business leader John W. Carpenter, who has a local freeway named after him.

Carpenter, who never attended TCU, was wrongly accused. It wasn?t until after his name and photo were blasted all over the Internet did police realize and acknowledge the mistake, telling the Dallas-area man over the phone that they were sorry for the mix-up.

That isn?t good enough, Carpenter and a family attorney said Thursday.

In an interview Thursday evening, Carpenter said, "We want to get [the mistaken warrant and associated stories] off the Internet," referring to the warrant released by police that includes his photo.

He said he is "not understanding toward the cops" who made the error.

From numerous faculty/staff at TCU, I have been told the following:

1- The school started the investigation on their own after comments from concerned parents, young alumni, and due to drug/alcohol violations on campus. In the last five years, TCU has increased the number of beds on campus a great deal.

2- TCU contacted the Ft. Worth Police to assist with undercover officers for a sting operation. Both the TCU Police Chief and Asst. Chief are former Ft. Worth officers/detectives.

3- Patterson administered the Feb. 1 drug testing on his own. The story about losing a recruit over allegations of drug use is true.

4- Very few knew that arrest would come on Wednesday (Chancellor, TCU Police Chief, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs). Other members of the university's cabinet, the V.C. for Marketing/Communications and all department heads were alerted at about 3PM Tuesday afternoon that on-campus arrests would be made Wednesday morning.

Read more here: http://blogs.star-telegram.com/crime_time/2012/02/man-falsely-accused-in-tcu-sting-wants-apology.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://blogs.star-telegram.com/crime_time/2012/02/man-falsely-accused-in-tcu-sting-wants-apology.html#storylink=cpy

Local columnist Randy Galloway put it best:

And if you wanted the business-as-usual approach in college football, TCU could have announced in late January that three of the players had been removed from the roster for violations of school policy.

Again, no other explanation would have been needed due to privacy laws.

The announcement with Brock could have been "he is not returning to school." Because of his talent level, that would have caused a media stir, but his ankle injury, followed by a complex surgery, was serious enough that speculation would have centered on that.

All this could have happened in advance of the drug sting headlines that roared to the front this week. Except no football players would have had their faces flashed across TV and the newspapers.

With no football players arrested, the story loses immense steam.

It's an tidbit from a large article. The point is that we could've had a situation that the aforementioned Penn State attempted to conduct. That situation would be to quietly investigate and hope nothing slipped out. TCU's partnership with local police included trying to sting the dealers, build a case if you will. Logically, it makes sense to not go around screaming "WE FOUND DRUGS, WE FOUND DRUGS" while the real prize gets away with dealing. It's like shooting at the first deer you see when hunting.

From what I've heard, I have absolutely no issues with the way this drug problem is being handled: the right way. Better to air the dirty laundry now before letting the stink really take hold, I say. As for the Penn State comment before, that's just typical over-reaction from everyone wanting an "I broke the story!!!" plaque on their proverbial wall. Grow up, I say.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

+1. It's been fun to watch how the Big Texass Conference tries to keep the turd afloat.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived