My NHL Revamps

Midway

Hello there folks! Let's do a little brain exercise, shall we? Begin by closing your eyes, leaving your mind blank, and quickly thinking of any NHL franchise out on the ice. Now I'd like to think that the team you envisioned had a certain look, with certain details and aspects that you normally consider to be their "thing". It is how your mind pictured them after all. In fact it's a look that's kinda just been lodged there in your head ever since you can remember. In my series here, what I wanted to accomplish was portraying the common uniform look associated with each team to really give them an identity that I think lasts, retains a unique yet iconic design, and adjusts some ineffective ideas. So anyway let's get started! :hockeysmiley:

I guess it's easy to say to say the Tampa Bay Lightning have had some trouble establishing an identity lately, especially when management decided to oversimplify and go for a "classic" look. They have had some good designs in the past though, and I think this young franchise would benefit from reembracing black as their primary color, as well as a unique striping pattern to push their brand in the right direction. I'm pleased with my concept here but I still want to leave it open to your opinions, especially on whether or not to incorporate silver. C&C much appreciated

TBL2.png

Midway.png

This is amazing! I love the striping pattern especially. However, on the home, I'd use the same hem striping pattern as the away; in other words, put black at the bottom. Also, the logo in the centre (not on any of the jerseys, but in the centre of the image) is a bit pixellated.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That's a very good start.

I would reverse horizontally all your lightning stripes on your jersers (but not those on the arms). This would bring movement as well as make a perfect fit with the round shape of the bottom of the jerseys.

The rest is fine.

Update numero uno. I hope this addresses the striping issues looking more like Aztec patterns than bolts. For now I'll leave this and probably come back to this concept later on to figure out whether or not to add silver trim.

TBL3.png

Any thoughts?

Midway.png

Personally I'm not a big fan of the zig zag striping pattern. Especially on the hem. Maybe the arms you could get away with, but when its everywhere its just too much.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The people have spoken and the Senators are back in black. In this concept I wanted to integrate some specific elements from their history that I felt they should wear: the barberpole stripes, the more prominent use of gold, and the laurels. I'd also like to thank habsfan1 for allowing me to use his incredible updated Senator logo!

OTT3.png

Have at it!

Midway.png

I really like the Senators. That striping design is really sharp, and I love how the colors all play off each other, especially the gold.

I'm with bleuet on the back numbers of the white jersey. White numbers would stand out much better, and with a double outline they would be readable.

For the most part, the Senators look great. However, I have a few minor suggestions:

• Make the collar on the home red
  • Make the laces on the away white
  • Make the road numbers white
  • Scrap the gold inner outline on the numbers

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Minor tweaks to the Sens

OTT4.png

I'll also toss in what I think the Anaheim Ducks need to do in adopting green and orange with black trim as their colors, while scrapping their wordmark for their more recognizable webfoot D as the primary crest. I cut some of the fat on their excessive striping and darkened the green in some areas to balance out the colors but they could stand to be better adjusted...

ANA3.png

Midway.png

Archived