Baylor Basketball uniforms

rainmaker17

Our local sports radio show host (Craig Way) is at the Big XII tournament, and upon seeing Baylor warm up, described their look as "not to be believed." Apparently they are crazier than last night's look, and somehow involve "jungle cat green meets optic yellow." Sounds like an Oregon clone to me. We'll see.

newsig.jpg

Those neon green jerseys looked hideous.

Basketball uniforms just shouldn't be that loud.

Saw a few minutes of Baylor-Missouri last night - Baylor's numbers looked like they were glowing, on my TV at least. Very hard to read, very distracting...

someone should be fired...at adidas, Baylor, the designer, the polyester people who made the material, the people who dyed the materials.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Those neon green jerseys looked hideous.

Basketball uniforms just shouldn't be that loud.

Saw a few minutes of Baylor-Missouri last night - Baylor's numbers looked like they were glowing, on my TV at least. Very hard to read, very distracting...

Their green/yellow/black combo is more obnoxious than Oregon. Didn't think that was humanly possible! ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

terrible...looks like a cross between zebra stripes and camo...adidas should get out of the uniform business they suck

Yeah, it looks like a Vietnam era tiger camo pattern that Special Forces used to wear.

Awful. Stop it, Baylor.

LehQRaC.png

To be honest, I think adidas pulled off the highlighter effect much better than Nike did with Oregon's BCS 'ship football uniforms?but then, that may be because Baylor's uniforms bounced the highlighter off a much darker and muted base which really made the glow effect much more pronounced whereas Oregon's unis had a silver and white base which kinda lessened the effect.

But...I do understand some people around here hate on the Baylor uniforms simply because they were produced by adidas, which may as well be to the obnoxiously proud card-carrying members of the Swoosh Fanclub? what the color black long became to many uni observers around here: automatically horrible. But whatever...for the record, I actually like those Baylor sets, just as much if not more than those Oregon BCS 'ship sets.

(And aside from all that, I'll also say this: between this and Robert Griffin/Baylor football's rise to prominence this year, in addition to the pre-existing success of Britney Griner and the women's basketball program, has anyone else noticed that Baylor on the whole is making a helluva name for itself lately? That point shouldn't be lost on anyone.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(And aside from all that, I'll also say this: between this and Robert Griffin/Baylor football's rise to prominence this year, in addition to the pre-existing success of Britney Griner and the women's basketball program, has anyone else noticed that Baylor on the whole is making a helluva name for itself lately? That point shouldn't be lost on anyone.)

I blame TCU for not beating them in the football opener like they should've. It's not a mystery (to folks who follow recruiting, anyways) why Baylor men's basketball got so good so quick.

Do tell.

They get cush jobs for family members and AAU coaches of the players they are recruiting. Maybe more, but that much is definitely happening. Isn't it just a bit weird when recruits' final 3 are Duke, UK and Baylor (especially before Baylor was any good)?

You mad?? :P

Confirm your sources, please. (But do it over in the SiG forum...this one here's supposed toto be about uniforms and logos and stuff.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You mad?? :P

Confirm your sources, please. (But do it over in the SiG forum...this one here's supposed toto be about uniforms and logos and stuff.)

Not mad at all. They don't play my team in basketball, I have a degree from Baylor, and it isn't against the rules anyways (just a bit sleezy).

No need to confirm sources. It's common knowledge. If you don't want to believe it, that's your choice.

And this is tangentially related to uniforms. If they weren't doing dirty things to get good, they wouldn't have gotten special treatment.

Archived