Myrtle Beach Mermen!

Osborne

That sleeve patch is fantastic!

Thanks man, I didn't know whether to go shirtless or have him in a uniform... So I defaulted to shirtless since the original was.

I would have left him shirtless as well, and the anchor tattoo is a very nice touch.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Not a knock on your skills but the original wordmark has a better maritime feel to it just by the font choice and the swooshy underline in your version is a bit large so if you toned it down some it wouldn't draw as much attention. That's really all I have to say as this is already a solid look, especially the updated Merman.

Midway.png

Everything's good but on the primary with the undelining swoosh covering part of the trident-M, the trident gets lost and isn't obvious anymore. You could just underline "ermen". But then I think the M and "ermen" would become more detached since the ermen has no light blue and is much thinner. I think some tweaking of letters to make the M and ermen seem more unified would help. But Im being a little nit-picky since the overall design is nice.

the onmly problem here is the colour scheme. the colours aren't the ones used by the actual Mermen. the light blue is more paole and the navy is darker.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Love the concept! That show is hilarious, although I haven't seen the current season yet.

I like the take on the shoulder patch. The original is a bit more aggressive, which I like in a sports logo, but your version seems to say: "yeah, we play baseball, but we'd rather be drinking." It seems more tailored to Kenny Powers. I think the batting logo works better for a real team.

The word mark and logo are a similar story. The current set uses a more angular logo and word mark (and includes a custom font), which is more aggressive, and more reminiscent of an actual trident. Yours with rounded points and the barbs on the "M" arching down instead of up conveys a team that's less about victory and maybe more about dictating their memoirs.

All that said, I can see your logos being used by an actual minor league/semi-pro team. They tend to try and balance aggressiveness with family-friendly visual packages, and I think yours does that.

I prefer the slightly more aggressive look of the original, but your work, choice of colors and execution is great! Let's see some uniforms!

Grunge-Logos.png

I like the work you did, especially the stand-alone 'M' trident.

Gotta say, though, whenever I hear the word 'Mermen', I think of the kid from Bad Santa.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived