Cosmos NY

mcrosby

I've decided to update the former NASL cosmos identity in hopes that the MLS continues to expand (and successfully in NY). I loved the simplicity of the jersey released not long ago, but didn't feel like it connected enough to the previous era of the Cosmos. I added the vertical name and sash on the white.

As far as logo updates go, the changes aren't entirely noticable without a direct comparison to the previous logo. I've basically sharpened the points of the colored swirls, increased the weight on the outlines, and updated the soccer ball.

C&C PLEASE!

Old:

hey-ho-cosmos.gif

And my updates:

NYCosmos.png

I like the update to the lines on the logo, and I REALLY love the new jerseys (I would seriously have to consider buying the white ones). The only problems that I could see is sponsorship on the front of the jersey would be difficult to pull off if they went that route, and Adidas is currently ruining the jerseys in MLS. Otherwise, this is a striking update.

I really like what I'm seeing. Like someone else said, the subliminated wording on the front could get in the way of sponsorship logos, but that's not to say it's good-looking anyway.

I really like the secondary logo. Keep up the good work!

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Wow. What an awesome concept. It pays homage to the past as well as the future. I would buy one in a second.

If you can believe this, I saw my first Cosmos game out at Hofstra versus the St. Louis Stars and the Cosmos wore green with that yellow sash.

Wow. What an awesome concept. It pays homage to the past as well as the future. I would buy one in a second.

If you can believe this, I saw my first Cosmos game out at Hofstra versus the St. Louis Stars and the Cosmos wore green with that yellow sash.

I considered putting a yellow sash on the green shirt, or possibly a white sash. Any interest in seeing how that would look?

I've always preferred the Cosmos' plainer looks. Looks classier, and more refined. Fitting for arguably one of the most dominant soccer teams in American history. Right now, it's perfect. If there were any changes I would make, it would be to eliminate the green sash from the white jersey and subliminate the name right on the white, but that's just personal preference. Excellent job overall on this. If they were real, I'd totally grab a green one.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

can i see more blue and yellow on the jerseys?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Here's a change kit. I was torn between yellow and blue as the primary color. I settled on yellow for no real reason, and used the blue as trim color. I used the 'blades' from the logo to surround the skyline crest and add a bit of flair to the shirt. The collar reads "From the foot of Pelé", in impromptu motto of sorts I made up. The right shoulder has the Cny logo on it, I realize that soccer shirts don't usually have alternate logos on them but hey, this is 'Merica.

Picture58.png

And for kicks and giggles I made up a hat for Jay-Z to make famous.

Picture59.png

I'm liking the whole sublimated sash thing, but as others said, it doesn't work for sponsorship logos. Perhaps the sash could be a horizontal stripe instead, with the seal as the second O in COSMOS rather than the first. Seems like a good compromise to allow for sponsorship space.

And yes, Adidas is killing MLS unis. :(

rATMcmK.png

Archived