Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd have gone the full 10 years with Quick. Maybe six or seven.

The good thing for the Kings RIGHT NOW is that their big guys (Kopitar, Brown, Quick, Doughty, Richards, Carter) are locked up for a lonnnnnngggggggg time.

The bad thing for the Kings going forward is that their big guys are locked up for a lonnnnnnngggggggggg time. If they're not this impending dynasty some make them out to be, they're going to be in some trouble down the road. All locked up and nowhere to go.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flames continue to be the most baffling franchise in the NHL by resigning Cory Sarich to a 2-year deal, I fully expect Olli Jokinen to sign on, or before July 1st.

Also, this interesting piece of info. Martin Brodeur will test free agency. Toronto will probably be in on him, but how can New Jersey not be his first choice.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Flames continue to be the most baffling franchise in the NHL by resigning Cory Sarich to a 2-year deal, I fully expect Olli Jokinen to sign on, or before July 1st.

Also, this interesting piece of info. Martin Brodeur will test free agency. Toronto will probably be in on him, but how can New Jersey not be his first choice.

My bet is either they couldn't agree on $$, or he feels like he doesn't want to split time with Bernier or whoever they acquire, and instead go somewhere were he will be the definite #1 for the next season or two.

Or maybe he just wants to play in another town just for fun.

My bet is either they couldn't agree on $, or he feels like he doesn't want to split time with Bernier or whoever they acquire, and instead go somewhere were he will be the definite #1 for the next season or two.

Or maybe he just wants to play in another town just for fun.

That's like Johnny Unitas going to play for the Chargers, or Willie Mays going to Mets, or Michael Jordan going to the Wizards.

Its just going to look wrong to see him any uniform other then a Devils one. Especially at this stage of his career where there's really nothing left for him to do other then to pad his career stats and maybe win another cup, but that could be said about almost anybody.

Granted the Devils financial situation isn't the greatest (which would be putting it mildly), but there is going to be some major backlash if ownership lets him go.

It's probably just a ploy so NJ will fork over more money. I have 100% confidence that he'll be in Jersey next season

I hope this backfires on Marty and he finishes his career in some obscure uniform like the Sharks.

6uXNWAo.png

If Marty goes any where it will be Montreal

Based on what? It's free agency; people like to speculate, even "insiders", but nobody knows what is going to happen.

He should just go to Detroit. That's where old goalies at the end of their career go to win the Stanley Cup, so why not Marty?

FYP

Example 1a, Hasek, example 1b, Osgood

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

He should just go to Detroit. That's where old goalies at the end of their career go to win the Stanley Cup, so why not Marty?

FYP

Example 1a, Vernon, example 1b, Hasek, example 1c, Joseph,, example 1d, Hasek again (technically, he won one), example 1e, Osgood

FYP

FYP

Example 1a, Vernon, example 1b, Hasek, example 1c, Joseph,, example 1d, Hasek again (technically, he won one), example 1e, Osgood

FYP

What did all those guys have that Brodeur would not?

The rest of the team wasn't all guys almost as old as they were or some wet-eared prospect.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Get Jason Garrison and one more pretty good defenseman and this thing's ready to roll. Just in time for the season to be completely cancelled.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived