Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Oh, and I've been watching a lot of the NHL network recently, and they happen to employ the single most annoying man on the planet, and his name is Peter Loubardias. He talks slowly, it seems like he pauses too much, and his voice is just annoying. Plus, he has to call ever draftee "gentleman". I believe he used to be a play by play man for the Flames. Listening to him is painful

That he was.

I'm glad he has work though.

So the Flames picked quite weirdly today. Won't know how any of these guys pan out for like 5 years. A goalie in the third round is baffling. Also the Jets picked up Jonas Gustavsson from the Leafs. Probably alluding to the fact Pavelec is a major baby.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't augur well for Pavelec staying in North America. Also doesn't look good that Toronto dumped "The Monster" for a conditional seventh. Is he on a contract or did they just trade for expiring RFA rights? I remember when he was going to be the next big thing in Toronto, but in fairness, everyone is the next big thing in Toronto.

TSN said Pavelec had the play of the year with that one save. That wasn't even the best play the Jets had this year (5-1 odd-man rush against Florida).

I like this TV guy the Blackhawks drafted in theory, but we sure have a glut of forwards in the pipeline. Let's trade some for an established second-line center or Jarome Iginla.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That doesn't augur well for Pavelec staying in North America. Also doesn't look good that Toronto dumped "The Monster" for a conditional seventh. Is he on a contract or did they just trade for expiring RFA rights? I remember when he was going to be the next big thing in Toronto, but in fairness, everyone is the next big thing in Toronto.

He'll be a UFA. I actually think he can be a good backup goalie in the NHL once he escapes Toronto. Too much pressure was put on him to be the franchise's next great goalie and the media and fans just tore him to shreds; if he ends up with a small-market team, I think he'll do well.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Lightning acquire Benoit Pouliot's rights from Boston.

Well - I remember his acrobatic goal against Washington in the playoffs. I'm also of the understanding he's a major underachiever who never lived up to his potential from when (Minnesota?) drafted him back in 2005. Only a filler player and 5th round pick. Not sure what to make of that.

spacer.png

Too much pressure was put on him to be the franchise's next great goalie and the media and fans just tore him to shreds; if he ends up with a small-market team, I think he'll do well.

But that would mean Winnipeg didn't sign him.

Too much pressure was put on him to be the franchise's next great goalie and the media and fans just tore him to shreds; if he ends up with a small-market team, I think he'll do well.

But that would mean Winnipeg didn't sign him.

I know. And if Winnipeg does in fact sign him, he'll still be much better off than he was in Toronto.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like this. The Leafs have enough defensemen to make Schenn expendable. Plus, he gets the opportunity to play with his brother.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like this. The Leafs have enough defensemen to make Schenn expendable. Plus, he gets the opportunity to play with his brother.

It's the brothers' reunion weekend with the Staals and Schenns!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That will add some punch to the Leafs offense.

If he stays on the ice. He's had a lot of injury problems...

And Luke Schenn has been ungodly inconsistent.

Both are young, both have problems. It'll work out for both.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I know +/- is pretty much a garbage stat nowadays, but its extremely hard to hit this low that Leafs 6th rd pick Connor Brown achieved this season with the Erie Otters. Wow.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Toronto Maple Leafs have now traded Viktor Stalberg, Chris DiDomenico, Philippe Paradis, Francois Beauchemin, Tomas Kaberle, a 1st, two 2nds, and a 3rd.

FOR

James van Riemsdyk, Joe Colborne, John-Michael Liles, Joffrey Lupul, Tyler Biggs, Jake Gardiner, Stuart Percy, and Josh Leivo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Can anyone tell me about the players we aquired from the Canes for Staal? Anyone know about the playerswe got from the Coyotes for Michalek? I would appreciate any insight.

From the Carolina deal-

Sutter: good two way C, will be a good replacement on the 3rd line for Staal.

Dumoulin: Good Dman who went 2nd round in '09, and has top 4 upside.

Pouliot- Good puck moving defenseman, but small.

The guys you got from the Phoenix deal probably won't ever make the NHL.

A Sutter is a Sutter. I feel pretty good about him. Same for the D prospects we picked up. Good to know that we will have defensive depth (and/or tasty trade bait) for a few years now.

The Michalek trade, I believe, was solely to free up cap space. They have 15 million to spend now with guys like Parise available out there to be the big winger Sid's always needed.

Add on the addition of a good backup in Vokoun to A, take some of Fleury's copious starts, and B, give Fleury's psyche the kick in the ass it needs, and I feel pretty excited for October to come.

In Shero We Trust.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

How are you feeling about stay-at-home defensemen? Seems like the Pens are still kind of weak in that department. Wish the Hawks could help you there but we've got it just as bad if not worse. Seabrook and that's it, really.

Archived