Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Way to address your needs Scott Howson.....

Considering the Jackets don't have anything that even resembles a goalie right now, I'm not too upset about trading for a 23 year-old goalie.

But three picks? Including an important second rounder. I understand that he is 23, but Mason is 24. I don't see what makes them different, other than Bobrovsky didn't suck for two years.

Only thing that could worsen this would to see Howson sign him to an extension that Ondrej Pavelec wants.

EDIT - It's the 45th and 117th this year, and Phoenix's fourth next year.

I guess it's not that bad.

Yeah, also remember that he did post a 2.59 last year with the Flyers and has really only had one year of consistent playing opportunities. Mason's had four years of consistent playing opportunities and sucked in three of those.

Yes, but also with a 3.02/.898 line last year playing with the Flyers' D in front of him. Sure, he didn't get consistent playing time, but on the flip side, he didn't have the pressure to be a true number one on his shoulders. Now imagine that thrust into Columbus with the expectation of being the franchise goaltender and having a pathetic defense in front of him.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flyers would be stupid to trade Schenn. He will be as good as Ryan. Offense isn't even the issue for the Flyers, they need to focus on their back end.

The Flyers have liked Ryan forever. He grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ and his dad and Bob Clarke were good friends. The Flyers are in on him, Nash and Parise, so they're looking to add another scorer besides Giroux and all the young guys. Jagr may not be back, Briere only shows up in the playoffs and Hartnell disappeared during them. Everyone knows they need defense, and it looks like Carle will re-sign, but Pronger's status is still up in the air, Suter says he doesn't want to come to the Eastern Conference, Weber's a RFA, and guys like Hal Gill or Bouwmeester have their weaknesses, so they're trying to get up to #6 to take Dumba or Reinhart...

If the rumours are indeed true.

Yakupov won't be taken number one, or two. And the Oilers really covet Griffin Reinhart over Ryan Murray.

What rumors?

and if the Oilers for some reason pass on Nail, why wouldn't Columbus take him?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yakupov won't be taken number one, or two. And the Oilers really covet Griffin Reinhart over Ryan Murray.

What rumors?

I'm not exactly sure what he's talking about, but I heard CBJ liked Forsberg quite a bit.

What rumors?

According to Portzline, CBJ really like Murray, Galchenyuk, and even Forsberg potentially over Yakupov.

Manchester-City-icon.png

What rumors?

I'm not exactly sure what he's talking about, but I heard CBJ liked Forsberg quite a bit.

I saw it on Twitter. All they are is rumors and I doubt they'll come to fruition, we shall see.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If the Oilers were stupid enough to pass up om Yakupov, why would they draft Murray (or whoever) first instead of trading down?

Anyways my top-5 prediction:

Oilers: Yakupov. You simply can't draft by position this high in the draft, and there seem to be no teams willing to trade up.

Blue Jackets: Murray

Habs: Galchenyuk

Islanders: Rielly

Leafs: Forsbrg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

We are dealing with Steve Tambellini here.

Anyways I've learned. Bigger the Draft day hype, the more likely nothing happens. Oilers will take Yak, and they'll just pick a defenseman first overall next year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What rumors?

Oh, stop the teasing. :P

There's no way that these moves are going to happen.

Bold prediction: history will repeat itself and Forsberg will be traded on draft day.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Mike Ribiero traded to Washington.

So far it's Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk, Reinhart. I'm 4/4 so far, but that'll probably go downhill very quickly.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived