Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

7 years, 6.5 per for Karlsson. Thats alot of money for him.

As someone who never misses a Sens game, I'd have to say that this is a pretty good deal for Ottawa. This guy has a great shot and some unreal speed. In my opinion, he's clearly worth $6.5 million right now and may be worth a lot more than that in 2-3 years. He's kept improving his game ever since he's gotten here, he's a Norris candidate who led all NHL defencemen in scoring last year at the age of 21, and he has all the tools to be a frighteningly good NHL defenceman.

thecatch.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lupul had better be up for the Mastrson.

Karlsson should win it. Weber will win it.

I'd say vice versa.

Does anyone know when they release the First and Second All-Star teams as well as the All Rookie Team? Is it the day of the awards?

Lupul is up for the Masterson. Along with Max Pacioretty and Daniel Alfredsson.

the all deserve it I think Pacioretty deserves it most. (Come on a 6'9 300lb monster almost killed him) also Im a Habs fan

Exposgotrobbed94.png

Never Forget 1994

expostimeline.png

Lincecum Eephus Pitch

The 2012-13 NHL Schedule will be released on Thursday according to Preds GM Poile.

If the schedule does get released, that means that there's going to be no relocation of teams for next season. As soon as the schedule gets released, that's when every team starts getting all the particulars of road trips in order and the owners of these arenas continue filling dates around the hockey games.

7 years, 6.5 per for Karlsson. Thats alot of money for him.

As someone who never misses a Sens game, I'd have to say that this is a pretty good deal for Ottawa. This guy has a great shot and some unreal speed. In my opinion, he's clearly worth $6.5 million right now and may be worth a lot more than that in 2-3 years. He's kept improving his game ever since he's gotten here, he's a Norris candidate who led all NHL defencemen in scoring last year at the age of 21, and he has all the tools to be a frighteningly good NHL defenceman.

I have no doubts about how good he is, and I like the length of the contract, he will only get better. I just think 6.5 is high for such a young defenseman who doesnt penalty kill thats all. If he can round out his game it could be a good deal.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The 2012-13 NHL Schedule will be released on Thursday according to Preds GM Poile.

If the schedule does get released, that means that there's going to be no relocation of teams for next season. As soon as the schedule gets released, that's when every team starts getting all the particulars of road trips in order and the owners of these arenas continue filling dates around the hockey games.

At this point due to the impending lockout there is approximately 0.0001% chance the complete intended schedule will actually take place though.

Not saying that this means we will see relocation later, just that with serious future revisions practically inevitable the possibilty cannot be ruled out.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

At this point due to the impending lockout there is approximately 0.0001% chance the complete intended schedule will actually take place though.

Not saying that this means we will see relocation later, just that with serious future revisions practically inevitable the possibilty cannot be ruled out.

It'll be interesting to see if the NHL asked the schedule maker to create the schedule a certain way, a la what the NFL did for the 2011 season.....i.e., front-load a bunch of interconference games (and/or have a ton of off days for teams early on) and back-load more of the divisional games.

If the released schedule looks to be "ordinary", that could speak volumes about how confident (as in, not very) the NHL believes they'll be playing a season.

It'll be interesting to see if the NHL asked the schedule maker to create the schedule a certain way, a la what the NFL did for the 2011 season.....i.e., front-load a bunch of interconference games (and/or have a ton of off days for teams early on) and back-load more of the divisional games.

If the released schedule looks to be "ordinary", that could speak volumes about how confident (as in, not very) the NHL believes they'll be playing a season.

I would assume that there are multiple schedules already made.

The first one to be released will be a normal one and if needed another will be released.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I would assume that there are multiple schedules already made.

The first one to be released will be a normal one and if needed another will be released.

If I recall correctly, the 2005-06, 2006-07 and 2007-08 NHL Seasons were similar to what HedleyLamarr has described. there was a greater emphasis on divisional opponent match-ups in the latter half of the season during those seasons after the lockout. However, the League reverted to the pre-lockout schedule in the 2008-09 Season, which eliminated the three-year rotation of teams playing inter-conference games against teams from two divisions within that conference and ensured that each team plays every other team at least once. The schedule format was modified slightly as games against a divisional opponent decreased from 8 (4 Home, 4 Away: 2005 - 08) to 6 (3 Home, 3 Away: 2009 - onward), for a total of 24 games; games against non-division opponents in the teams conference stayed the same at 4 (2 Home, 2 Away), for a total of 40 games; and inter-conference games increased from 10 (5 Home, 5 Away: 2005 - 08) to 18 (9 Home, 9 Away: 2009 - onward).

Top prospects (not in this picture) and some kids played a street game on the Clemente Bridge today.

205359_10151199979153765_6180936_n.jpg

Pretty cool. That bridge gets hot as all hell and it's 90 degrees today, but still pretty cool.

oBIgzrL.png

I got bored on my day off and made a mock draft. Much easier for the NHL, then it is the NFL.

1. Edmonton – F Nail Yakupov, Sarnia

2. Columbus – D Ryan Murray, Everett

3. Montreal – F Filip Forsberg, Leksands

4. NY Islanders - F Mikhail Grigiorenko, Quebec

5. Toronto – F Alex Galchenyuk, Sarnia

6. Anaheim – D Matt Dumba, Red Deer

7. Minnesota – D Griffin Reinhart, Edmonton

8. Carolina – F Radek Faksa, Kitchener

9. Winnipeg – F Teuro Teravainen, Jokerit

10. Tampa Bay – D Morgan Rielly, Moose Jaw

11. Washington – F Zemgus Girgensons, Dubuque

12. Buffalo – D Jacob Trouba, USA U-18

13. Dallas – D Slater Koekkoek, Peterborough

14. Calgary – D Olli Maatta, London

15. Ottawa – D Cody Ceci, Ottawa

16. Washington – D Hampus Lindholm, Rogle

17. San Jose – D Derrick Pouliot, Portland

18. Chicago – F Tom Wilson, Plymouth

19. Tampa Bay – F Sebastian Collberg, Frolunda

20. Philadelphia – D Matt Finn, Guelph

21. Buffalo – F Brandon Gaunce, Belleville

22. Pittsburgh – F Tomas Hertl, Slavia

23. Florida – F Colton Sissons, Kelowna

24. Boston – D Brady Skjei, USA U-18

25. St Louis – F Pontus Aberg, Djurgardens

26. Vancouver – F Stefan Matteau, USA U-18

27. Phoenix – G Malcolm Subban, Belleville

28. NY Rangers – F Henrik Samuelsson, Edmonton

29. New Jersey – F Scott Laughton, Oshawa

30. Los Angeles – D Dalton Thrower, Saskatoon

Want to see how close I get to the actual thing.

As much as I'd love to see Grigs fall to 14. I doubt he falls by Winnipeg at 9, though he could be the Cam Fowler of this year, and someone could steal him in the early teens.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How can you be the top defenseman in the league when you dont kill penalties?

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Bobby Mac saying Bobby Ryan is available again.

Link.

Just as stupid to do this now as it was when it was rumored during the season. Unless we're trading for Suter/Weber, I don't want it. Why break up one of the best lines in hockey?

I feel kinda bad for Bobby. He's been jerked around by the Ducks ever sInce he was drafted. Down in the AHL, up in the NHL, on the first line, on the fourth, on the second, on the third, on the power play, on the penalty kill, long term deal, short term deal, trade bait, not trade bait... And all he's done is taken it in stride and been the Ducks most consistently good player.

Bob Murray, you are an idiot.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Ducks are too swift to give up on their core. I don't get it.

That team is starting to feel like Hurricanes West. They just sort of go about their business with no readily discernible plan, but it's okay because they won a Stanley Cup a while ago, in case anyone forgot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Because he had a million points so he didn't have to

Isnt the primary function of a defenseman to....defend?

Rolling the end of show credits through Malkin's Hart Trophy acceptance speech...

OITGNDHL

Defense seems to be overrated when handing out the Norris lately. Last year Lidstrom won it with a minus 2.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived