Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Las Vegas actually makes so much sense.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=6525

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the talk of setting up 7 or so team western conference in the AHL? It seemed like a good idea and would be more accommodating to the teams on the west coast.

1. What West Coast? It's Abbotsford and then the Texas 3 and OKC.

2. There are never enough AHL franchises on the market to make the move in numbers that a financially viable. The Heat only survive because Abbotsford has been pulling a "Glendale Lite" for their entire existence.

I was reffering to the teams in the NHL on the West Coast.

Hey guys,I was just thinking of a team who could use a young forward. Phenoix!They could give the Oilers Yandle for Yakupov. Yandle is the most under-rated defenseman in the game. a great 2 way player, he is the best defenseman the oil can afford. besides Jake gardiner.

Hey guys,I was just thinking of a team who could use a young forward. Phenoix!They could give the Oilers Yandle for Yakupov. Yandle is the most under-rated defenseman in the game. a great 2 way player, he is the best defenseman the oil can afford. besides Jake gardiner.

There's no way the Oilers would give up a future superstar for a good defenseman.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What happened to the talk of setting up 7 or so team western conference in the AHL? It seemed like a good idea and would be more accommodating to the teams on the west coast.

1. What West Coast? It's Abbotsford and then the Texas 3 and OKC.

2. There are never enough AHL franchises on the market to make the move in numbers that a financially viable. The Heat only survive because Abbotsford has been pulling a "Glendale Lite" for their entire existence.

Map courtest Icethetics

uJRHg.png

What does Abbotsford have bad gas, it looks like they are all scrunched in the corner keeping their distance.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A thought: the Michigan legislature just passed a temporary liquor license for the Big House so they can serve at the Winter Classic. If the season, or even just the season up through the Winter Classic, has to be cancelled, and the NHL pulls a monumental weekend of tourism out from under poor beleaguered southeastern Michigan because the Carolina Hurricanes are paying too much for Jiri Tlusty, you might as well shut the whole damn thing down forever, because nobody's ever going to do a favor for you again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If by "bad gas" you mean "a gaseous byproduct of meth production," then yes!

You're thinking of Hope, which is about 45 minutes east. It's the most ironically named town in BC, in a neck and neck race with Merritt.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Carolina's making a bid for Nash, and apparently are going to make a run for Parise too. Since when do they spend money?

They're doing it the wrong way.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Nashville has traded Anders Lindback, Kyle Wilson, and a 7th (2012) to the Tampa Bay Lightning for two 2nds (2012), a 3rd (2013), and Sebastien Caron.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398464

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Lightning gave up picks 37 and 50 for a backup goalie and an indistinguishable Predator forward. Not what I would've done with a weak farm system, but I'm not the great Steve Yzerman.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lightning gave up picks 37 and 50 for a backup goalie and an indistinguishable Predator forward. Not what I would've done with a weak farm system, but I'm not the great Steve Yzerman.

If only they didn't let their career backup go to Phoenix this year...

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Nashville has traded Anders Lindback, Kyle Wilson, and a 7th (2012) to the Tampa Bay Lightning for two 2nds (2012), a 3rd (2013), and Sebastien Caron.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398464

I like the trade for the Bolts. Interested in seeing how well Lindback performs this upcoming season. Still, think Tampa Bay should at some point in the draft, pick up a goalie to develop. Malcolm Subban is a name that jumps to mind right away. He'd be someone I could see them taking but I don't think they would use their first round pick on a goalie. I could be wrong.

Archived