Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

I don't know how a league can survive two full lockouts in less than eight years.

If only a new league could be formed, minus the two jackasses running either side.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how a league can survive two full lockouts in less than eight years.

Exactly. I'm just getting frustrated with this. I'm not saying it's 100% Bettman's fault, but he should've been gone after the last lockout. I mean the league isn't like the NBA where they can miss say half a year and be fine in terms of relevance. If at least one game is cancelled from the schedule next year, Bettman should be gone. (I know I sound kinda like Tank, but the fan in me is just frustrated with this)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Exactly. I'm just getting frustrated with this. I'm not saying it's 100% Bettman's fault, but he should've been gone after the last lockout. I mean the league isn't like the NBA where they can miss say half a year and be fine in terms of relevance. If at least one game is cancelled from the schedule next year, Bettman should be gone. (I know I sound kinda like Tank, but the fan in me is just frustrated with this)

He already lost a half year in 94-95 and one full under his watch, and it looks almost certain that 2012-13 won't start on time. It just baffles me, and then us hockey purists wonder why this league is fourth among the "Big Four".

Don Fehr can only make it worse.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The one to fear here is Donald Fehr, the Executive Director of the NHLPA.

Exactly.

I havent heard much from either side yet about any specifics that they hope to get from a new CBA. I'd like to think that this would be a relatively painless process, and with Paul Kelly in charge it may very well have been but with Bettman and especially Fehr sitting at the table Im not optimistic.

Rumor here in Philly (NBC10) that the Flyers are trying to acquire Rick Nash and want to include JVR in the deal, but JVR has a torn labrum and keeps delaying the surgery so the team can't trade him... <_<

Haha, I can't wait to see what lengths various Flyers will go to in order not to be traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets. I heard Chris Pronger faked a career-ending injury.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't understand this Nash to Philly rumor. As evidenced in the playoffs, it's not offense that the Flyers need. They need better defense to try and limit what's getting put on that loveable headcase in between the pipes. I'd rather have JVR for the future too, rather than Nash and the salary he'd bring (especially considering the cap problems they had last year that have made the Kings a a Cup contender <_< )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't understand this Nash to Philly rumor. As evidenced in the playoffs, it's not offense that the Flyers need. They need better defense to try and limit what's getting put on that loveable headcase in between the pipes. I'd rather have JVR for the future too, rather than Nash and the salary he'd bring (especially considering the cap problems they had last year that have made the Kings a a Cup contender <_< )

Maybe Bryz is part of the deal? But to me, Philly really needs a guy like Chris Pronger...

Manchester-City-icon.png

Unrelated to the whole Philly-Nash talk, but I heard a Leafs fan say that they should trade Schenn for the first overall pick. Heehee.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Maybe Bryz is part of the deal? But to me, Philly really needs a guy like Chris Pronger...

Bryz is still a good goalie, and he's better than anything else Philly has. He's not going to be traded.

Sharks fans remind me of Cubs fans w/r/t drafting and development. They sit there weeping about how they're so cursed and doomed to fail, but when anyone suggests that perhaps maybe this curse has something to do with how the team is operated, and perhaps it might be advantageous to build a real organization and not a top-heavy house of cards that can't do more than beat up on bad teams, they get indignant and say excuse me but that's not the way we do it here. Maybe it should be? I mean, beyond this parallel, in the grand scheme of things, the Sharks are not the Chicago Cubs. I get why the Cubs kept half-assedly Going For It because of the pressure. Is it as if one really bad Sharks season will kill the team forever?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Eh, not the worst trade in the world for the Sharks, but we need to upgrade the scoring/offense. That doomed them down the stretch from the division title and especially in the playoffs.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived