Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a joke, guys. I don't think he works in ass-play anthropology, either. Should be safer than it is to say that Tim Thomas is an idiot.

If you're saying he's an idiot because he is skippinga year, fine. If you're saying he's an idiot because he has his opinion on the global economy, which, if you haven't seen the news in the last four years isn't exactly in great shape, then thats debatable.

I agree it's kind of both, but while I see a global depression as a possibility, I don't think it's going to get so bad humanity goes back to the barter and trade era either like those panic-mongers he linked too say. There are too many rational actors abroad with too much to lose to let it get that far.

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, which team that is struggling to hit the salary floor is going to get a free $5 million cap hit come July 1 courtesy of Thomas and the Bruins? Florida? Columbus? the Islanders?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyway, which team that is struggling to hit the salary floor is going to get a free $5 million cap hit come July 1 courtesy of Thomas and the Bruins? Florida? Columbus? the Islanders?

Fair enough on your comments above the break; to keep thread moving, I'm gonna say Columbus or the Islanders.

Though Party City might sponsor Thomas's roster spot on the Panthers - right, admiral? :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

Good luck making a comeback as a 39 year-old after a calendar year off, Timmy.

On a side note, it's hard to believe that the draft is less than three weeks away. If Burke even thinks about trading the Leafs' pick, I swear to my life I'll go all Mike-Milbury-MSG-1979 on him.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

Well, at least he'll be able to carve out a nice little niche for himself on "Doomsday Preppers".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Pens apparently know where to shop for backup goaltenders, Brent Johnson came to the Pens from Washington, and now presumably Vokoun will too.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=633705

It will be interesting to see if he signs there because Vokoun is a starter and could go to Chicago, Toronto or Tampa and be the #1.

TSN Link

EDIT: He just signed a 2 year deal.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Β 

The Pens apparently know where to shop for backup goaltenders, Brent Johnson came to the Pens from Washington, and now presumably Vokoun will too.

It will be interesting to see if he signs there because Vokoun is a starter and could go to Chicago, Toronto or Tampa and be the #1.

TSN Link

Pens sign Vokoun to a two year deal

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633707&cmpid=pit-twt-pghpenguins

TSN Link

Pens sign Vokoun to a two year deal

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633707&cmpid=pit-twt-pghpenguins

You're welcome I guess. I can see the future headlines now: "Ex-Cap Vokoun shuts out Washington", "Vokoun stymies late Caps rally", and "Backup Vokoun carries Pens past Caps in 7".

Oh the horror.

As much as i've loved Thomas' time in Boston, and winning the cup, it makes it very hard for me to LOVE the guy as much as I did last week now, after him just walking away. It leaves a bitter taste to say the least...

Its not like he is leaving the Bruins in a lurch, they do have Tuukka Raask, and he told them soon enough they did not do any thing to get rid of Raask.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As much as i've loved Thomas' time in Boston, and winning the cup, it makes it very hard for me to LOVE the guy as much as I did last week now, after him just walking away. It leaves a bitter taste to say the least...

Its not like he is leaving the Bruins in a lurch, they do have Tuukka Raask, and he told them soon enough they did not do any thing to get rid of Raask.

Agreed. It's more about how he's leaving, than what he's leaving. I just want the guy to be transparent...

Found this today. Possibly one of the greatest hockey photos ever.

560589_465895386769834_1290872431_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

Got Pavel Bure, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Kariya, Jaromir Jagr, Mario Lemieux, Eric Lindros, and Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe.

Quite the photo!

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

It all depends on which Tuukka Rask shows up. Thomas could actually be helping the Bruins more than he knows. Don't be surprised to see a team trade for him this summer; they would get a $5M cap hit to help get them to the floor and they wouldn't actually have to pay the salary.

Archived