Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

I can't believe Aucoin is still in this league. When he was with the Blackhawks, he looked like he was on the verge of being attritioned out. He's hung around quite a while since then.

Foligno for Methot looks like a good trade, but Foligno's worth may have been inflated by his D partner, you never know.

Foligno's a forward...

oh CRAP I was thinking of the other guy who went somewhere else. goddamn heatstroke. It's too hot for hockey.

Kuba going to Florida?

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leafs can't pay people to come to Toronto. :mad:

Did you really think Marty was ever to leave New Jersey, let alone for a pathetic franchise like the Leafs who are the only NHL team not to make the playoffs since the Lock out.

Did you really think I was talking about a 40 year old goalie? Well I wasn't. Marty better get his money upfront before the Devils start bouncing checks.

Torres gets 21 games for his hit in the playoffs.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not hating any of the Wings' signings so far— especially knowing that we seem to be front-runners for Suter. Tootoo was, uh, interesting, and so was Samuelsson. Could shake things up, which is what we need. Gustavsson could be a huge signing for us, though. I'm excited to see how that one pans out, now that he'll be playing for a real team :P

I doubt we'll get both Parise and Suter (cap issues) but it sounds like Holland is willing aggressively pursue other options to get another scorer on the ice (hopefully not the inexplicably-ever-so-expensive Nash).

Jesse Rogers, ESPN's blackhawks "guy," feels it's going to come down to Devils/Blackhawks for the rights to Parise.

Now that I've said that, within 5 minutes he's going to sign with Pittsburgh/Philly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You guys are all missing out on the huge news that the Jets signed Ponikarovsky to a one-year deal for $1.8M

Glass to Pittsburgh, C Mason to Nashville.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jesse Rogers, ESPN's blackhawks "guy," feels it's going to come down to Devils/Blackhawks for the rights to Parise.

Now that I've said that, within 5 minutes he's going to sign with Pittsburgh/Philly.

Was just gonna come here and post that...

We'll see tonight...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Saw that and was pretty surprised actually. I want expecting the Hawks to make a play for Parise, but hearing that they're closer has me really excited.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Gustavsson could be a huge signing for us, though. I'm excited to see how that one pans out, now that he'll be playing for a real team :P

As I was saying before, Gustavsson should play much better now that he's out of Toronto. He was hung out to dry by his defense far too many times, making him look worse than he actually was (something that will obviously change this time around). The media and fans tore him to shreds last year, which only made matters worse for the guy. Now that he has a fresh start with lower expectations and isn't seen as the future #1/saviour, he'll do fine.

Oh, and it's "Goose-tahv-sun", not "Gus-tiv-sin". cool.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Jiri Hudler agrees to 4 year, $16 million contract with Calgary Flames. 4yrs x $4 mil.

EDIT: Not necessarily who I figured would be at the top of Feaster's list, so this sort of leaves me scratching my head. But, at the same time, it's nice to see the Flames actually get in on some action this time around.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Jiri Hudler agrees to 4 year, $16 million contract with Calgary Flames. 4yrs x $4 mil.

EDIT: Not necessarily who I figured would be at the top of Feaster's list, so this sort of leaves me scratching my head. But, at the same time, it's nice to see the Flames actually get in on some action this time around.

I hope he does something reckless and retarded in one of those four games he was given back so that maybe it can be the end of him for good. Coyotes needed a quick little handjob from the league after Whitney called them out for not offering him enough money, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Eklund is reporting that the Parise decision is imminent...

I expect to hear something next week.

Don't get mad if he was wrong - it was only an E3!

(And yes, that is sarcasm)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I hope he does something reckless and retarded in one of those four games he was given back so that maybe it can be the end of him for good. Coyotes needed a quick little handjob from the league after Whitney called them out for

not offering him enough money, I guess.

Wait I'm confused. Didn't he get 25 games for it, and he had served some of the games already?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

He got 25 games and served twelve. He had thirteen left. Bettman took four off the remaining thirteen because Torres didn't have a history of doing this same hit on everyone.

I hope he does something reckless and retarded in one of those four games he was given back so that maybe it can be the end of him for good. Coyotes needed a quick little handjob from the league after Whitney called them out for

not offering him enough money, I guess.

Wait I'm confused. Didn't he get 25 games for it, and he had served some of the games already?

The players association appealed his suspension and it was reduced by 4 games because of reasons.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If it's indeed because of union pressure, that's pathetic, but unsurprising. The amoral bean counters who run the union look at it this way:

Premise: A player has grievously injured another player!

1) The injured player is getting paid.

2) The replacement for the injured player is playing and getting paid.

3) The injurious player is not playing and not getting paid.

Ergo: The injurious player is in the worst situation and thus in most need of advocacy.

Until the union stands up for guys who get hurt on the job, they're as much a part of the concussion problem as anyone or anything.

Archived