Baseball Throwbacks and Special Event Jerseys

mania

did i miss that the brewers have a gold alternate this year? i don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere, but it's listen on MLB Shop.

That was last season:

091011_Brewers-Uniforms_400.jpg

The team is still selling them, but I haven't heard confirmation that they'll actually be worn. They could be holding on to them for a last-minute addition.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wish other teams would do what the Brewers do, and do other jerseys than just Spanish.

Many countries and players from countries have made baseball great.

I'm really surprised they haven't done a Japanese jersey with the influx of Japanese players over the years. I think that would be cool, but since that only panders to one country, rather than Spanish pandering to alot of countries, it might not happen.

I bet if the Mets did an Italian jersey and Irish jersey, they would sell better than the "los mets" jerseys.

i think something clicked for the mets last year (and maybe majestic, for that matter), because the blue los mets and the gold cerveceros jerseys really started a trend of a special addition jersey that's actually looked different. i think the appeal of a special edition jersey makes a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint, provided it is distinct from the usual look. why would anyone buy the "los mets" version of the snow white jersey? no reason to. but the blue los mets with the orange head spoon and cuffs? that is more attractive.

speaking of, did i miss that the brewers have a gold alternate this year? i don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere, but it's listen on MLB Shop.

They may just be the left over stock from last season. MLBShop will leave them up for sale most of the time.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

did i miss that the brewers have a gold alternate this year? i don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere, but it's listen on MLB Shop.

That was last season:

The team is still selling them, but I haven't heard confirmation that they'll actually be worn.

that's right. i remember now. thanks, gotham!

sig2024.png

Yeah, but there is for all the ethnic jerseys they've worn so far, or are planning I wear.

Persoanlly, I think the "ethnic jersey" thing is silly at best, but if they're going to to do it they might as well tie in to something worthwhile.

I think it's silly too, but yeah, at least the Brewers could claim to be honoring a Milwaukee civic tradition if they trotted out a jersey for every ethnicity that has a festival on the lake. If nothing else, it'd be interesting to see what they came up with for Pride Fest or Afro World Fest, and for Indian Summer, they could just wear their blue "Milwaukee" tops.

If anyone does a Japanese jersey, it should be the Dodgers, because of Tommy Lasorda.

I don't get the reference.

But the Dodgers should avoid this silly nonsense altogether. A beautiful jersey like theirs shouldn't be subject to crass posturing.

Because Tommy Lasorda is well known for bridging the gap between American baseball and Japanes baseball. He even recieved an award from the Japanese government for his contributions to Japanes baseball.

The Brewers were originally going to use Birraoli for their Italian jerseys, but it got pointed out that that basically means beer drinkers, so instead they're going with Birrai.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• 3 weeks later...

That was last season:

The team is still selling them, but I haven't heard confirmation that they'll actually be worn. They could be holding on to them for a last-minute addition.

I hope they bust those babies out this season again. They are very nice

That was last season:

I hope they bust those babies out this season again. They are very nice

The shade of gold looks much nicer on the field than it does in graphics. On the motherboard, the gold looks like an ugly beige. This is a perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a uniform until you see it in action.

The St. Paul Colored Gophers? Safe to say the Negro League had some interesting team names to beat the band.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

That Red Sox jersey is beautiful. That's going on my wish list.

+1

That and the hat

I'm indifferent to the hat (love the modern B), but that jersey is a thing of beauty. My god, they should've never, ever changed that.

spacer.png

must get Philadelphia A's hat when released. :grin:

Mickey's Place in Cooperstown has them for sale.

http://www.mickeysplace.com/philadelphia-19311949-cooperstown-collection-p-1878.html

PHA32.JPG

I'm a bit worried that Majestic and New Era are using a navy blue when game-worn examples from that era seem to be more of a royal blue.

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=14905

14941f_lg.jpeg

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=22789

4680A_med.jpeg

I'm a bit worried that Majestic and New Era are using a navy blue when game-worn examples from that era seem to be more of a royal blue.

It depends what year they're representing.

The A's seem to have worn royal from the 1930s through 1950:

al_1950_philadelphia.gif

For their last couple years in Philadelphia, they switched to navy:

al_1951_philadelphia.gif

Archived