Baseball Throwbacks and Special Event Jerseys

mania

Alright, just put together a listing of all the one-offs and throwbacks that I could find on my blog, along with real photos and official graphics (for the throwbacks, if the team hadn't released a picture, I didn't look for an era-appropriate one, although I considered it).

The reason I'm posting this here is... did I miss any? Some teams advertised all of their turn back the clock events, while other teams didn't, to the extent that I had to kind of get lucky with google and other references to make sure I got them all. I figured if any group of people would know if I forgot a team, it would be this group.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the White Sox wear green jerseys for their annual Halfway to St. Patrick's Day promotion (yes, seriously).

I know the Mets wore St. Patty's jerseys this year and I know the BoSox have worn them, but I'm not sure if you include Spring Training jerseys.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Some day I'll get my hands on a German, Spanish, and the new Italian jersey. (hoping they do a Polish jersey soon, round off the representation of MIlwaukee ethnicities)

Ahem - Norwegian!

Seriously, though: Irish.

And why the hell aren't these timed to the corresponding festivals whenever possible? C'mon, guys, this is the easy part. A win-win.

The Brewers Italian jersey this year will say Birraioli not Birraroli. Good write up for everyone. I'll be back to look for pics as they're added.

I'm holding out until the Brewers have a jersey that is written in Hebrew!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Really wish other teams would do what the Brewers do, and do other jerseys than just Spanish.

Many countries and players from countries have made baseball great.

I'm really surprised they haven't done a Japanese jersey with the influx of Japanese players over the years. I think that would be cool, but since that only panders to one country, rather than Spanish pandering to alot of countries, it might not happen.

I bet if the Mets did an Italian jersey and Irish jersey, they would sell better than the "los mets" jerseys.

2ly2w09.jpg

Some day I'll get my hands on a German, Spanish, and the new Italian jersey. (hoping they do a Polish jersey soon, round off the representation of MIlwaukee ethnicities)

Ahem - Norwegian!

Seriously, though: Irish.

And why the hell aren't these timed to the corresponding festivals whenever possible? C'mon, guys, this is the easy part. A win-win.

Exactly what I was thinking... although there's not a Norwegian or Scandinavian festival on the schedule.

You list the Twins throwbacks as "Minneapolis Miners". I am pretty sure it's the "Millers" unless there is some short-lived team or a short-lived name change I am unaware of.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Really wish other teams would do what the Brewers do, and do other jerseys than just Spanish.

Many countries and players from countries have made baseball great.

I'm really surprised they haven't done a Japanese jersey with the influx of Japanese players over the years. I think that would be cool, but since that only panders to one country, rather than Spanish pandering to alot of countries, it might not happen.

I bet if the Mets did an Italian jersey and Irish jersey, they would sell better than the "los mets" jerseys.

i think something clicked for the mets last year (and maybe majestic, for that matter), because the blue los mets and the gold cerveceros jerseys really started a trend of a special addition jersey that's actually looked different. i think the appeal of a special edition jersey makes a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint, provided it is distinct from the usual look. why would anyone buy the "los mets" version of the snow white jersey? no reason to. but the blue los mets with the orange head spoon and cuffs? that is more attractive.

speaking of, did i miss that the brewers have a gold alternate this year? i don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere, but it's listen on MLB Shop.

sig2024.png

Archived