New "Old" NFL Logo discoverd!

Nintendogmaster

Yeah, you also could have "discovered" that by watching any NFL telecast over the past four years. Good work, Sherlock.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A bit less rudely than Sodboy, IIRC, it's that little network ID piece that says something like "Fox welcomes you to the following presentation of the National Football League" and there's a procession of historical NFL logos, including that one.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

A bit less rudely than Sodboy, IIRC, it's that little network ID piece that says something like "Fox welcomes you to the following telecast of the National Football League" and there's a procession of historical NFL logos, including that one.

Really? I always saw that ID but I never saw that logo in it...

A bit less rudely than Sodboy, IIRC, it's that little network ID piece that says something like "Fox welcomes you to the following telecast of the National Football League" and there's a procession of historical NFL logos, including that one.

I'm trying to find video now. I know I've seen it but maybe it's not the copyright ID or maybe it's on NFL Network. If I find it I'll link it. It's a short thing, 10-15 seconds, with an announcement of some kind and the logos kind of fly through.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm trying to find video now. I know I've seen it but maybe it's not the copyright ID or maybe it's on NFL Network. If I find it I'll link it. It's a short thing, 10-15 seconds, with an announcement of some kind and the logos kind of fly through.

I've got you covered.

I've got you covered.

Oh that! I didnt notice the red, Also I learned what he says word for word last year :P "This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audiance, Any other use of this telecast, accounts or descriptions of the game without the NFL's concent is prohibited" Dont konw why i would need to know that but.. what ever

For a long time, I've been trying to figure out the beginning and ending dates for all of the various shields...these three are labeled (by the NFL) as "'40s through '60s":

NationalFootballLeague_PMK01a_1940-1959_SCC_SRGB.png

NationalFootballLeague_PMK02a_1940-1959_SCC_SRGB.png

NationalFootballLeague_PMK03a_1940-1959_SCC_SRGB.png

...the last one being an alternate version (I believe).

Here's the two most recent versions - for comparison's sake:

NationalFootballLeague_PMK01a_1970-2007_SCC_SRGB.png

NationalFootballLeague_PMK01a_2008-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Anyone know when these were used?

I've got you covered.

Oh that! I didnt notice the red, Also I learned what he says word for word last year :P "This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audiance, Any other use of this telecast, accounts or descriptions of the game without the NFL's concent is prohibited" Dont konw why i would need to know that but.. what ever

Well, it's also legally inaccurate. Feel free to continue to describing games you see on TV.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

For a long time, I've been trying to figure out the beginning and ending dates for all of the various shields...these three are labeled (by the NFL) as "'40s through '60s":

All I know is that the when the League recently changed its logo, it listed this one as having been introduced in 1980:

NationalFootballLeague_PMK01a_1970-2007_SCC_SRGB.png

I believe that 1980 date refers primarily to the thickness of the exterior line and vertical points on the top, because a similar version has been in use since at least the late 1960s.

13975a_ice_bowl.jpg

Here's another look, from 1975:

This version doesn't seem to have survived into the NFL's logo file history.

Here is another version as well

Nfl_1970.JPG

Is that why they arent on the website yet? Cause we dont have a 100% accurate year? And what about this logo:

Nfl_1970.JPG

Here's another look, from 1975:

This version doesn't seem to have survived into the NFL's logo file history.

Here is another version as well

Nfl_1970.JPG

Is that why they arent on the website yet? Cause we dont have a 100% accurate year? And what about this logo:

Nfl_1970.JPG

That's the same one on the lunch box that Goth posted.

Not sure how anyone thought that stripes behind the letters was a good idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived