BigDmo's Custom NCAA Football 13 Covers

BigDmo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see a Denard Robinson one, especially him during the Under the Lights game with the fauxback.

My buddy Roundpuff over at SCW has made a DR with the away version of the uni's, came out pretty nice

Denard-Robinson.png

Hey bigdmo do you know how the effect on the senses Robinson one is done? Like th extra shiny looking helmet an the cartoonish looking face??

Pretty sure Puff uses a mix of a few plug-ins as well as adding lighting features via layers and other stuff in Photoshop.

Personally I use a mixture of Redynamix, Noiseware Plus, and Portraiture. I also do a lot of manipulating with Photoshop standard stuff like brightness/contrast, burn/dodge tools, high pass, noise, smudge tool. To color correct I just use fill layers set to color and I mess with the opacity to make it look right.

A lot goes into these covers, it's not just a drag and drop process.

Just a suggestion: Patrick Peterson & Tyrann Mahtieu

Both were thrown around for the Heisman Award, similar playing style with Peterson taking Mathieu under his wing when they were both at LSU together.

Hey bigdmo do you know how the effect on the senses Robinson one is done? Like th extra shiny looking helmet an the cartoonish looking face??

Pretty sure Puff uses a mix of a few plug-ins as well as adding lighting features via layers and other stuff in Photoshop.

Personally I use a mixture of Redynamix, Noiseware Plus, and Portraiture. I also do a lot of manipulating with Photoshop standard stuff like brightness/contrast, burn/dodge tools, high pass, noise, smudge tool. To color correct I just use fill layers set to color and I mess with the opacity to make it look right.

A lot goes into these covers, it's not just a drag and drop process.

Yeah I didn realize people use mixtures of plugins.

The coolest thing I learned that made a big difference was color overlay layers and desaturating all the black/white/gray areas. Makes a huge difference.

Used a trial plugin I ha once and I liked it a lot, other than that though haven't really used any. And I don't have photoshop anymore, but I plan on getting a laptop and ps soon, so maybe I can make covers again.

Might I suggest a cover with DeAnthony Thomas and Jonathan Stewart. I think that would be pretty cool.

I'll definitely be doing a lot of Oregon covers and obviously DAT is on my list.

Archived